Chapter Two: And the battle began

At the D.E.O. Winn, Kara's best friend, sat at a computer scanning the city for any activity from the evil queen, Rhea. "Oh, oh, oh! I got something!!" He said jumping out of his chair. Alex Danvers, Kara's adoptive sister quickly turned to Winn in slight distress. For she knew that this meant that it was time for her little sister to go out and fight. Winn looked back at Alex in the same manner.

At Catco, Kara, Clark, Mon-el and James, Kara's co-worker and other best friend, stood in James' little office. Clark looked at Mon-el and then Kara. "Well, we better go ahead and get to the D.E.O soon. We need to be there whenever Rhea shows herself." Clark stated. Kara nodded when her phone rang. "Alex? Whats up?" She answered abruptly. They all looked at her intently as they waited to hear what Alex had to say. "Okay. yep. I'm on my way." Kara hung up the phone and stood up. She looked at their concerned faces, and said "Its Rhea. She's ready to fight." And then before anyone knew it, Kara had flown out of Catco and was on her way to the D.E.O.

Kara walked with purpose into the D.E.O main cortex. Kara glanced around the room before asking "Where? Where is she?" Winn turned to see Kara now dressed as Supergirl. "Fourth and Main. But Kara- " He hesitated. "Please be careful." Kara gave her good friend a little smile and let out a sigh "You I cant promise anything, Winn." She paused and saw the look of pure worry on his face. "But I will try." She said to try to maybe confront him a little. And not two seconds later she was gone.

"Supergirl. We met at last." Rhea said as Kara landed on the rooftop where Rhea was. "I wish I could say its nice to see you again. But Im afraid thats not the case." Supergirl told the queen of Daxam. "Well after this we wont met again. I can assure you of that. In fact, you wont see anyone ever again." Rhea told Supergirl as they circled each other. "I wouldn't be so sure of that." Replied Kara. Then Rhea plunged at her with all her strength. Kara just barely dodged and sent Rhea flying off the edge of the building. But to Kara's disappointment, she flew right back up to the roof and continued to fight. Kara knew that playing defense was not going to work forever, but if she could keep dodging her, then eventually Rhea would get tired and Kara could win. Kara's plan after all was not to kill her, but to take her to the D.E.O and put her in containment. Rhea threw another punch, and Supergirl wasn't able to get out of the way, and it hit her hard. But that wasn't going to stop Kara from her plan. Just don't let her hit you again. Just don't let her hit you. Supergirl kept repeating in her head.

Clark flew into the D.E.O with Mon-el not far behind. They marched up to Alex. "Hows the fight going?" Clark asked very directly. "So far so good. Rhea's fighting hard. But Kara's defending herself well." Alex said with a hint of pride for her little sister. Mon-el looked at both Alex and Clark in disgust as he thought about his parents arrival and how much harm particularly his mother, Rhea, had been doing. "They never should have come here. They are most definitely not welcome here on earth." Mon-el said honestly and bluntly. Alex rubbed his shoulder to comfort him.

"Kara? Hows it going?" Mon-el asked through her ear piece as Kara did an arial dodging Rhea's punch. "Could be better." Kara said as she lands gracefully on her feet. 

Rhea ran at straight at her. Kara barely had time to get out of the way. She jumped of to the left, and Rhea ran straight into her cape, still billowing in the wind from where she was just standing.  "Agh!" Rhea grunted as she fell flat on her face onto the pavement. Kara quickly stood near her and punched her again, knocking her out.  "Alex, get a cell ready. we're gonna be needing it." Kara said with a grin.

Hi! I know the last chapter and this one are pretty similar to what happens in the show, but now that Kara has beat Rhea, things are going to start changing! What do you think so far?