29

*two years later*

"Y/n!" Jaehee yells at me from downstairs.

"I'm coming. Give me a minute this stupid dress won't zip." I yell back.

Four months ago Saeyoung got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I didn't hesitate for a second when answering. He had been there for me for everything these past few years. I said yes and jumped into his arms. We had spent these past four months planning and planning. Jaehee and I had gone out a month ago to pick my dress and we left the venue decision up to Jumin, figuring he would be best with things like that. I hear her walk up the stairs and open the door to my room. She softly smiles at me and comes over to help me with the zipper of my dress.

"You look beautiful." She says smiling.

I look at myself in the mirror. The white dress. The vail. Yoosung would have loved this.
It's been two years an 5 days since the death of my best friend. It still haunts me. The first few days were the worst. I didn't eat or sleep and would spend my whole day in bed. My heart was broken. There were some days I didn't think I would make it. I just wanted to die. Everything hurt and I felt so empty inside as if someone had taken my soul and crushed it. Some nights I still wake up in a cold sweat and can't breathe. It's nights like those when I am especially grateful for Saeyoung. He brings me water and stays awake until I can sleep again. It took me months before I was able to go through his stuff back at the house we shared. I kept one of his blue sweaters and I wear it from time to time. Usually when I miss him.

The funeral was small. Just the 5 of us and his parents. The casket was opened at the funeral and we all said our goodbyes. I held his hand before they closed it. I told him how much I loved him and how much I was going to miss him. His mom had brought with her a stuffed tiger. She gave it to me and explained how Yoosung had won it for me at a carnival as a kid but chickened out on giving to me. It made my heart lurch. That was the day when it really hit me. I was never going to see him again. (Play the song now)

I look over towards where the stuffed tiger is now and then down at my necklace. Since that day I stopped wearing any necklace but the one he had gotten me for my 16 birthday. It was a gold heart shaped locket with a picture of us inside. I touch my hand to the cool metal and smile to myself.

"Are you ready?" Jaehee asks me.

I nod my head and we start walking down the stairs. She pushes open two large doors and the music starts. I feel tears form in my eyes as I clutch the necklace in my palm. Jaehee hands me off to Zen who walks me down the long aisle. Thinking about it, there was no need for a venue this big. It is just the 5 of us. No one else was important enough to invite and I prefer it to be small. Jumin stands at the end of the aisle holding a book in his hands. I reach the end of the aisle and Saeyoung takes my hand. He wipes the tears away from his eyes and looks at Jumin.

"You prepared your own vows?" He asks us.
We nod in unison and I pull out a piece of paper.

"Saeyoung. When we first started talking you were just the goofy boy on my phone. Soon you became the goofy boy from the party. We have grown so much and I wouldn't take back a single moment spent with you. Our love is more than any metaphor can express. I promise to be there for you no matter the situation, the time or the occasion. I love you more than I will ever be able to express." I tell him, my hands shaking and my eyes clouded over with tears.

He whispers an I love you before holding up his paper.

"Y/n, I have been looking for you for a long time. Before I met you I felt like I was traveling around in the dark. And then you...a bright shining star that made me see again and brought me back to life. I have not left your side since and I can promise I never will. On this day I vow always to stay true to you and always work things out even when we fuss and fight. I will take care of you in sickness and always have your back. And Y/n I will trust in you and will always know you have my best interest in your heart. A heart that is full and rich with love, generosity, and caring beyond all the universe. You are the most beautiful person inside and out and I am the lucky one because you have already given me everything I have ever wanted... I love you."

Tears fall from my cheeks.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

We look up at Jumin.

"Saeyoung Choi, do you take Y/n L/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asks Saeyoung.

"I do." He says confidently.

"And Y/n L/n, do you take Saeyoung Choi to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Jumin asks me.

I look out into the empty seats and close my eyes.

*flash back*

I woke up screaming.

"Y/n! What's wrong what happened?" Saeyoung asked, rushing to my side.

"He was in my dream again..." I whispered.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It was all white. The whole room. He came over to me and put his hand over top of mine. He told me he was ok and that slowly I would be too. He told me I had to let go. I don't want to let go Saeyoung." I sobbed into his chest.

*flash back over*

I smile to myself remembering Yoosungs words.

"Slowly you will be ok too. I promise. And when you look out at the seats on your wedding day. I will be sitting at the back. I'm so proud of you and I love you more than the world." He had told me.

His voice echos through my head as I look up at Saeyoung with confidence.

"I do."
————————————
AHHHHHHH ITS OVERRRR!
I love you all so much. This goodbye is bitter sweet. Although I'm happy to see the story come to a final end I will miss your love and support. Thank you to those that continuously comment with support. You mean so much to me and I will always cherish you. Thank you for coming with me on this journey.
Please check out my ThorinxReader story (if you like the hobbit or lord of the rings) and thank you again for sticking with me♥️♥️