Chapter One: Before the fight

At the D.E.O, Kara, Mon-el, Winn,  J'onn, Kal-El, And Alex gathered in the Main cortex. "Dakam Oar. I accept your challenge Supergirl. We dual in four hours. Daxam assures you, it will be your last." Queen Rhea said from on the big screen in the D.E.O, then the screen turned off. Winn looked at Kara in complete confusion. "Okay, what just happened?" He asked. "Kara, What did you just do?" Asked Alex in a worried tone. Mon-el looks at Kara and then to Alex. "She's going to end this." He stated. Kara locked eyes with Kal-El and starts to walk up to him. "Kal, Will spar with me? Keep me on my toes until I meet with Rhea?" Kal-el nodded sternly.

    In between punches, "So what exactly did you just tell Rhea you were going to do, Kara?" Landing an ariel, Kara replied "Dakam Oar. Its a daxamite way to settle big battles like this. A one on one dual." Kara said as she sat down on the bench. "So if Rhea loses, she and all the Daxamites, besides Mon-el of course, will have to leave earth and never come back. But-" "But if she wins, you will have to stand by and watch your city and planet be destroyed by her and her minions." Kal interrupted. Kara nodded solemnly, and took a deep breath.  "But thats not gonna happen, because you're go to win this once and for all." Said Kal trying to encourage his cousin. "I've seen you beat tons of bad guys. Heck, you beat me! You got Rhea!"

Kara Smiled. "Thanks Kal. That means a lot." Just then, Kal-El's phone buzzed. "Hey, look at this." He showed Kara the picture on his phone. It was of Supergirl and Rhea with text that read "Supergirl VS. Rhea! Supergirl battles queen Rhea one last time. Who will win? Dual in just a few hours!" Shocked, Kara looked up at Kal. "We have to stop Ms. Grant from publicizing this! We cant have civilians showing up and getting injured." Stated Kara. Kal nodded in agreement. "You're right. But how are you planning on stopping her? Telling Cat Grant, The queen of all media, to stop promoting the biggest alien battle ever, wont make any sense to her." Kara thought for a second. "But she does listen to you for some reason, Kal. Or should I say, Clark." Kara chuckled.

    Kara and Kal-el, or Clark Kent walked into CatCo world wide media. "Ker-rah!" Cat Grant yelled from her office in a sing song voice. Kara came running into Cat Grants office with Clark following behind. "Yes Ms. Grant?" Kara replied. "Where have you been?" Cat asked franticly as she searched for something on her desk. "I need you to take layouts down to editing, and tell that Jimmy Olson to come to my office immediately. I need him to cover the story about-" Cat looked up and saw Clark Kent, the best reporter at the Daily Planet, and secretly Kara's cousin, standing next to Kara. "Why, if it isn't Clark Kent." Cat said in a collected voice as she dusted herself off to regain composure. "What brings you all the way to national city? Is it the big battle between Supergirl and that evil queen?" Clark glanced at Kara and then back at Cat.

    "Yes, actually." He looked back at Kara again. "Actually, we're both here because we think it would be best if you were to maybe tune down a bit with all the promoting." Clark stated. Cat looks at both Kara and Clark and raises her eyebrow in suspicion. "What he means to say-" Kara said jumping in. "is that yes, this is a big event in history, and people should know about it, but maybe its not so much of a good idea to be promoting it right now. Because people are probably going to show up and they could easily get injured. And we don't need that on top of a huge alien battle." Kara concluded. Cat pondered this information for a second and then said "No, you're right. We need to do what is best for the people, and in this case, that is not promoting this quite so much. Or at all for that matter." Kara looked at her cousin and sighed in relief. "But what do you think? Do you think our supergirl is strong enough to beat that nasty excuse for a queen?" Cat asked the both of them. Clark looked at Kara while he answered. "Yes, I definitely think so. Supergirl is one of the strongest heroes out there. Rhea has most defiantly gotten herself into something she cant get out of." He said in complete certainty. Cat nodded at his answer, and then looked over at Kara for her answer. Kara took a second to think about her response, and then said "Yeah, I think so too. Supergirl will win. And even if she doesn't, she will go out with all she has."  "But she will win." Clark quickly added reassuringly. Kara nodded and smiled at her cousins encouragement.

    Then Kara looked over her shoulder and saw Mon-el or also know as Mike Matthews, standing by her desk. Kara looked at Ms. Grant then Clark then back at Cat. " Well, thank you for reconsidering Ms. Grant." Kara said as she and Clark stood up from the chairs in front of Cat Grants desk.

    As they walked up to Kara's desk, Kara looked at Mon-el who looked concerned. "Whats the matter? Did Rhea do anything?" Kara asked quickly in a very serious tone. "Hey, no. Not yet." Mon-el answered. Kara thought for a moment and then asked with a chuckle "Then why are you here?" Mon-el smiled. "Well, when you left the D.E.O you were, well, pre-tty intense. I figured you were probably pretty nervous." He looked around to make sure no one would hear him. "And you totally have the right to be. I mean, going head to head with the biggest enemy we've faced. Dude, I'd be terrified. But I just came to make sure you're okay." Mon-el finished. Kara looked at him lovingly. "Aw, well thank you. But I'm really okay." Kara tried to convince Mon-el. But Mon-el didn't believe her. "Are you sure?" He persisted in a way that told Kara that he knew she was lying.  Kara sighed. "Well, no. I guess I'm just feeling the pressure right now. I mean, I have to beat her!"  Mon-el looked at her with a saddened caring look. "Hey, hey, Listen to me. Everything will be okay. You have to believe that. I know you can, and will beat her." Mon-el said. Kara smiled and hugged Mon-el. "I sure hope you're right." Kara said and sighed.

Hey! This is my first fanfic I've written, so sorry if its not very good. What did you think of this chapter?