Chapter Seventeen: Every second of everyday

Kara waited in the CatCo elevator with the intention to get to James' office, where Lena would be, as soon as possible and apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for a week and a half; and leaving her to run the whole company. A company that she doesn't even work for.

A week and a half ago, James had to leave town for an important business trip, and would be gone for a little less than two weeks. Kara was supposed to take his role as CEO while he was away. During this same time, Samantha Arias, Lena's employee, was kidnapped by an alien; the same alien that Mon-el is fighting right now. And so Kara was needed to be at the D.E.O. So to help out a friend, Lena had offered to stand-in for Kara, in James' place. But then after they rescued Sam, Kara fought the alien again, and was knocked unconscious for several days. Throughout all this time, no one was keeping Lena updated, so she has no idea of all the chaos thats been going on in Kara's life.

As soon as the elevator door opened, Kara walked out. She was on a mission. She walked past her desk, smiling at all of her fellow co-workers.

She reached the open, large glass doors of James Olsen's office; currently under the power of Lena Luthor.

Kara walked in and saw her Lena sitting at the desk, talking on the phone. She was busily flipping through papers on the desk, looking rather stressed out and completely unaware of Kara. Guilt engulfed Kara as she saw Lena this stressed, and it was because of Kara.

"I should have been here. I shouldn't have ever let Lena run CatCo by herself." Kara thought to herself as her best friend behind the desk, continued to flip through papers, still on the phone.

"Well yes, but- Oh, Okay. Thank you!" Lena spoke to the phone. Then looking up, she noticed Kara. "Thank you very much." She finished, now talking really quickly. She hung up the phone.

"Kara!" Lena said with much relief in her voice. She stood up, and rushed over to her friend to give her a hug.

"Are you okay? I was so worried. You and Alex both haven't been answering my calls. You said that after you found Sam, you would be back to take my place at CatCo." She stated, pulling away from the hug.

"I know. And I am so so so sorry, Lena! I feel really bad. I- Its a long story; but I can explain." Kara replied sincerely. Lena just nods.

After being filled in on everything that has happened in the past few days and thanked for running the company for her, Lena gives Kara another hug.

"Im so glad you are okay! Thats so scary...And Im sorry I was... Distant after you told me-" She looks around to make sure nobody is in ear shot. "who you really are. I- I just..." Lena stuttered.

"No, you don't have to explain. I understand." Kara knew Lena's history of being lied to, and knew that it would be hard for her. "I really should have told you before. Long before." Kara admitted.

"No! It was your secret to tell." Lena shook her head. Kara smiled a weak smile, and nodded.

"Well now that I am back... I am here to relive you. But not to say that things didn't go well here, because it appears to be the opposite." Kara complimented, motioning around the room to help prove her point. "Everyone is bustling around, getting stuff done. You did an amazing job here, Lena. Thank you." "Of course." Lena smiled back.

"Surrender!!!" Alex yelled as she attacked a Bal-Antilite. She Tackled him to the ground, ripping the amulet out of the aliens hands.

"Mon-el!!" Alex shouted as she threw the amulet in his direction. He immediately turned at the sound of his name. Mon-el lifted his arm and caught the gem flying in the air.