Chapter 12

Chapter 12

In front of the fox, was a short, brown boy, with black hair. His brown eyes twinkled with excitement as he looked at Zavier. He was wearing simple clothes; a hoodie and some black jeans. His hair was messy and covered his forehead, reaching below his eyebrows in some areas.

"Wait, what the hell?" Zavier whispered out loud, looking bewildered at his human self. The boy jogged awkwardly towards them, and stopped in front of the fox. He scratched his cheek, something which Zavier remembered doing whenever he felt nervous or out of place.

"Hello, Zavie! Nice to see myself again, hehe!" The human giggled, and then turned towards the girl. "So, what are we two doing here?" He asked her, leaning against Zavier.

"Well, first of all, since both of your names are Zavier, I'll call you two something else so that there is no confusion." She replied. "For you," She examined the human's hair. "You'll be Mess!" She announced proudly.

The human groaned. "Why that of all things? Can't you pick a better name?" He complained.

"Nope!" The girl giggled. "I have decided! And you, my fox boy," She turned towards Zavier. "I shall name you Kit!"

"Really?" Zavier rolled his eyes. "You are going to use the word you call a fox cub as my nickname?"

"Well, sorry for trying." She sassed, booping him on the nose, making him sneeze. "Well, as for the reason I called the two of you here, is because I still have to complete the process of moving you two into your respective worlds."

"What do you mean? Isn't that over already?" 'Kit' asked her. Mess nodded in agreement with him.

"Well, you see, heh heh," She giggled nervously. "You still have to get all of your memories back. Mess here, since he lived in the animal world for so long, already has all of the correct memories." She nodded to the human. "As for you," She looked at the fox. "Though you might remember some stuff, you still need to get the rest of the memories."

"Wait a minute," He interrupted her. "Do you mean that all that had happened to me in the human world was not supposed to happen?"

"Well, yeah! I mean, it would be unfair for you in that universe to go through all of that while the others just had a normal childhood, right?" She said.

"Yeah... I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that." 'Mess' said, looking down nervously. "Well, the past's in the past now... at least everything's okay now." 'Kit' comforted the human, ruffling his hair. In response, 'Mess' smacked his furry arm away, although he was smiling giddily now.

"So, in order to get the correct memories, I would need the both of you to do a sort of ritual. Now, both of you, grab each other's hands and paws, and look into each other's eyes." She ordered them, grinning when Kit shot her an unamused look after she said 'Paws'. They did as commanded, and stared into each other's eyes. The fox found it weird, it was like looking into a stranger's eyes, but here it's not really a stranger, but rather, himself in a different body. And he was sure the human was feeling the same as well.

"Now, repeat after me." The girl said. The grip got tighter.

"Venuela, Judin, Killa, Brimin."

"Venuela, Judin, Killa, Brimin." They repeated after her in unison, despite not understanding what it meant.

"Memorm hiln bristomum, villonun grinto vum.Harita kin, pholostof jinti aririn.Olustopho, Unimaom, Ichitophia!"

And as they recited the ancient verse, a small speck of light started to shine in their embrace. The light grew bigger and brighter, slowly illuminating their arms, making them look like faint sources of light. 

"Goodbye! I'll see you later!" The girl shouted, her voice barely reaching them as sparks started to erupt all around them. A sense of panic shot the fox, but he tried his best to keep looking at his human self's eyes. This is the chance to get everything back to normal, and he is not going to throw it away.

And as the world closed down on them, colours started to weave into the fabrics of time. Their shades, their very essence, splashed here and there, creating a breathtaking scene, one which cannot be described. Their colours split apart, and weave together into one, into the one and only person, as they truly are. No matter what they look like, they are one and the same. The world is their canvas, and it is time to paint themselves the lives they want.

And the music is never lost, their instruments coming together. Each one with their own way, with their own type, and with their own tune. But when put together, they create a melodious tune. The notes from the instruments, the voices, mix together and form a song, one which cannot be replicated. The world is their audience, and now, it is time to perform their show.

 And with their colours and music entwined, they move on.

"To home."