Chapter 7 part 1

A/N: The following chapter is Renszvaras 's Idea. Please go follow them!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride was long, way too long. It felt like hours. We had to go from near the countryside all the way to the city.

Finally, we reached the arcade place.

"God, finally. The trip was so long!" I said.

Ian cocked his head in confusion. "What do you mean? It's been only 10 minutes." Ian said.

"What?!" I exclaimed. It's been only 10 minutes?! I swear it was at least about 30 minutes long drive from there to here!

"I think you got your time messed up or you were just too excited to come here that it felt like hours." Ian smiled.

"I guess..." I pouted and looked away. I didn't want to show him that I was excited to come here as well, but I guess it didn't work.

"C'mon! Let's go inside!" Ian said, grabbing my ha- paw and dragging me inside.

Inside, I saw a variety of arcade games. I saw some games which seemed similar to what we had back at home, like Pac-man.

I looked around and saw something interesting. There were also games which were similar to back at my world, but had a small... tweak to it.

Take Donkey kong for example. I saw some people playing it, and saw that the name hasn't changed. Donkey kong himself hasn't changed as well. But Mario and Pauline changed. Instead of Pauline, we had to save a leopard, I believe, and we played as a Jaguar, I think, instead of Mario. It was a bit weird, but also like I said. interesting.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand and pull me somewhere. I was a bit startled, so I whipped around to who it was. When I saw that it was Ian, I sighed in relief.

He dragged me to game which had platforms near it. I think it's a dancing game.

"Let's play this one!" Ian said.

"What's this game called?" I asked him. This game was pretty similar to the game Dance Dance Revolution.

"It's called Dance Dance Furrolution!" Ian said. Dance Dance Furrolution? Now that's a weird name...

There was no one behind it, which I was kinda surprised by. Isn't this game supposed to be a very popular game?

"Why is there no one here other than us?" I asked Ian as he was choosing a song.

"Oh? Why do you ask?" He asked me.

"Well, we have this game called Dance Dance Revolution in my world, and it was exactly like this one. But we usually had to wait in a line as that game was very popular." I said.

"Oh, well, it's popular here as well! But I don't know why no one was here. But it's good for us, isn't it? We don't have to wait for nobody!" Ian said, smiling.

I smiled back at him. "Yeah, I guess that's true... let's start playing then!"

Ian finally chose a song, and we got ready. Slowly, arrows started appearing on the screen. They were pretty slow, so both of us had no difficulty in getting perfects. But I knew it wasn't going to stay like this for long. Oh, it's gonna get way out of hand in a minute!

Slowly, the song started to get faster and faster bit by bit. Still, neither of us had any difficulty in getting perfects. I smirked. I used to sneak out of the orphanage to go to the arcade sometimes. And this was the game which I played the most at the arcade. So I got tons of practice. And Ian didn't really seem like a guy who would be good at this game, so it makes my chances of winning even more likely.

Now, the song was going fast, but not too much. I still had no trouble though. I looked at Ian's screen and saw that he hasn't slowed down as well. I guess he is good at it.

'Not as good as me though.' I smirked.

The song picked up speed again, and was now going very fast. It wasn't as fast as the fastest songs back at home, as to get all perfects in those songs, we needed to be able to vibrate from each arrow. Still, this song was pretty fast though.

I was concentrating more this time, determined not to miss a single key. By now, it was either a perfect, or a miss. It was that fast. I thought that by now, Ian must have been finished, but he was still going on! I guess I underestimated him a bit.

Finally, after 2 minutes of literally stomping on the mats, the song ended. I was surprised that Ian managed to make it till the end. Both of us were panting, exhausted by the dance workout we had. We looked at the scores. It was... a tie?!

"What?!" I gasped out, still catching my breath. "A tie?!"

The scores were exactly the same, and it was because... well what in the fucking world... both of us got all perfects!

"Wow..." Ian said. "I was sure that I would win. I guess I have a rival in this game." He flashed a smile at me.

"I was sure that I would win too..." I admitted. "I guess I underestimated you,"

"You should never underestimate me," Ian said, proudly abbing his thumb to his chest.

"Okay now. What next?" I asked him.

"Hmmm..." Ian hummed out, scratching his chin as he looked around. Suddenly, his ears jumped up.

"How about that one?" He asked me excitedly, pointing at a machine. The images on it seemed like the game was a fighting game.

"Sure," I replied. "Why not."

~3 hours later~

We got into the car and started driving.

"That was fun!" Ian said happily.

"Hmph." I pouted, looking outside the window.

"What? Still grumpy about your terrible loss?" Ian teased me.

"Shut up! Of course it's about the loss. And also, by the way, you won by just 1 match. Don't act as if you destroyed me in all the matches." I said.

Ian chuckled and reached over to my side and patted me. "There there, you baby." He said.

"I'm not a baby!" I replied, smacking him on the head.

"Hey! I'm driving!" Ian said, rubbing the spot where I hit him.

"Don't act like you're the adult here. You were jumping about with excitement like a child when we thought of going to the arcade. I even called you one, but you were too excited to even listen to me." I pointed out.

"What's wrong about being excited to go to an arcade?" Ian questioned.

"Nothing's wrong with it, just that you looked like a small little wolf pup when you were jumping about like that." I said.

"Well, anyways. We're here." He said, parking the car in the parking lot.

I didn't even realise that we were at the fair until he said that. We got out and I took a look at the fair. It looked huge from here. I can see many things: Rides, roller coasters, merry-go-rounds, you name it. I was in awe when I saw all of it.

"Yo, Zavier!" Ian yelled, waving his paw in front of my face.

"What?" I said, snapping out of my trance.

"You didn't hear me calling you? We're going inside now." Ian replied.

I blushed a little from embarrassment.

Welp, let's look at what all they have here.