Chapter Three: The aftermath

Kara flew into the D.E.O Smiling with satisfaction.  Mon-El ran up to her as soon as she came in. "Hey! Hey, you did it! I knew you could!" He praised her excitedly, pulling her into a hug. "Great job! Im so proud of you." Kara looked into his eyes and smiled widely. "Thank you. But I couldn't have done it without your support." She replied with certainty, and pulled him into a quick kiss.  Just then, Alex walks up to them beaming. "Kara! you did it! We got her." Kara looked at her sister and nodded happily. Quickly Clark, James, Winn and J'onn joined in on the celebration. Their big bad guy was defeated. they could now go back to their normal lives, and not have to worry about Rhea destroying the city on their lunch break.  

Their celebrating was abruptly interrupted by the loud D.E.O alarm that sounded throughout the building.  "Winn? What is it?" Kara quickly asked her best friend as the alarm still went on. Winn looked at Kara, and then to Mon-El, who looked like he had just seen a ghost or something. Kara knew he was worried that his mother, Rhea, had escaped or something. Winn rushed over to the computer, and quickly pulled up what was causing the alarm to go off.  He looked back at Kara. "Its just a robbery on Fifth and main." Winn said with a hint of relief. Kara looked at Winn, then over to Mon-El who was suddenly flooded with peace and relief. "Oh, thats easy! I got it!" Kara said as if it was nothing.  Mon-El nodded. "I'll come too." He added.  Kara smiled at her boyfriend. "Go suit up!" she told him. 

When Kara and Mon-El landed at Silver Crest Bank, where the robbery was, Kara flew in and got all the hostages out safely while Mon-El handcuffed the robbers. As the police dealt with the thieves, Mon-El walked up to Kara who was watching the police. "And another one bites the dust!" Mon-El says to her as her gives her a high five. Kara looked at him, raising her eyebrow and laughing. "Yep!" Kara replied. Mon-El looked at the police car that was now driving away with the robbers inside, and to Kara. "If I do say so myself, I think we make a great team Supergirl." Kara smiled sweetly. "I think so too Valor." She said with a chuckle.

At CatCo, the elevator doors opened and Kara walked out with a big smile on her face. Nothing was going to stop what Alex likes to call her "Post rescue swagger".  She had stopped Queen Rhea. Why wouldn't she be happy? As she set her purse down under her desk, her phone started to ring. Kara pulled out her phone and answered. "Hello?" Kara said to the phone. "Hey! Kara! are we still on for lunch today?" Lena's voice said through Kara's phone. "Oh, Yeah! Uh- totally!" Kara quickly replied. She had completely forgotten she had planned lunch with one of her best friends. Kara loved being around Lena, but it was hard because she didn't know Kara was Supergirl. So that made it difficult for Kara at times.  "Okay, awesome! see you then!" Lena replied. "Yep!" Kara answered, and hung up the phone. She glanced at the time on her phone before putting it down on her desk. It was 9:34am. Kara knew that she had to write a whole article today. Kara opened up her laptop and pulled up her article. She was supposed to write about Supergirl and Rhea's battle. She loved it when she was assigned to write articles about Supergirl. It made it so easy to write considering she is Supergirl. Using a little bit of her superspeed, she began to type. and she continued for the next few hours. Before she knew it, it was 11:45 am. And Lena was at CatCo. Lena walked up to Kara's desk to find her typing away on her laptop, now at a normal speed. Now standing in front of her desk, Lena had been waiting there, just standing there for about 10 seconds. Kara was so into her writing, smiling widely. She was so proud of her win. She didn't even notice Lena standing in front of her desk. "Kara?" Lena asked. Startled, Kara looked up to find Lena looking at her happily and slightly confused. "Oh! Lena! Im so sorry, I didn't see you there." Kara laughed. Lena Smiled at her friend nicely. "Oh, you're good! You were really into your writing. What are you writing about?" Lena asked curiously. Kara immediately lit up a little bit. "Its an article about Supergirl and Rhea's battle yesterday!" Kara told her friend trying to hold back her excitement. defeating Rhea was a big accomplishment for her, and she was really proud. But she knew she couldn't talk to Lena about it.  The two friends left CatCo to go to lunch.