Recruits VS Ducks

Callie sat on the bench and watched scrimmage. She noticed the teams weren't fair since it was five to nine. They had five players and her team was nine. She figured the least she could do was make it fair on the ice. Getting up, she left her stick at the bench and Connie looked over, wondering where her friend was going. Callie tapped the top of the boards, wanting Bombay's attention.

"What's up, Callie?" He asked, watching Adam bring the puck up alongside the boards.

"Teams aren't fair. I'm thinking you'd let me join them since they're five people. Either way, with or without me, the five of them are still stronger on the ice." She explained. "Just an idea." She shrugged, gazing around.

He looked down, laughing quietly and shook his head. She was right and he knew it. She and Charlie had some similarities and by persuading him to do certain things, he usually always listened. "All right, go." He nodded to the other five. She smiled and thanked him, taking her stick.

Jumping the boards and skating out quickly, she tapped her stick on the ground and called Ken's name. "Ken!" She hollered, the Ducks all lifting their heads in ponder. None of them knew why she was with them, but when Ken noticed her, he passed it over after a second of hesitation. Receiving the puck, she spun around before Adam could come up and steal as she took her on. She smiled, the Ducks often liked to scrimmage because it could get competitive, but it was always smiles as all of them wanted to out play the other, but the worst two were Adam and Callie.

"Don't trip." She told him, spinning around and sent the puck off to Luis as she lowered her stick, hitting the back of his knees and he fell forward. She smirked, skating off here Dwayne called out to her. "Seventy-eight!" He hollered, not knowing her name.

Taking the puck back, she skated off, dodging Fulton and made her way around him. She sped up to the net, eyeing Goldberg as they stared at each other. She brought the puck to the right, left, then back to the right and lifted her stick, taking her shot.

Scoring, she shouted and her new teammates shouted and jumped at her. She fell into the boards with a smile, bringing her arms around their shoulders as they chanted some more. Goldberg got back on his feet, shaking his head. He hated when she and Charlie did that, it was hard to get their shots, even Adam's.

"Gee, way to be nice, Callie!" Goldberg said sarcastically as she pushed off with her right skate, joining her teammates to their side of the rink for a face off, again. This time, Dwayne gave her face off and took defense with Portman, while Luis and Ken stood on either side of her. Taking in a breath, she waited as the Ducks switched their players out, bringing Connie and Jesse in. Jesse smirked, approaching center ice.

"Ooh, Princess is back for more." He said.

"Glad you're hyping yourself up." She lowered, bringing her stick to meet his. Jesse rolled his eyes playfully at her comeback. With the puck between them, they hit sticks three times and the fasted one to the puck won face off. She sent the puck gliding back to her teammates. 

Portman grabbed it with his stick and brought it up, when he saw an open playr, he sent it over to Luis. With speed, he made his way to the Ducks' net, but with a hit to the boards from Fulton, he lost the puck and Connie sped over, taking it. She glided away and ducked before Portman could slam her into the boards as well. Callie got on her fast feet, rushing over. She came head to head with Connie, but Portman beat her and stood in front of Connie, allowing her to fall into him. He laughed.

"I had her." Callie spoke, shaking her head and turning, taking the puck.

"Your welcome, Babe!" He called, smirking.

Gordon shook his head at their exchange. Portman skated away, leaving Connie to get up herself. A little upset about what had happened, Callie was off her game, but she was playing harder. Charlie knew that when she was upset or frustrated, she played harder and rougher, often landing herself many warnings and very few penalties.

After the scrimmage, all of his players got a few minutes of rest and some water. While they did that, he got out their practice jerseys and uniforms, handing it to them for further practices and their jerseys for further games. Now, they stood in a large circle together, tied in one large group and already, Callie squirmed around, wanting to be free. She was already done with certain people and now that they were all older, things got more annoying and some people got on her nerves faster.

Ignoring the directions given to her and her teammates by her coach, she was a little late when told to skate as a group. Instead, she had been toppled over by her teammates and fell to the ice. With someone below and on top of her, she coughed and cleared her throat, losing her breath from the wind being knocked out of her. She looked around to see what was going on and Bombay laughed with a head shake. "All right, get up and try it again."

She didn't know how much longer she could go in that big group. Like Dwayne said, it was more crowded than a truckload of goats. With a sigh, she held on to someone as she helped pull someone else up and got up herself as well.