18

I pulled away from the kiss and buried my head into the crook of his neck just taking in his scent. He put his hands into my hair and rubbed up and down my back. I couldn't for the life of me understand where my head was at right now but I didn't want to be anywhere but here.

"This is not how I was expecting my night to go down." Vanderwood said, looking me in the eyes.

I smiled up at him.

"Why did you call me and no one else?" He asked me.

"I didn't want anyone else. I broke up with Saeyoung because being with you is the only thing that makes sense right now."

"Woah... being with me?" He looked shocked.

"Ya." I said.

"Y/n... you can't be with me..." He said quietly.

"Wait why not?"

"As much as Saeyoung is an asshole, he is still my friend. I can't date you."

"What the fuck Vanderwood. That's not what you said at the party last night."

"Y/n that's not-"

"No. Tell me the truth, do you love me? Or not?"

"I do love you. I love you more than the stars love the sky." He whispered, holding me closer.

"Then please. Don't ruin this moment. Just be with me. Tonight. I need you here."

"Ok." He said softly.

He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him and he kissed me lightly.

"I want to go home." I told him, resting my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms protectively around me.
"Ok. Want me to drive you?"

I nodded. I hopped off the hood of the car and interlaced my fingers with his as we walked to his car. Why did this feel right? Why wasn't I upset over Saeyoung? Would I be upset in the morning? Would I regret this moment with Vanderwood? Would I care? My head hurt so much and my eyes were burning. I just wanted to go home. I got into the car and fastened my seatbelt, looking over and Vanderwood and smiling.

"God you're adorable." He said, resting his hand on my cheek.

I smiled and scrunched my nose up. My phone went off interrupting our moment. It was Yoosung.

1:35 am
Yoosung: hey. How did everything go? Do you need me to come get you? Are you ok?
Y/n: it's all good YuYu. I... um... I'm getting a ride home from Vanderwood.
Yoosung: *shocked emoji*
Yoosung: What? Explain!
Y/n: it's too hard to explain over text. I'll tell you in person. We are on our way now. I'll be home in about 20 minutes.
Yoosung: *frustrated emoji*
Yoosung: ok... I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed.
Y/n: I promise I'll explain everything later.
Y/n: actually maybe in the morning it's 1:42 am... I'm tired.
Yoosung: ok. I'll see you soon.
*Yoosung has left the chat*
*y/n has left the chat*

"Everything ok?" Vanderwood asked me, looking over concerned.

"Ya... it's just Yoosung being the paranoid friend that he is." I said, forcing a smile.

I couldn't lie and say I wasn't nervous.

"Oh shit." Vanderwood said suddenly, panic coming over his face.

"What? What's wrong?"

"How the fuck am I going to be able to go home to Saeyoung?"

"Oh... I hadn't thought about that..." I whispered.

"Oh I am so screwed." He said quietly.

I mean it was true. He was screwed. It hadn't been a secret to Seven that Vanderwood liked me. Having Vanderwood disappear right after Saeyoung and I broke up must look suspicious.

"Just hope for the best... that's the only advice I have." I told him, trying to be positive.

"He's going to murder me. I am going to be murdered."

"You don't have to tell him anything you don't want to Woody. He can't do anything about it anyways. I called you. You didn't come out to comfort me randomly. Any good agent should be able to spot that."

"Ya... emphasis on the good agent part."

"Woody! That's so mean!" I said laughing.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding!!" He said, joining in.

We pulled into Yoosung's driveway and Vanderwood stopped the car. He undid his seatbelt and turned in his seat to look at me right in the eyes.

"No matter what happens," He started, "You can always call me or text me if you need anything and I'll be there."

"Ok." I said happily.

He gave me a soft smile before I opened my door. I walked slowly up to the door to the house and pulled out my keys. I took a deep breathe.

"Y/n! Wait!" Vanderwood yelled at me from the car.

"What?" I yelled back.

"I love you!" He said, smiling like an idiot.

I laughed, smiled and waved before opening the door to the house and stepping inside. I closed it behind me and leaned against it, sliding down. I heard footsteps and knew my day was far from over.

"Explain missy." Yoosung said, sitting across from me on our couch.

"Ok..." I sighed.

I told him about the break up and how I felt this pull to Vanderwood and I felt like he needed to be there. I told him how Vanderwood got there and was the support I needed. I told him how we kissed and that Vanderwood said he loved me and that I have to admit I like him way more than I should having just broke up with Saeyoung.

"Shit." He said, shocked from all the information.

My phone went off again, interrupting us. It was a text message from an unknown number.

2:07am
Unknown number: hi y/n
Y/n: who is this?
Unknown number: you don't remember me? That's sad. You're hard to forget. *attached: 1 image*
I clicked on the image. It was a picture of me and Vanderwood. I was sitting on the hood of my car and we were making out. I gasped in shock and fear.
Y/n: where did you get that picture?
Unknown number: you should be careful who you get on your bad side... doll ;)
*unknown number has left the chat*

I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Yoosung asked me.

I slowly turned the phone around to show him the messages.

"Yoosung? I don't think I'm safe here"

A/n:
Ahhhhhhhhhh that was so long! I'm so sorry it's taken so long for this chapter! I have way too much shit in my life right nowwww!
I love you all so much and thanks for your patience!
Xo