Chance Or Opportunity

*3 Months Later*

Diana's POV

"So I'm assuming we're still not speaking?" my father asked and I didn't even glance at him. "Don't you think you're a little too old to act like this?" he continued and I said nothing. "Day can you speak some sense into your niece?" he pleads my uncle and my uncle shakes his head.

"I had grown quite fond of Ava. She was so innocent .. " Victor spoke and I glared at him. "Grown? Was? You speak of her as if she's the past. She's my current and future and if none of you can respect her as such then get out!"

"Be honest with yourself Diana... Dmitri has a new addition to the Bratzi by now," Victor taunted. I launched myself towards him and my father grabbed me and threw me in the couch. "You have really lost your way for that girl," he said struggling to hold me.

"I love her!" I yelled and Victor apologized and I wiggled from my father and stood. "All of you get out," I said and they all refused. "I want a week with her. Just a week to speak to her," I pleaded. Then it dawned on me that I was pleading... me? Begging and for what?

Some girl .. a girl. A disobedient submissive. This whole situation... over some girl. But it was Ava.. she may very well be just a girl to everyone else but to me she was everything I was missing.

"The Bratzi want Derek alive so he can pay his debts and the Jai Jing want you dead... Dmitri captures Derek and brings him to his father and you destroy the Jai Jing... problem solved," I said and Day chuckled, "Niece if it was that simple..."

There was a long period of silence and then I spoke, "My mother is a descendent of The Borgia Family and my father is a living myth. A man who disappears and appears on his own accord ... you were never born and you never died .. yet you existed. The one thing his daughter asked of him was to allow her to experience unbothered and pure love ... " I felt tears coming to my eyes and left and went to my room.

Weeks have passed...

"Well everything is in place," I said and Deniska nodded and then said, "Diana... I warn you .. Derek and Ava had a lot of alone time together and while Ava's heart is in your possession my brother can be-"

"All due respect Deniska.. if Derek has touched Ava.. it'll be the last thing he ever touched. I would do it in such a way you had to kill me ... there would be nothing to live for."

She nodded in understanding. These past few weeks I've made myself clear. I don't give a damn about what happens at this event tonight ... I just know Ava and I will leave alive.

I gave myself one last look in the mirror and took a deep breath. "Even as one of most dangerous women in my father's mafia ... I still wonder what comes with submitting to you," Deniska said ... "And you I will always wonder, out of respect for Ava."

I nodded and made my way to the car. Upon arriving to Feu Bleu I knew Ava and Dmitri was already here. I didn't know what to expect from her... I just know to expect something. When I walked into my office everything slowed as I analyzed the faces. Jai Jing, Dmitri, Viktor , Derek and my eyes rested on Ava who stood behind Dmitri. Doubt of her faithfulness crossed my mind and I glanced to her stomach which was flat and I exhaled.

"Mr.Eliz?" Jai asked with a smirk and I shrugged as I sat behind my desk. Deniska who had walked in behind me stood in front of Ava, shielding her. "I called you all here because this whole situation will publicly destroy everything that has been built by our bloodline for centuries. Viktor it's no secret what Derek owes  you and what he should be paying you he is currently paying Jai Jing in protection," I said and Dmitri released a breath quite soundly.

"Jing you're holding Derek because you know he is target of mine after what he did to someone I care about and you wish to draw out my father. My father has no intention of handing himself over to you. I assure you he was fully capable of handling his own issues but it has come to attention that the Bratzi don't like to be interrupted while handling their own ... also .. the Bratzi consider me family. You hurt me or you don't give up Derek there will be quite the war..." I warned and he smiled wickedly.

"Where is my happy ending princess?" he asked and he drew his gun and put it to my forehead.

Dmitri had a gun on Derek.
Viktor had a gun on Jing.
Deniska had a gun Jing.

"You could very well kill me Mr. Jing but either you'll be dead or you'll never find my father" I said calmly but G-d knows I was nervous as hell.

I felt his barrel move away from me and the sound of everyone putting their gun away.

Then..

There was a scuffle ..

..a safety went off.

Click Clack

"Ava no!"

BANG!

Thud

"Ava... what did you do.."

I couldn't open my eyes.. I didn't dare open my eyes.. even I knew it was a matter of time before G-d had forsaken me.