Chapter Fifteen: Wake up, please

J'onn stared at the celling of the cell he found himself trapped in. It had three cement  walls, and a  clear almost glass like wall with a locked door. But it was most definitely not glass. something much stronger; strong enough to where a martian couldn't break it. Nearly two hours ha passed since he had been captured by the Bal-Antilites. And ever since that moment, only angry thoughts had passed through his brain.

Mon-el sat outside the med-bay door, with Winn in the seat next to him. Mon-el was worried. So worried he almost felt sick.

"Two hours. Its been two hours, and Alex still hasn't come out. What happened to Kara?? Is she okay?? I don't know how much more of this I can take; I need to know if she is okay!" Mon-el thought as he leaned over and stared at his shoes.

Winn saw the almost terrified look on his best friends face. He contemplated what to say to comfort him. Winn himself was nervous and worried for Kara too.

"She'll be okay. She's a fighter." Winn finally said, trying to convince himself as well as Mon-el. 

"She always has been." Mon-el muttered almost to himself, still looking at the floor. 

Winn smiled a weak smile. After learning Kara's real background, he was shocked to hear all the terrible things she had been through. And to think that after all of that, she is so strong and joyful. Truly amazing.

"I don't know how much more I can take of this, Winn. All I want to do is run in there and hold her, but I cant!! And its killing me!!" Mon-el put his thoughts into words as a tear slipped down his cheek. Winn looked at Mon-el. He didn't know what to say. 

Mon-el looked up as the med-bay door opened revealing Alex. He immediately wiped his tears on the edge of his long sleeve shirt, and stood up.

Alex looked at Winn and then to Mon-el who was staring at her, intently waiting to hear news about his girlfriend.

"She's stable, but not awake yet. I am not sure yet why she fainted, but I am working on that... She's definitely not out of the woods yet, but she is strong. She'll get through this." Alex said looking into Mon-el's tear stained eyes. She could see the pain he was going through. She was experiencing the same pain. "You can go see her if you would like." She told him. 

Mon-el smiled a very weak and worried smile, and mouthed a "thank you" to Alex. He rushed to the med-bay, but abruptly stoped in the doorway. 

He just stared at the lifeless body of the woman he loved. She looked so helpless, so weak. Mon-el hated seeing Kara this way. He so badly wanted to sit by her side and hold her hand until she woke up, but inside, he was terrified to go any closer. He didn't want to hurt her.

After about a minute or so, Mon-el felt a hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned, keeping his eyes on Kara, until he turned enough to reveal Alex standing next to him.

Alex smiled at him understandingly. "You can go in. Its okay, you won't hurt her." She told him in a comforting tone. Mon-el just nodded.

Very slowly, he walked up to Kara. He pulled up a chair next to her bed and sat down quiet and carefully.

He traced her limp figure with his eyes, hoping to see movement, but there was none. His eyes landed upon her gentle had resting at her side.

Ever so carefully, he reached out and put her hand into his own. Her hands where so small compared to his, and fit perfectly in his grasp.

Still no movement. 

Sitting up against one of the side walls of the cell, J'onn thought. He thought of everything he ever knew. From his childhood on Mars, to his wedding, when his children were born, to escaping to Earth and meeting Jeremiah Alex's father, then finally few hours back when he was abducted.

"These Bal-Antilites, they've already killed so many of my kind. What to stop them from killing one more? Theres no getting out of here for me." J'onn thought as he let out a rather large sigh. 

Then out of nowhere there was a big flash of light, a vociferous explosion sound, and the next thing J'onn knew, there was a massive fire. 

"Someone just set off some sort of bomb..." He thought to himself as he quickly rose to his feet, keeping his eyes on the explosion.

Out from the fire, the figure of a person, a human in fact, comes running toward J'onn's cell. Through all the smoke, he couldn't tell who the person was. That is until they get closer to the cell.

"Alex!?" J'onn shouted over all the commotion, as he recognized the figure. "You found me."

"Every time." She stated proudly, as she put a weird looking object on the lock of the door.  "Stand back." She warned. J'onn obeyed.

She set off some type of tiny bomb on the lock, which after, fell right to the ground, leaving the cell door swinging open. 

"Come on, lets go! Are you strong enough to fly us back?" Alex said, J'onn rushing out. 

"Wait, only you came??" He questioned quickly. Alex nodded sternly.

"I'll explain later. We need to leave." She responded. Alex didn't feel this was the correct time nor place to tell J'onn that Kara aka Supergirl, was unconscious for unknown reasons...  They didn't have much time before the Bal-Antilites noticed them.

"Okay, Hold on tight." J'onn warned, before flying away with Alex. He was free. Something he never thought he could say. Free.

Within just minutes, they were back at the D.E.O. J'onn landed and let go of Alex. She stepped back, took in what just happened, and lunged towards J'onn and engulfed him into a hug.

"Im so glad you're back. So glad." She whispered as she hugged him tightly.

After running multiple tests and things on J'onn and them all coming back clear, Alex went back to trying to discover what caused her little sister to lose consciousness all of the sudden. 

She sat at a desk in the main part of the D.E.O, looking for something that could have caused it. Anything. 

She was starting to lose hope to finding the answer to what they were all wondering. "No! No! I cant give up this easily!! This is my sister we are talking about! No!"  She thought, snapping herself out of it.

"Found anything yet?" J'onn asked, slightly startling Alex.

"Nope, nothing. Nothing at all. I'm starting to think it could have been just stress, or fear. I mean a lot was going on when she fainted. So far, it seems to be the only reasonable conclusion." Alex poured out all her thoughts.

J'onn nodded intently thinking about what he was just told. "Yeah." He looked into her eyes. "That has to be it." J'onn finished.

Mon-el hadn't left Kara's side. It had been a day and a half, and he literally would not leave. He had fallen asleep still sitting on the chair, but with his head on the edge of the bed. 

He awoke as the morning sunlight shown through the big window across from the bed that Kara lie in.  He was still so worried about her. Mon-el took her hand in his, as with his free hand, stroked a piece of her hair away from her face and lightly kissed her forehead.

"Kara, you gotta wake up. Alex, Winn, Lena, James, J'onn, we need you.. I need you." Mon-el whispered as he started to tear up once more. "Kar... Theres so much we never did together. We have to... to- to get married, start a family, grow old together. Kara, you have to wake up. I love you." He let out a deep breath that he didn't know he was holding in.

Mon-el looked up from their intertwined hands, to her face. He saw her beautiful eyes flutter open gracefully, and his heart skipped a beat.

"Kara?!" He said trying to stay calm so that he wouldn't overwhelm her.

HEYYY!!! Its been a while! sorry about that! but I am back now, and ready to write! I am thinking of ending this book soon. I do still really enjoy writing it, but I feel like it might be best if it ends soon. what do y'all think? If you think I should continue, I will! just let me know! Haha!