Chapter Fourteen: Missing?!?

Alex turned around to see her sister and sisters boyfriend marching up to her. Alex noticed that Kara looked tired, but didn't really think anything of it considering it was like 5am.

"Alex. What is it? Whats wrong?" Kara asked in a confident voice. Alex gave her a solum look, which made Kara nervous to know what happened.

"J'onn.. He- Well... He was kidnapped." Alex stuttered.

Kara's face fell. She was shocked. "How can someone just 'kidnap' a martian?" She thought. "We're gonna get him back." Kara said out loud this time.

Mon-el nodded affirmatively. "Alex, how did this happen, and when?" He asked trying to make sense of the new uncomfortable situation they found themselves in.

"We don't really know. He was standing on the balcony, talking to me, and then the next thing I know theres a big 'whoosh' and he's gone!" Alex said, replaying the memory she disliked so much.

Kara thought about what her sister just said. "But-" she paused, still pondering. "It must have been the Bal-Antilite!" She continued. "If it was able to attack, and hurt martians back on mars, then that would make sense why J'onn wasn't able to save himself. Plus, we still haven't found that guy, right?" Kara said slowly, thinking about what she was saying as she said it.

"Yeah..." Mon-el said looking from Kara to Alex. Alex nodded. She agreed with Kara's hypothesis.

"All I know, is we need to get him back. And soon." Alex said bluntly. "Everyone is a little shaken up still. It all just happened so fast." She finished.

"Well I can understand why. I mean, the director, the person in charge, just got kidnapped before they own eyes!" Mon-el said a little too loudly. Then it hit him. "Wait- if J'onn's gone, who's in charge??" Mon-el asked, keeping his voice down this time. Alex got a weird nervous/ "keep calm you fool" kind of look, which made Mon-el confused.

"I just found out that in case of something bad like this happening, J'onn put me in charge." Alex said kind of awkwardly.

Mon-el's eyes got big. "Well okay, Director Danvers!" Mon-el said with a smile, more happy now.

"Well lets just hope its not for long. We have to get him back." Alex said quickly. "Kara?" She questioned, looking at her sister that now looked very ill, which was odd because one: she was fine just a minute ago, and two: Kryptonians cant get sick on earth.

Kara tried to keep her eyes open, but all she wanted to do was lay down and sleep. She felt like she was going to faint. "What is happing to me?" Kara thought. Her now very pale skin shimmered in the D.E.O industrial lights.

"Kara- Babe?" Mon-el asked now looking at his girlfriend. Something was not right with her. Just then, she fell to the floor, unconscious.

"Kar!" Mon-el shouted as he leaped to floor, picking up the love of his life. "Oh Rao, what is wrong with her?" He thought to himself. Alex rushed to her sisters side, although she was in Mon-el's arms.

"Kara!! Get her to the med bay now!" Alex shouted at Mon-el, as he rushed where Alex had directed him, trying to be carful with now very fragile Kara in his arms.

As Mon-el set her down on the medical bed, Alex was messing with a bunch of tubes. Mon-el didn't know what was going on, he just knew he needed Kara to be okay. And right now, she wasn't.

"Kara, oh Kara! please be okay. J'onn, and this?? Could the timing be any worse?" Alex thought as she hurried over to her sister laying limply on the bed. "Mon-el, you need to leave." Alex said sternly, still looking at Kara.

"Wha- No! Im not going to leave her!" Mon-el protested, still very confused on the situation at hand.

"Mon-el, please? Alex needs you to leave. You can come back when she is done doing whatever she is doing." Winn said, standing in the door way nervously. Mon-el turned his head to look at his best friend, then to his girlfriends sister who was already doing something with Kara. Mon-el had no idea what she was doing, but it looked doctor-y he thought.

Mon-el let out a big sigh, kissed Kara's hand and left the room with Winn.

As Alex checked her unconscious sisters vitals, the thought of "Where is J'onn? I need him here, I cant do this alone." Kept playing through her mind. J'onn was the closest thing to a 'father figure' that she and Kara had. He was always there to support them, and right now, Alex could use some moral support. "And what is going on with Kara??"

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a lot shorter then normal... I just thought this was a good ending for the chapter. What do you think happened to Kara, and J'onn?? Also, what are your thoughts on this book in general? Any ways I could improve? I would love to know what you all are thinking! :)