Chapter 43

Omniscient

Tears silently rolled down the faces of each attendee attending the Memorial Service to honor the life of Jaslyn Robinson. It's been about a month that Jaron has seen or spoken to his sister.

Last week he got word that it was said through the great vine that she was in fact dead. Although no one disclosed who the killers were he pretty much had an idea. The only beef he had right now was with the Adams Family, although Jason was pretty much his boss the murder of his sister trumped all of that.

There was no way he was gonna be able to live with himself if he didn't get revenge. Those were thoughts for another day; today he was honoring his baby sister. He closed his eyes as the orchestra played medleys of Lyn's favorite songs.

He visualized their lives; from when she was first born and him telling his mom how he would rather have a baby brother than a baby sister. Her first day of Kindergarten; where she was so scared that she followed him all the way to his class and asked could she be in his class instead.

He thought about her first boyfriend and how he threaten to kill the boy if he broke his sisters heart, she was in the 8th grade at the time. Silently wiping his fallen tears he thought about her high school prom and how beautiful she looked it her Red dress.

"I stand before you today, the representative of a family in grief

"I stand before you today, the representative of a family in grief. We are all united, not only in our desire to pay our respects to Jaslyn, but in the need to do so. Jaslyn was the essence of beauty, style, and compassion......"

The pastor continued the eulogy as Jaron sat there in a trans. He couldn't believe that his last full conversation with his little sister was an argument.

Although she did some things he didn't agree with, he still loved her the same. He wished he had the chance to tell her.

The service wrapped up and Jaron immediately left the church. He didn't wanna stay behind and talk. He was on a mission, a mission to get answers for his sister.

*******************************

Keasia

I could not face the fact that my best friend was dead. I couldn't even bring myself to attend the Memorial Service. Disrespectful right? Yes I know, but it haunted me that the last interaction we had was a physical fight. Our first physical fight at that.

I rose out of bed slowly and headed to my bathroom to shower. I stayed in the shower for about 30 minutes, crying for the first time since we got the assumption.

I stepped out, dried off, and moisturized my skin. I walked into my closet and searched for something to put on. I decided on some black tights with red designs, a black top, a leather jacket, and some white tennis shoes.