Treadmills

While some worked out, Jan sat with a few players in the locker room as they paused and played the tape on the TV. Julie, Charlie, Connie, and Dwayne sat together to watch their tapes of their old games to see what their mistakes were. They watched their opponents as well so they could become familiar with them. By finding mistakes by both teams, they could not only improve themselves, but work harder in order to come out stronger and out beat the mistakes of the other team as well.

Treadmills were lined up in the gym and Team USA had over taken the gym in order to work out and burn some calories. Callie ran on the treadmill and flipped the page of her book as she ran at a good pace. She didn't run too fast nor was she jogging. She was conserving her energy and others were trying to be speedy and get the thing done and over with, but Bombay had booked the gym for two hours, which meant those who were there were staying for two hours, not ten minutes until they got tired.

Being the chirpy guy he was, Dean walked over to Callie with a weight in his right hand, lifting his arm up and down as he worked the muscles in that arm. She didn't see him come up next to her as book was more important. He furrowed his brows, finding her utterly boring since she was taking the time to read and workout at the same time. He did not like that, he found that stupid. 

He brought his free hand over, snatching the book from her hands and she gasped, looking over to see who had disturbed you. "Ya know, if you concentrate on working out, it'll help a lot more than spelling." He said, tossing the book across the room. She watched it fly across the room and the book had hit Guy in the back of the head.

Portman did not apologize, but Callie did and Guy simply nodded, setting the book on the bench press that no one used. "What do you want, Dean?" She asked, running still and looked over at him. Her hair in her ponytail whipped side to side and loose pieces of hair that had fallen from the ponytail framed her sweaty face.

"Hey, is it so bad that I want to check up on my favorite hotshot?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yes." She nodded. "Yes, it is." She repeated and he furrowed a brow, wondering why she had to be so serious all the time. "We aren't here for fun and games, we're here to win. And when you get that through that micro brain of yours, then maybe we can be friends. Until then, you're my annoying teammate."

"Well, good luck staying safe on the ice if I don't save your butt." He laughed and whipped around, walking away as he continued lifting his weights. She bit the inside of her cheek out of stress, but continued running anyhow and now stared ahead of her since she didn't have anything to do since he tossed her book across the room.

Goldberg, who was next to her, laughed hysterically at her. He found it funny how Callie and Dean's relationship was a hit and miss. They seemed fine on the ice, but off they were enemies and he only tried being her friend, but came off annoying most of the time. She wasn't too good herself as she didn't put the effort in that he was sorta trying to put in.

"What?" She looked at Goldberg. 

"Oh, nothing." He mumbled, looking away and laughed. She stepped on either side of the treadmill, the mat still rolling beneath her quickly. She leaned over and slapped him. 

"What're you two talking about?"

Averman leaned forward with a chuckle. "I always imagined you with a big guy like him."

Her jaw dropped. "And to think you're my friends." She stopped the treadmill, going to work on something else instead. "I need new friends, badly." She mumbled the last part, hopping off the treadmill. She found her book and set it by her bag and USA jacket, then got a mat and started on push ups, sit ups and burpees.