Chapter Four: Hard questions

At Noonan's, the local Cafe, Kara and Lena sat in a booth in the back corner. They had just gotten there, and had yet to order. Kara took her purse off her shoulder and set it down beside her. Lena looked at the menu curiously. "So, what do you like to get here?" Lena asked while glancing up at Kara and then back at the menu.

Kara looked up at her friend "I like the pizza a lot. But I mean, you know me..." Kara said with a goofy look on her face.  "I always like pizza." Kara laughed. Lena laughed with her. 

"Okay, I trust your judgement." Lena smiled at her friend. "I'll go with the pizza too." Kara smiled and nodded approvingly.  Lena set down the menu and put her hands in her lap.

"So, what have you been doing lately at L-Corp?" Kara asked trying to start a conversation.

Lena looked out the window to her right and thought for a moment, then looked back at Kara. "Well... nothing super interesting." Lena started. "Just a ton of paperwork. I am preparing to step away from L-Corp for a while, and I'm trying to get everything ready  for the lady who I just hired to run it."  Lena finished. She looked a bit overwhelmed, but Kara knew she had it all under control. 

Kara was so surprised. . "Woah! Thats... wow!" Kara said, trying to process what her friend just told her. "Thats going to be a fun journey!" Kara smiled and looked sincerely into Lena's eyes and saw the pure excitement Lena had for her future. "What are you planning on doing after you get this lady ready?" Kara asked.

Lena chuckled a little and brushed a piece of her dark hair behind her ear. "Well, I'm thinking I'll invest in some other companies, You know? Why not?" Lena shrugged a little and grinned.

Kara nodded. "Thats so cool!" She was really interested.

"Thanks! But thats enough about me. What about you? Whats going on at Catco?" Lena asked.

Kara tilted her head and thought for a moment. "Nothing huge, but I know personally Ive been super busy with the Supergirl VS Queen Rhea articles Miss Grant has me writing." Kara said somewhat honestly. Really she has been busy fighting Rhea, but of course, she cant tell that to Lena!

 "Yeah, I bet!" Lena nodded.  "That was a huge win. And not just for supergirl, but for our country, and well, whole planet!" Lena laughed. 

Kara chuckled at how oblivious her friend was. Kara didn't like lying to Lena about who she is, but she had to. It was for her own safety.  "Mhm, yeah!" Kara replied. 

"So, what do you think about all these aliens being here on earth?" Lena asked curiously.

"If only she knew she was talking to one!!" Kara thought. "Well personally, I think-" She stoped herself to think about her reply for a moment. "We don't know where these people are coming from. I mean yes, they are from different planets, but we don't know what their situations are like. And if earth gives them a second chance, then I gladly welcome it! But thats just my opinion." Kara finished. She was nervous but was trying to hid it. She never liked it when people asked her these type of questions. I mean, of course she was for aliens being welcomed on earth. She IS an alien on earth. but it was hard for to explain her side without giving her identity away.

Lena looked at Kara for a moment, thinking.  "Thats a good point." Lena paused. Kara was afraid she was going to continue with something against what Kara had just said, but to her surprise, she didn't. "I guess Ive never thought of it that way. Hmm..."  Lena continued to think as she gazed off into the distance.

As the waiter walked up to them, Lena's gaze broke and she and Kara looked up at the man. He had light brown hair, gray eyes, and was about 5'10. He stoped at their table.

"Hello, my names Steve, what can I get you to eat?" He asked. 

Kara smiled at him. "Hello Steve. Can I get the cheese pizza?" Kara asked kindly.

"Uh-yes." Steve said as he wrote it down on his little piece of paper. "And for you miss?"

"Oh, the same thing for me." Lena told him.

"Got it! It'll be out in just a minute." Steve said. Then he walked away.

Just then, Kara's phone dinged. She took it out of her purse and looked at it. It was a text from Mon-El that read "Hey! just thinking about you! Love you!" Kara smiled at the sweet message her boyfriend had just texted her. She put her phone down and still smiling, she looked up at Lena. 

"What?" Lena asked with her faint Irish accent sneaking through. 

Kara chuckled a little. "Oh, nothing. Just Mik- Mon-El." Kara shook her head slightly. She keeps forgetting that Lena now knows Mon-El is from daxam. 

Lena smiled at Kara, who was clearly in love. "You two are so cute." Lena told Kara.

Kara blushed. "Aw, well..." 

Lena leaned in a little. "No, I mean it." Lena said persisting. Kara shrugged, a bit embarrassed.

"Your pizza Miss." Steve said startling both Kara and Lena. He handed Lena a pizza then Kara.

"Thank you sir." Lena said as he walked away. 

They continued to talk and eat their lunch together. 

"This was really fun." Kara said to Lena right before she stood up from the booth. 

"Yes it was Miss Danvers." Lena giggled. "We should do this again sometime soon." Lena continued.

Kara smiled and nodded. "Definitely!" 

Kara gave Lena a hug and they walked out of the restaurant.

Hi! I know this chapter is kind of filler, but its going to get better. I did a little bit of foreshadowing in this chapter, and though I don't really know where this story is going to go, I know a few things I want to happen. And I am VERY excited to make them happen! And THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 70+ reads!! that is crazy to me!! Wow! And If you have any suggestions for where this story could go, let me know! I am totally open to ideas! Have an awesome day!