Part 19

The following day you continue gathering ideas and information to create the power that's necessary, but Johnny started and convince you to go out with him. At night under the Brooklyn bridge, Ben sits alone looking at the city lights, suddenly some headlights slash across Ben, he slowly turns blinded by the lights of a limo, "Ben! They need you back at the Baxter Building. It's Reed and Y/n something went wrong" Ben listens to Leonard say and considers and gets into the car. 

Loud music pulsating lights and a young crowd dances and grinds to the beat. Among the colorful light streaks of flames are swirling around the ceiling. On the balcony, Johnny is sitting in a cozy VIP section while he's surrounded by "groupies" that are trying to see his various parlor tricks. You hated this environment, too many people trying to get into your pants to get 5 minutes of fame, but you only did this cause Johnny asked you to and you needed to relax even when all this is causing more stress on you. You walked where Johnny was, but you went and sit on a corner far from all that attention, suddenly you felt a warm hand on your shoulder which makes you look up to see Johnny and stand up, before he could even talk you hugged him and he hugged you back but then he placed his hands on your shoulders, "not having fun beautiful?" He said and you crossed your arms, "Johnny, I don't belong here, I should be doing something like being on the field and even on the lab not this, I think we should leave and go back to the Baxter building with them" you said trying to convince him, "we belong here y/n, don't you see it and besides I'm done with this freak show. I'm moving back to the real world" he said as he grabbed your hands into his but you pulled them away, "we, is just you Johnny. Do you think this is the real world, come on you're smarter than this. Do you think those people out here care about you? You are just a trend for them... Look, Johnny, I'm telling you this cause I care about you, you don't want this, it always ends up hurting you and the people that actually cares for you" you said back, but in a harder tone.

 You started to get away from him and the people started to stare and he grabbed you by your wrist, "why are you complaining y/n, you were born with a silver spoon in your fucking mouth, your dad was the biggest playboy on New York and even the world, you are used to this so don't complain!" He said loud making you turn, "do you think I asked for all this cause I never did Johnny! Yes you're right I lived all this with my dad and I know where it leads and I don't want you or anyone else to go that way!I always wished I was no one, so at least I'll have people that actually cared about me, not my fucking last name!" You shout at him and yanked your arm to free yourself from him, " Aww Poor you the daughter of a fucking billionaire doesn't have any friends! ... You know what let's try something new, you live your life and I'll live mine and just for the record they love me!" Johnny said causing you to be angry and disappointed, when you turn to him your eyes were icy blue, "you know what Johnny, FUCK YOU! Victor was right about you at the end" you said as tears started to roll down your cheek as you walked out of there wiping them as your eyes turn back to normal, as you were walking out may people starte at you as your tears runned down your cheek. You started to walk to somewhere you knew you needed to be the Baxter Building.

Johnny looks embarrassed as you leave, he glances around and his fans look down and away, he notices how quickly they can turn, "you know if I had your power I'd be doing something with it, not wasting my time doing cheap bar tricks and being an asshole to the person that truly cares about me" a girl says before she leaves, the crowd parts slightly and Johnny looks very alone. Ben arrives and notices the chamber with its door open and Victor enters from the control station, "Ben come in" Victor says, "what is this? Where's Reed and y/n?" Ben asked concerned, "where do you think? Reed with Sue and Y/n with Johnny" Victor said and Ben looks at the flickering lights, "what do you want Vic?" Ben asks, "to help you. I've run every test known to man. And they all yield the same result, the machine is ready" Victor answer, "they said it'd be weeks till-" Ben says as he shakes his head, "Reed also said we'd avoid that storm in space. And we know how that turned out" Victor says and Ben nods, "they couldn't generate enough power for the machine to reach critical mass. Yet another mistake from "Mr. Fantastic" and Miss Stark" Victor continue, "and you can? Power it up?" Ben asked as Victor stands in the shadows, "yes. I've found a new energy source" Victor says as he keeps his arm behind his back while his fingers course with electricity, "tell me.. Do you want to be Ben Grimm again?" Victor said knowing that he hooked Ben already, "let's do it" Ben answer. The chamber doors open an the thing enters, he looks around this sterile box as Victor pushes a control and the doors of the chamber slowly close and seal. From the controls, Victor initiate the transformation sequence followed by the count down. As you walked into the elevator the light of it starts to dim and screams were heard causing you to run to the stairs to the floor where the screams were coming.