Chapter Sixteen: What did you say?

"Kara, you gotta wake up. Alex, Winn, Lena, James, J'onn, we need you.. I need you." Mon-el whispered as he started to tear up once more. "Kar... Theres so much we never did together. We have to... to- to get married, start a family, grow old together. Kara, you have to wake up. I love you." He let out a deep breath that he didn't know he was holding in.

Mon-el looked up from their intertwined hands, to her face. He saw her beautiful eyes flutter open gracefully, and his heart skipped a beat.

"Kara?!" He said trying to stay calm so that he wouldn't overwhelm her.

Her eyes closed just to open right up again. She was awake.  "Mon-el?" She said quietly and weakly. She had heard everything Mon-el had just said to her.

"Hey, hey. I'm here. Its okay." Mon-el tried to say in a soothing voice, but in all honesty, he was just way to excited and relived that she was awake. He knew that she would wake up, but he couldn't help but have doubt.

"Where- What happened?" Kara questioned slowly, as she tried to sit up. Mon-el quickly noticed, and helped her.

"Its okay... Alex ran every test possible, and the conclusion that she snd J'onn came to was that you where just really stressed out and worried, which after a while just put too much strain on your body; so you fainted and went into a coma to heal itself." Mon-el explained to the best of his abilities. He himself was still slightly confused. And now, he didn't care why, all he cared about was that she was okay.

"Wait, J'onn! He's back?? Is he okay?" Kara asked, suddenly remembering what was going on when she fainted. Mon-el looked at her slightly confused for a short moment until he realized she had been unconscious through the whole "J'onn rescue" plan. 

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, Alex rescued him three days ago. He's fine, they didn't do anything to him. But they've been silent since." Mon-el explained. "But don't worry about that right now." He finished comfortingly. 

Kara just nodded. All this information was coming at her so fast. She had so many questions; like: "Wait, how many days have I been out??" She asked now very concerned.

Mon-el gave her a small smile. "Four days..." He told the kryptonian quietly. Kara's face dropped. 

"Four days?..." She repeated. "I'm so sorry!" Kara began. Mon-el looked at her confusedly. "How could I have- You guys needed me, and I what? Just fainted?? I'm so sorry." She finished, putting all the pieces together in her head finally.

"Hey, you couldn't help it. Its not your fault." Mon-el told her, as he reached to put his hand on her arm to try to convince her. "I'm just glad you're okay!" 

Kara smiled and looked down. She had heard everything Mon-el told her while she was unconscious, and really wanted to talk to him about it. "Oh how do I bring this up?????" rang in her head.

"Mon-el? I-" She started, looking up at him, unsure of how to word her next sentence. Mon-el looked deeply into her eyes, listening intently. "I- I heard what y-" Kara started to say when the door to the med bay opened, interrupting her.

"Mon-el, I Winn figured it out! We know the-" Alex said as she rushed into the Med-bay room, where Kara still sat in the bed, with Mon-el in the chair next to her. Alex stoped at the sight of her little sister awake.

"Kara!!" Alex said, running to her sisters side and giving her a hug.

Shocked, and engulfed in a rather tight hug, Kara looks at Mon-el. He is trying to hold back a laugh, so just because she can, Kara gave him weird face, making him let out a little snort. 

"Well hello to you too!" Kara says to Alex sarcastically. Alex let go of the hug.

"You're clearly back to normal..." Alex teased. "Im so glad you're okay."

"I am too." Mon-el jumped in, smiling. Kara looked from Alex to Mon-el, giving both of them a loving smile. 

"What were you saying?" Kara laughed, turning to Alex.  Normally, Kara would have gotten sidetracked, and forgotten that Alex came into the room trying to tell Mon-el something that sounded pretty important, but right now, she was extremely eager to talk to Mon-el about what he told her while she was asleep, about their future.

"Oh, right!" Alex snapped back into reality. "Winn figured out what the Bal-antilites plan and motive, if you will, is!! We Have a way to defeat them too, but we have to go soon." Alex said now very serious.

"Really?? We have to go then!" Kara said throwing the covers off. Mon-el immediately turned to her to see what the big motion was.

"No! Kara, you just woke up. There is no way you are going out into battle basically, right now!" Mon-el said protectively. Alex nodded sternly.

"Yeah. You need to sit this one out Kara." Alex told her sister. 

"But-" Kara tried.

"Nope!" Mon-el interrupted. Kara knew that between her boyfriend, and sister, there was no way that she was going to help them in this fight, no matter how much she begged and pleaded. It just wasn't going to happen.

Kara let out a defeated sigh. "Fine." But if something happens and it doesn't go as planned, you better believe I'm there!" Kara said spunkily.  Alex let out a little chuckle at her sisters goofiness.

"Lena." Kara said out of no where, with shock written all over her face. "Lena is still acting in charge at CatCo!! I cant believe I left all of that to her! it was supposed to only be one day, let alone a whole week! And I've been unconscious, so she doesn't even know whats going on! I have to go to CatCo!" Kara stated now realizing what she had done.

Alex nodded. With all the commotion, she forgot about Lena running CatCo too. 

"Alex, will you please let me go to CatCo? Im not going to be doing anything out of the ordinary for a human. Please??" Kara tried to convince her sister.

"As long as you promise not to do anything stupid." Alex said with a little laugh. "Okay so Me, J'onn, and Mon-el will go." 

"Mon-el's going. Great. I still cant talk to him yet! ..... But people are dying, and they need a hero. Mon-el should go. He's a hero. My hero."  Kara thought. " I cant believe I left Lena doing all of that..."

"We should head out, Mon-el." Alex told him, as she stood up and began to exit the small room.

"Okay, I'm coming." He told her. At the same time, both he and Kara stood up. 

"Please be careful." She whispered to her love. Mon-el nodded and smiled back.

"I could say the same to you..." He told her, bringing her into a hug. A hug that the both of them needed so much. After what felt like a long time, Mon-el released the hug just slightly; enough to where he could, and did, kiss Kara, very passionately, and meaningfully. 

After pulling apart, Kara gave him a quick second hug, and Mon-el left to go fight the Bal-antilites, and Kara to Catco.

A/N:

WOW! this chapter is pretty long! What do you think?? I believe this book will have only two more chapters, unless y'all want me to keep writing it. If thats the case, let me know, please! Lol! I haven't written them yet, but I outlined them the other day, so its coming... XD Have a great day!!