28

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THIS! Someone bring Kleenex it's gonna be a long day :( One more chapter after this... should I include a song to play during the last chapter??
———————————
"YOOSUNG!" I screamed, pushing past Saeran.

Saeran was in shock, I don't think he ever meant to hurt anyone but me. With him frozen, Saeyoung and Jumin ran over to him while Zen ran over to Yoosung with me.
Yoosung stared down at his chest where the bullet had gone through. His blue sweater was now crimson and his skin had gone pale. He looked back up at me with tears in his eyes before falling backwards. Zen caught him before he hit the ground and later him gentry on the floor.

"Yoosung please no... please look at me." I begged, tears falling down my cheeks.

He started coughing and met my gaze.

"Y/n I..."

"No don't talk... save your energy you are going to be ok." I told him, looking around for anything to help stop the bleeding.

"Y/n I'm not gonna make it." He told me softly.

"Yes you are."

"Y/n it's ok." He coughed again.

"No you are going to be ok!!" I cried.

He put his hand over top of my hand.

"You have to be ok." I whispered, chocking on sobs.

He breathed in sharply.

"I'm-I'm sorry." He told me.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked him, moving his head into my lap.

"I should have..." He coughed again, "I should have been there for you more."

"Yoosung I never could have asked for anything more than you gave me. You are the best friend anyone could have ever asked for. But don't worry we are going to get help." I told him, brushing the hair away from his forehead which was covered in sweat.

"Y/n I think I'm dying..." He told him, the tears in his eyes falling.

I brushed them away.

"Yoosung?" I whispered.

No answer.

"Yoosung?!" I said more urgently.

Zen started pulling away from his body.

"No! NO YOOSUNG!! NO LET ME GO ZEN! YOOSUNG ANSWER ME PLEASE!" I begged, chocking and sobbing.

I pushed against Zen's grip which never loosened.

"NO!" I continued to scream.

Hot tears were rushing down my face and I couldn't control anything. I was choosing not to believe what I had just seen. My best friend was still alive. He was ok. He was ok. Zen brought me into the car Jaehee was sitting in and locked the doors.

"Y/n what happened?" Jaehee asked, taking a look at my state.

"Saeran he... he... and Yoosung..." I broke down into tears again and brought my knees up to my face.

I stayed like that for what felt like hours before the door beside me opened. I jumped in surprise and looked over to the now open door. There stood Saeyoung who looked at me with big sad eyes.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Those three words. The words I had been dreading to hear. My heart finally stopped in my chest and the sick feeling washed over me. I leaned over the side of the car and let everything out of my system. I was gasping for breath by the end of it. Saeyoung's hand lay on my back while Jaehee held my hair out of my face. When I finally finished the crying started again. Saeyoung pulled me out of the car and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around him and continued to cry. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to escape the memory of Yoosung hitting the floor. I started to feel dizzy. The nausea came back and I pushed Saeyoung to let me down. I ran over to the bushes out front and continued to let everything out of my system. Saeyoung sat down beside me.

"What are we going to do with your brother?" I asked quietly.

"Zen called the cops... they are taking him into custody." He told me.

"What about..." I trailed off.

"Ambulance."

"You mean they can still save him?" I asked hopefully.

He shook his head and put his hand on my shoulder.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." I cried.

"I know baby." He whispered.

"NO YOU DONT!" I screamed in frustration, "HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SPEND THE REST OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER. OUR KIDS WERE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS. HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR ME WHEN EVEN MY OWN MOTHER KICKED ME OUT. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. HE WAS MY SOULMATE!"

I sobbed again, my chest heaving.

"He is my soulmate." I choked out.

Saeyoung pulled me into his chest.

"Please bring him back Sae. Please bring him back." I begged, clutching onto his sweater.

The sirens from the ambulance cut him off and we saw four or five police cars accompanied mi by two ambulances pull into the driveway.
Saeyoung stood up and went to go talk to them. Zen sat down beside me where Saeyoung just was. I stared blankly ahead. My cheeks were burning and I felt every weight in the world atop of my shoulders. I glanced up in time to see medical professionals carrying a stretcher with a white sheet over top.

"No!" I screamed, getting up to run over to the stretcher.

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to step back." The officer said.

"No please you don't understand that's my best friend I need to say goodbye please." I begged them, tears rolling down my cheeks again.

They looked at each other and nodded, allowing me to pass. I ran over to the stretcher and pulled the white cover off the top of Yoosung's body.

"Hey best friend." I whispered softly, brushing my hands over his cheek.

It was cold and pale.

"I thought you promised me you were going to be careful." More tears fell down my face.

"I love you so much Yoosung." I cried.

"This isn't goodbye I promise. I'll see you soon ok? You need to be there for my wedding. I need you to walk me down the aisle. Remember? And I need you to help me buy my first dog. And I need you to meet my kids. You aren't going to meet my kids." I sobbed harder, the tears blurred my vision.

I bent down and kissed his forehead. My tears dripped onto his face and I slowly brushed them off.

"I love you." I whispered before turning around and walking towards Saeyoung who had his arms out to hug me.

My sobs came back as I reached him. Maybe this was goodbye.
—————————————
AHHHHHHH HOW WAS THAT???
Are you all ready for the last chapter??
I'm so so sad that this book is coming to an end! This whole journey was amazing and I love you all!
Thanks for your love and support! ♥️♥️