Your Receipt

Derek's POV

It was a long day at the office. I haven't gotten a chance to check on Alek at all. She was more than just a secretary. I don't know if I love her but I know I'm very fond of her. She was the only one to give me a second chance out of that damn Bratzi family. They didn't understand what choices I had to make. What I had to do to ensure success ... I became an enemy to the Bratzi because I chose to be a supporter of humanity.

I didn't realize how tense I had become. I thought I had gotten over the situation that happened years ago but no ... the haunts of my sins were still there. I lost everything except my wealth but what did it matter.

After the Bratzi declared the end of my life on the top of their priority list I took steps to protect me. The Jai Jing.

I pulled up to see Alek's car still in the driveway. I grabbed my backpack out the car and stepped onto my porch.

"Derek!" I looked to my left to see my neighbor Ms. McCarthy. She waved me down and I stepped down off the porch and over to her. "I didn't know you were moving! Are you staying in town or-"

"Wait.. moving?" she looked at me like I was crazy. "Yeah ... moving. There was a huge uhaul truck..."

I paced quickly back onto my porch fumbling with my key to see the door was already open.

I took a deep breath and kicked the door open. I walked over to the coffee table and got my 9mm from underneath. Everything seemed okay... "Derek!"

I turned around and aimed my gun at the source to see my neighbor. "Ms.McCarthy please stay back!" She stepped back and I continued to walk through the house. I went upstairs. There wasn't much damage and you couldn't really tell people were in here.

Alek!

I heard a shriek and ran downstairs. "Alek?!" I reached the living room to see Ms.McCarthy on the ground unconscious. I rushed to her side trying to wake her.

"Derek..." I stood up and turned to see Alek barely standing. "What happen?! Are you okay?" I began to walk towards her and she backed away. "Alek.."

"I don't know how I got back here..." she said.

"Got back.. you were taken?" I asked.

"More like borrowed..."

I looked up to see Dmitri aiming a crossbow at me.

"We both know you won't," I said aiming my gun at him.

"Are you sure it's me you wanna aim at?" he asked.

I heard Alek shriek and I looked in her direction to a devil worse than Dmitri his twin sister Deniska.

She had Alek by the hair and a gun to her head.

I went to move my gun and before I could comprehend that I heard the arrow it was already in my leg. I went down to the ground

"Uncertainty at its finest," Dmitri said descending the steps.

I ignored him as he came closer to me. "Alek are you okay?" I asked and Dmitri kicked me right in ribs, knocking the wind out of me.

"I brought her back in one piece didn't I?" Dmitri asked me.

"Now look how this is going to go. I'm gonna let you and Alek live your every day lives. Killing you would be too easy and you deserve so much more Mr.Wynter ... in return until I do ultimately choose to kill you , you're going to do whatever I say," he said kneeling down and hovering over me.

"I rather die," I said and he chuckled darkly and grabbed me by my hair forcing me to look at him. "I wasn't negotiating," and then and he stabbed a needle in my neck and everything went silent....

Dmitri's POV

I stood up and turned to Alek and Deniska. "Deniska I'm aware that's our baby sister and everything but if she talks... she's dead. Dead dead... like done," I warned and Alek nodded in agreement.

I walked out to the car and sighed heavily as Diana was now in it. "How did it go?" she asked. "I mangled my baby sister's body and couldn't even tell her I was sorry. So honestly I'd be damned if it didn't go well," I said and she nodded.

"I'm sor-"

"Ms. Eliz it's not you that caused me to do that to Alek. It benefited your need of revenge , yes but I did that because my father ordered me to. If it wasn't for that ... she'd be untouched," I said.

"Well what if I said thank you?" I looked to the driver to see Ava. "I'd ask you to clear up what the fuck your thanking me for?" I threatened.

"For being strong enough," she answered and I we stared into each other's eyes for just a second.

She glanced at Diana and then quickly turned back around. She doesn't have that much nerve ... does she?

"Are we really trusting her to drive?" I asked.