2

v0t3 and c0mm3nt

so um, this book finna be good, secure your bags and wigs .

I took a seat on the old green patched couch that had black cigarette burns in it, from the old owners of the small, slowly broken down apartment

I took a seat on the old green patched couch that had black cigarette burns in it, from the old owners of the small, slowly broken down apartment. I live in this one bedroom, one bathroom, 4 room total apartment, with my two older brothers Sonny, and Red.

I love them two to death, but if you are in this small crammed space with them all day every day, sometimes it can get stressful. They are grown men, and are supposed to eat, or normally would eat way more than they do. Not because they aren't hungry, but because we don't have much food.

We get our money from the state, and they get their little amount of money from their music careers. As you can probably assume, thats not enough to support all 3 of us .

Our parents left us when i was 16 and Sonny, and Red were 18. Now im 19, and they are both 21.

I had to drop out of school to get a dumb ass job at Donna's fish and chicken, as a cashier, and i barely got any money out of that.

Now today, im still working at Donna's. I got a little bit of a raise, but im still in this crusty apartment, with a lot of other people who can't afford to live anywhere else.

Hey, i mean, at least i have some where to live .

I took a sip of my orange juice in the small glass cup, rested in my enclosed fist.

Red walked out from the back of the apartment, where our shared bedroom was located. He took a seat next to me on the couch and sat back, watching the tv with me.

"what they talking about now?" He asked me.

"some type of experiment, they doing it for the whole US. Im not exactly sure though" I shrugged, glancing at him.

"I thinks it's this thing where they makin' all crime legal fo' a month " Sonny walked in, zipping up his all black jacket, and lightly tossing his hood over his head.

"man, that shits fucked up. Like murder?" Red looked up at Sonny.

Sonny nodded, with a disappointed expression on his face.

I frowned, kind of scared a the idea of murder being legal for a month. Hopefully someone gets to that president of ours. I have to be here at the time of this ' murder being legal thing'. That's not okay. Its not like i have enemies or something here, its just that people in Florida are crazy. Sometimes it's a good crazy, but the way im talking about, is not.

" you ready to go Lani?" Red asked me, getting up off of the couch.

" Yeah, i am" I got up, fixing the visor where my hair was put in a slick bun, and fixed the store vest i had to where.

I flicked the power button on the remote, dropping the remote control on the couch, as Sonny grabbed the keys to his old car, and we followed him out the door.

I took a hit from the rolled blunt that rested in between my fingers, puffing the strong smelling, thick white cloud of smoke out my mouth. Stokeley sat next to me in the basement of my crib, as all of me and the guys were scattered around in different parts of the room.

The flat screen television was on the news for some reason, and i never watch that, but im glad i did. I had just heard of this experiment today, and to me, it sounds like total bullshit. It supposed to be letting people take their anger out, and let them do what they wanna do fo' a month just to get everything out of their system.

At least, thats what they claim. The government always fot some shady shit going on, and the gullible believe it.

luckily, im not the gullible.

"yo nigga im hungry" Ski clenched his stomach, groaning and complaining to all of us.

"when aren't you hungry?" Isaiah laughed at him.

"shut up, pussy boi, ima go get some food" Stokeley got up, and i passed my blunt to Craig, getting up to follow him. Im not gonna lie, i was kinda hungry as well.

Danny, and Rahime followed us, so i guess they were hungry too.

-

I pushed the glass doors of the restaurant, and the tiny silver bell rang at the top. Some people stared, but i didn't care. Im used to it by now.

We walked up to the cash register and there stood Kehlani, waiting to take the next persons order. Once Stokeley, Rahime, and Danny noticed that Kehlani was there, they quickly smiled. All my friends loved her. But not like that, only as friends, i hope.

It's not that i like her either, because i don't, i just don't want them to date her.

Kehlani stared up at me, and playfully rolled her eyes, once she noticed it was actually me.

"how may i take your order" She said sarcastically, titling her head,

"same as always, Lani" I used her nick name to refer to her.

She gave me a weak smile before putting in the order to the computer with the same thing we always get every time.

"how you been, K?" Stokeley asked her, using her other nick name.

"I've been good Ski, how are you?" She asked him politely, glancing at me every so often.

My smirk grew wider, every time she glanced at me.

"i been good too-" He was cut off by a co worker in the back who was dumping frys in to a deep fryer.

"Sir, you have people behind you" The girl said snobbishly, and then mean mugged Kehlani before turning back around.

Her name was Amiya. She was always dick riding every time we were here, and throwing shade at Kehlani, even though she never does anything wrong.

Ion know how i feel about her.

to be continued...