Chapter 1

I walk towards the bridge. It was late, no cars or any other vehicles in sight. Good.

I walk towards the railing and look down. Must be around 200 meters above the river, atleast. Perfect for my plan.

You must've guessed by now, that I was going to do something dark.  I don't have anything to live for. Everyone I cared for were dead. I have no friends. My families are dead. I've been in an orphanage for a while now.

I can't turn back now. I had to escape the orphanage to come here. If I go back now, I'll be toast. So this is my only way out; my only way out of this treacherous journey called 'life'.  

You must be thinking, why am I doing this? Why am I giving up at life at just 17? Well, my 'friend',  let me tell you my story.

It all started 7 years ago...

-Flashback-

I was 10 when this happened. My father, mother, my brother Zane, and I had to go to a function.

I was reluctant to go. I hated to go to functions, so I threw a fit saying 'I don't wanna go!'. My parents had to oblige to my demand. They called a babysitter to babysit me, much to my annoyance, while they went to the function.

It was all fine and well for most of the day, me and the babysitter spent most of the time playing video games.

Suddenly, we got a phone call. The babysitter got up and picked up the phone.

"Hello? Who is this?" He asked, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Alexander's residence? This is 911. May we know to whom we're speaking to?" A voice said.

"Yes, this is his residence. I am the babysitter. I am babysitting their 10 year old son." He replied.

"We are going to arrive at the residence in 5 minutes. We are going to need to take the boy into our custody for the time being. Please stay with him." The cold voice replied. 

The babysitter was nervous. It wasn't an ordinary thing for a police officer to say that, afterall. He stayed with me, hugging me close to his chest. I knew that the police were coming, it was on the speaker after all. I hugged him back, trying to give him some comfort.

And as the police arrived, so did bad news. As it turns out, my brother and parents got into a car accident with a drunk driver, resulting in their deaths. The drunk driver was in emergency care, hanging for his life by a thread.

We were shocked, silence hung in the air. I broke the silence by crying. I was literally bawling my eyes out. The babysitter tried to comfort me, but to no avail.

I was sent to an orphanage. And the bad luck began.

I stayed in that orphanage for about a year, making no friends at all. Everyone picked on me for being short and kinda skinny. I hated it. Luckily, I was adopted pretty quickly into a loving family, which consisted of a childless couple. I thought that the rough times were over, but oh boy was I wrong. 

3 years after staying with them, I was alone in the house one day. They went on a trip to some place for 2 days. suddenly, there was a phone call. I picked it up. It was the police. I was scared now.

They first confirmed if this was  residence, and after I confirmed it, they broke the news.

My foster parents were killed when there was a shooting in the place they were visiting. I was devastated. Needless to say, I cried a lot.

I was sent to another orphanage, where I was picked on again. After 2 years of staying there, I was finally adopted again by another family.

One day, my second foster parents were out somewhere, which meant I was back home. Guess what happened?

I turned on the TV and selected the news channel as I was bored. I saw that there was a car crash, where 5 people were killed, and 10 others were injured. It occurred right where my second foster parents said they were going. I was panicking now. They were showing the pictures of the victims who were killed, and there I saw the pictures of my second foster parents.

Needless to say, I cried a lot, and was sent to another orphanage again.

-Flash back end-

So, there you go. That's why I want to end my life. I bring death and bad luck to whichever family I become a part of. I don't want to hurt others again.

I look around, making sure there wasn't anybody in sight. This place was the same place where my biological family died, according to the police. I hope to meet them in the after life. I should have went with them. If I did that, my two foster families wouldn't have died, and I wouldn't be going through all of this. I hate myself for throwing a fit about not wanting to go.

I climb up the railing and look down. This is, it. This is the end. 

"Goodbye." I whisper out, as I jump of the railing.