Chapter Six: You're WHO?!?

Clark sat down at the table in between Kara and and J'onn.  

"Lena Luthor." Clark  acknowledged her as he nodded her direction. 

"Mister Kent. What a pleasant surprise." Lena replied as she nodded back. 

Then an awkward silence fell over the table. Kara glanced around the table. She looked at Alex and Alex looked back at her intensely. Then I feel Winn looking at me, so I look over towards him, and slightly rain an eyebrow. 

"So!" Winn said breaking the silence. "We're playing settlers of catan.  We can put you in, wanna join?"

Kara sighed quietly out of relief. She knew she was either going to have to tell Lena the truth, or make something up. she didn't know which yet, but for now she was just trying to act as normal as possible. Even though it felt as if she was in a spotlight. 

"Sure, Winn!" Clark said smiling. 

Winn nodded.  "Here ya go!"  He said as he handed the kryptonian his pieces from across the table.

The group played until the game was finished.

"Ah, man. Good game." J'onn said in a defeated tone as he finished.  

"What are you talking about? You won!" Mon-el said laughing at J'onn. 

J'onn looked confused. He clearly didn't understand how, but hey! he won! They all laughed at his silliness. 

James stood up and stretched his arms above his head. "Ah... I better get going. But this was fun! Thanks for having me over Kara." He finished.

J'onn nodded, and added "Yeah. Got to go too. Thanks Kara."

After they said their goodbyes. Slowly, everyone started to leave. Now it was just Kara, Mon-el, Alex, Clark and Lena. 

Lena was acting funny. She has been since Clark arrived. "I think she knows somethings up" Kara thought. She was awfully quite and kept looking back and forth between Clark and Kara. 

"Well, its getting late. I probably should go. I have to get to work early tomorrow." Alex said as she rose from her comfortable position on Kara's couch. Kara got up and gave her sister a hug before Alex left. 

Before sitting back down, Kara walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a cup out of the cabinet. She began to fill it with water from her refrigerator. 

Clark got out of his chair and joined Kara in the kitchen as Lena and Mon-el continued to talk in the living room.

"Hey. Sorry about earlier. I totally didn't even think about it when I called you cuz." Clark said kind of quietly so that Lena and Mon-el couldn't hear. 

"You're good. I mean, I called you Kal. And loudly!" Kara said kind of laughing at herself as she thought about what she had done. Her cousin smiled at her. "But I do think Lena suspects something now. I think I have to tell her. Which means if I tell her, I'll have to tell her who you are. is that okay?" Kara asked still talking quietly.

Clark thought for a split second. He didn't like having a ton of people know who he was. But he trust Kara's judgment. And if she thinks Lena is trust worthy, then that was good enough for him.

"Yeah, thats good." Clark said to Kara.

Kara smiled at him, and then sighed in a bit of stress. " Ugh, now I have to figure out how to tell her." Kara thought as she and her cousin walked back into the living room.

Both Lena and Mon-el turn to face them as they walked in. 

"Nows your chance! Take it!" Kara thought. She all the sudden got super nervous. She didn't want to mess things up with Lena. But she deserved to know. 

"Hey Lena? I have to tell you something." Kara said as she sat down in her chair. Kara could feel Mon-el staring at her.  She glanced his way, and flashed him a small smile. He knew what she was going to do. Lena on the other hand, looked very confused and concerned.

Kara looked over at Clark who was sitting in the chair beside her, for reassurance. He looked at her and nodded her on. 

"So... Uh-um. Alex isn't my real sister." Kara said trying to hid her nervousness. Lena raised an eyebrow as she tried to comprehend her friends words. "I mean- I was adopted." 

Lena looked relieved. "Oh, Kara! Thats not a bad thing. I mean, Im so sorry about your parents, but-" Lena said really fast. "No. you don't get it. The Danvers took me in when I was 12. When I crashed... Here on earth." 

Lena looked bewildered. She had no idea what to think. Was her best friend telling her that she was an alien?  

"You see, Im not from here.... I'm from- krypton." Kara paused trying to let Lena take it in. Then slowly, she took off her glasses. "I, am Supergirl!" Kara shrugged. She was still very tense. She tried not to snap her glasses. Shows nervous and was clinching her fists although thinking about it.

Lena leaned back on the couch a little, still staring at Kara.  "Why didn't you tell me?" She finally asked, a bit hurt. 

"I was trying to protect you. The more people who know my true identity, the more danger they are in.  But I have wanted to for so long." Kara tried to explain. 

Lena just sat there in thought for a moment. "And you two knew I'm assuming?" She asked motion to Mon-el and Clark.

 "Yeah. Well Supergirl was the one who found me, so... And plus, I'm kinda dating Kara. So I mean..." Mon-el trailed off.

Clark just nodded.

Lena blinked in shock. She still couldn't believe it. "My best friend is Supergirl. Kara is Supergirl. WHAT??" Lena thought.  "Okay... But I still have one question." She stated. "What are you doing here? And why?" She asked Clark. Clark looked over at Kara.

"Well, Clark- Clark is my cousin. He is my only living biological family." Kara said looking at her cousin. 

Lena was back to looking very shocked. "Superman." Lena added. 

Clark smiled and nodded. 

"And so thats why when he fist came over, you called him Kal...." Lena said almost to herself. "Clark is your human name."

"You guessed it! My real name is Kal-el." Clark said.

"And mine is Kara Zor-el."  Kara added.

"And Im Mon-el. But you already knew that." Mon-el jumped in. Kara smiled at him and laughed a little. 

Lena kept her eyes on Kara and Clark. "Wow. Well, thank you. For everything. Kara, you've saved me so many times." She looked into Kara's eyes. "Thank you." She finished.

Kara smiled. "Of course." She was so relived that her friend had taken the news so well. 

"Wow." Lena said under her breath. "Wow."

Ah! the reveal!! I've know from the beginning that I wanted Lena to find out in this book. And Im so happy I wrote it! Im about to watch the season four finale! I am so excited and nervous! Anyway, Bye!