10

I stared at him with wide eyes. I didn't know what to say. I could feel the tears start to poor down my face but I remained motionless. Saeyoung kept looking at me with his big copper eyes. His skin was still quite pale and his fingers, that I was now holding, were still cold. I moved one of my hands to his cheek and brushed my thumb against his cheekbone.

"Y/n?" He said, his voice overtaken by confusion.

That was all I needed to start sobbing. I pulled my hands away from him and brought them to my face to hide my tears. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched in shock.

"Y/n are you ok?" The voice asked. I recognized it as Vanderwood.

I couldn't explain myself. I couldn't explain why I was reacting the way I was. I was so overwhelmed with the fact that Saeyoung almost died and overjoyed that he was ok. I wrapped my arms around Saeyoung's neck. He placed his hand on my back. The medical wires were still attached to his arms. Once I calmed down I pulled away from him, keeping a firm grip on his hand.

"I need you to tell me what the fuck is going on y/n." Sae said to me. His voice was over taken by fear and I could see the confusion in his eyes.

"You where in a car accident Sae." I said softly.

"Oh my god." He replied.

"Do you really not remember?"

"I remember calling you and then everything went black and then here I am. I suppose it makes sense now that I think about it."

"I told you to hang up the phone dummy." I whispered, looking at his hand that I was holding in between my own. I was using my thumb to draw small circles on the back of his hand. He let out a small chuckle at my comment before looking at the doctor.

"How long was I out for?"

"Not long. A bit over a day." Doctor Kim responded.

"Ok so I didn't miss much?"

"Just my 5 hour crying session" I said jokingly.
Doctor Kim ran a few more tests and took some of Sae's blood before leaving. Now it was just us.

"Y/n..." he whispered, tears forming in his eyes.

"Yes?"

"Why can't I feel my toes?"

"Shit!" I said outloud. I had totally forgotten about the mobility loss in the legs.

"What's going on? Am I ok?"

"Physically yes. Your vitals are good and your brain hasn't suffered much trauma."

"Well that's good."

"One downside. You suffered mobility loss in your legs." I said quality.

"What do you mean? Mobility loss?"

"It means they don't work."

"Don't work?" He shouted in shock.

"Well not forever I think it will sake some work for them to start working again. There will be lots of physical therapy."

"Will you be there?" He asked me with big eyes.

"Every step of the way baby!" I said smiling and holding his hand.

"So I can't walk?" He asked.

"Not yet... but the doctors said they were going to start physio as soon as you were awake and well, you're awake!"

It got quiet for a minute. I couldn't even imagine what must be going through his head right now after everything with Saeran as well as the crash.

"I want to start it now." He said with a straight face.

"You can start it soon!" I replied. "You need some time to just rest for a bit. To just let your mind recover."

"I don't need my mind to recover y/n. How am I supposed to do anything if I can't fucking walk?" He yelled.

I jumped a bit, getting startled.

"Saeyoung there are people around. Sick people. People who are grieving. Please show some kind of respect. This is a hospital." I said annoyed.

He turned his head away quickly and I could see his eyes were filled with tears. This has got to be so hard for him. To see his brother, almost lose his girlfriend and then get into a car accident all in the same week. I sighed and walked around to the other side of his bed, sitting down and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Talk to me." I whispered.

That's when his tears fell. He shut his eyes real tight but it didn't seem to stop anything. My heart hurt to see him like this. He was always my big strong best friend and then he was my big strong boyfriend. It was crazy seeing him like this.

"It hurts y/n." He sobbed.

"What does love?"

"Everything. My heart. My arms. My chest."
"Most of that is due to bruising but it's going to go away soon I promise." I said, leaning down to kiss his forehead.

"Who knows?" He asked, the stillness returning to his voice.

"Everyone." I replied.

"Then why aren't they here? Jumin should be done cleaning up from the party and I'm almost positive Zen has nothing going on."

"I don't know babe." I paused. When he didn't respond I spoke back up. "Do you want me to call them?"

"No. Why would they come now when they didn't bother coming before?"

"Saeyoung don't be like that come on."

"Be like what? I'm stating a fact y/n. Nothing more."

"Ok obviously they care, I know for a fact that Yoosung wanted to be here but I told him that it was best to stay away for now, thinking you wouldn't want people to see you like this. Maybe he told the others?"

"Ya... maybe."

There was a small knock on the door before it opened revealing Doctor Kim.

"Sorry to interrupt I just wanted to ask. Saeyoung in your records it doesn't say anything about siblings is that correct?"

"Um yes." He responded.

"That's what I thought. Ok never mind then."

"Wait why where you asking?" Saeyoung said warily.

"Oh just someone showed up at the reception desk claiming to be your brother."