4

v0t3 and c0mm3nt

whats your favorite story i ever wrote? cannot say all of them .

" thank you for the ride guys " I waved at them, hopping out the car, exposing myself to cool air outside the car

They all said bye, as i shut the car door behind me, pulling open the heavy doors of the tall apartment building. I walked my way to elevator, pushing the button, and it usually would turn red if the elevator was coming, but it didn't do anything.

"fuck, this stupid thing is broken again " I stomped the ground, aggravated.

I had to take the stairs, and i live on the 24th floor. Oh my gosh .

-

I got to the top of the stairs, finally on the 24th floor, after about 10 minutes. I wiped the small particles of sweat from my forehead, and began to walk to my apartment. I pulled my keys out my other back pocket, separate from my phone.

" hey Kehlani" I heard ms. Delores greet me.

i turned around, changing my exhausted face in to a smile.

"hello Ms. Delores, how are you?" I asked her.

"horrible, that damn elevator broke again. I almost passed out" She joked dramatically.

I laughed at her joke as she was about to say bye before she seemed to remember something.

"Are they really doing this experiment?" She asked with a disappointed expression on her face.

I gave her a sad nod, making her frown, and turn around.

"bye ms. Delores" I said to her, putting my key in my door.

"bye, baby" She said sounding upset, without turning around to face me.

I opened my apartment door, and closed it behind me. I walked towards the bathroom when i noticed large drops of blood on the floor leading to the door. I knew Sonny would be at Dina's house so this had to be Red.

"Red, there's blood on the floor, you good?" I banged on the door

"yeah, I- I cut myself shaving" He said through the door.

"how many times i gotta tell you. You need shaving cream Red, open the door, or ima kick it down" I banged on the door once again.

"okay...okay" He sighed, opening the door revealing a slash on his neck.

"oh my gosh what the fuck happened to your neck?" I asked worried, examining his neck.

-

I pushed open the door to Jahseh's house after i unlocked it. I walked to their living room . I guess they heard the door close cause they were already looking at me.

"oh hey Kehlani." Isaiah waved at me, and i glared at him, making their faces go confused.

"why y'all let Red help y'all out in dem' streets ?" I asked them, specifically looking at Jahseh.

"what you mean, K ?" Jahseh asked,

"he just got cut...by Skelator" I said sternly, making all their faces go shocked besides Tank who had a guilty look on his face.

I looked at him with a disgusted face.

" I was there, he wasn't selling nothing- WE weren't sellin' nothin'. But you know how Skelator is." Tank explained putting his hands up defending himself.

"i got him out of there, Kehlani " He sighed.

I exhaled, i didn't even notice i was holding my breathe.

"look Lani, i want y'all to stay with us during this purge thing" Jahseh said to me, and Stokeley nodded.

"it's for a month Jahseh, we gonna have to leave eventually" I crossed my arms at him.

"fo' what? we got everything here?" Jahseh assured me.

"stokeley you not eating all our food" Rahime warned him.

"nigga ion even eat dat much" Stokeley claimed making everyone burst out in to laughter.

Once the laughter went down, Stokeley crossed his arms and sat back.

"y'all some bullies" He furrowed his eyebrows, mean mugging us.

"yo Lani, ima take care of Skelator, don't worry about it" Jahseh said.

"what you mean take care of him? hurt- kill him?" I asked.

"fuck else?" Jahseh said in a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes about to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"im playing, but what else im posed to do? " he asked.

I threw my hands in the air, aggravated with everything.

"i don't know jah " I sighed to myself.

"it's better to kill him before he kill us" Danny shrugged.

And Jahseh nodded, indicating that he agreed.

I exhaled once again.

"ugh, i got to go" I got out of Jahseh's grip and walked out their house.

-

i walked through the streets, on my way back to the apartment. The air blew my hair as i slowly walked down the not so crowded streets. Cars drove by, and the mood seemed gloomy. The sky was a light grey, as i was getting to the more dangerous part of the town.

I couldn't go around, i lived here.

I tried my best to not look at people who got beat up in dark allies, or the drug dealers at the corner of the street, though i know they stared at me.

to be continued...