No Contest

Diana's POV

"Diana I hope your enjoying your stay out here?" Viktor asked as we stood by his fireplace. "Actually I feel I've overstayed my welcome," I said and he chuckled, "Nonsense. It's imperative you stay here while such a threat-"

"All respect Viktor. The only threat I feel is coming from you. You're not just investigating Derek but my motives and intentions as well. He is my ex-husband. Nothing more ..."

"There are worse things than the Bratzi , Diana ... and your ex- husband has that card in his bra," he smiled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked annoyed and he smirked, "It's rumored your father once killed half of them in a single week."

The Jai Jing.

"I have to go!"

"I can't protect you if your in the states!" he yelled.

"And I can't protect her!" I screamed. I was breaking my character but I couldn't hold it up anymore.

"You aren't leaving Diana!"

"I don't trust you!" I argued.

"Dianette... calm down."

I couldn't breathe. My body went rigid and my emotions exploded. I couldn't control this reaction.

"I know you have questions bu-"

I turned and slapped him hard across the face.

"How could you just stand there and call me that like you any longer have a right to it!!"

"Eliz. I'll leave you to your daughter," Viktor said and I turned to him. "You aren't going anywhere! I'm leaving Russia tonight," I stayed.

"Diane-" A stern look from me made him fix it.

"Diana.. if you really want to protect Ava the best way to do that is to stay here. Sacrifice your love for her so she may live!" he begged.

"Is that what you tell yourself ? You didn't sacrifice shit! You abandoned us!" I argued.

You'd always be in danger! The Jai Jing will not wait on Derek's order to kill you no matter how much he thinks he can hold them at bay. You are a direct link to me... Sometimes I thought it was worth it. Always on the run ... your mother was getting so tired of it. It was effecting you. It has effected you and in the worst ways. We can talk of that later but-"

I cut him off by shrugging his hands off my shoulders, "You said I'm a direct link to you. Well Ava is a direct link to me. She has nobody but me. I've been here for months. I'm going home."

"Deniska and Derek can not protect the both of you against the Jai Jing. I can give you more protection for a price," Viktor said.

"No need. I'm going with her," he said and began to walk away. My eyes softened to him as he walked away and then he paused. "Dianette I wish I possessed the courage then that you have now..."

The long flight back was quiet. "Richard? Could I pass as a Richard?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. "Taylum. Dr. Richard Taylum. Also ... everybody knows Eliz nobody knows what he looks like. It's been years. You've aged. Even if you were to say Eliz nobody would believe you," I said.

"Derek?" he questioned.

"He'd search for resemblance find I look like my mother and interrogate you with all the great stories he's heard over the years," I answered with a smile.

"Viktor always was a good story teller," he chuckled.

I looked at him puzzled and he chuckled once more. "Viktor and I are so close you can almost call him Uncle. His loyalty is a deep one ... If anything was to happen to me... go to him for the answers. You've inspired me."

Author's Note: Sorry it's short! About to go deploy for 6 weeks and didn't wanna leave you empty handed! I need to do better!