Nasty Smoothie

Sitting in the lobby with her book, Callie was quiet as few teams walked in and out of the place. Finals were starting in all categories and USA was in hockey for sure, and against Iceland. As tough as that team was, USA was not going to give up and they were going to go all the way. It did frighten Callie, she always was afraid of losing, even if it wasn't huge deal, but she still got nervous. She wanted to show the world who she was, who her team, who her country was and so far, she had been. Many people knew her entire team, but only few players stood out from the pack. She and her brother were one of the few, so was Adam and the Bash Brothers.

Next to her on the table sat a tall milkshake she had ordered five minutes prior at the small concession stand within the building. She made a special order and paid a little more for it, but it was what she needed. When she were to finish the drink, she would not feel good at all, but it would definitely benefit her for the game in a little while.

Coming from upstairs, one of the boys rounded the corner and was going to go outside to get some air and walk around, but he noticed his fellow teammate sitting on the couch on their own. He decided to get check it out and see how she was, even if he wasn't exactly the first person she would want to see or speak to.

"Hey," He said, kicking her feet with his foot. She looked up for a second, but when she noticed it was her teammate, she set her book down on her lap. Reaching over, she grabbed her shake while she was at it. "Ew, what's that? It looks so gross." He said, taking the cup from her as she was going to take a sip.

She sighed deeply. "Give it back." She spoke, reaching for it and he lied back at the other end of the couch, watching the stuff move around her drink. 

"Why's it green? What's this white thing?"

She snatched it back gently, not wanting it to spill and took a sip. He sat and watched her drink it. He found the drink to be godly and disgusting. "It's a milkshake and you'd know that if you tried it. It's not bad." She said. "Try it." She shoved it into his hand.

"First you don't want me to have it and now ya do? Make up your mind." He said exasperated. "And no." He shook his head. "I am not drinking a drop of this crap."

"It's good for you."

"Not if I can see stuff floatin' around it." He said, bringing the cup below him and closed an eye, looking into it. She laughed at him and how he thought it was gross. For once, she didn't really hold anything against him. 

"It's to make me less nervous. I'll drink it all and then throw up."

He turned and looked at her. "What? That's even worst."

"No." She stood up and took the drink. "It's not, because everyone does it. It helps relax the body. I do it all the time, trust me." She said. "Anyway, what're you doing here?" She grabbed her book.

He shrugged. "I was gonna head out and roam around, but seeing that drink, I definitely am leaving."

"Want company?" She asked. She figured she might as well be friends with him because after the Games, she won't see him, or anyone, but the Ducks. After what he did yesterday night, she figured he wasn't bad after all and she needed to give him a break. If he was nice to her, she might as well be too because it would not be nice nor fair.

"You?" He pointed to her and laughed, passing the drink back to her. When she was serious, he quieted down and stared at her. "Oh, you're not kidding." She shook her head. "Well, sure, if you want. But chug that thing, will ya?"

"I can't, but I'll try." She brought the cup to her lips and drank as much of it as she could. No matter how awful it tasted, she slurped it down anyhow and continued. When she had a quarter left, she said she couldn't do it and threw out her milkshake cup, follow Dean outside as she coughed into her arm from the nasty drink.

Outside on the nice cool day, they walked side by side down the streets. They had a strict time schedule and knew when they needed to be back and where. Many people looked at them, not in a bad way, but those two perceived it as a bad look. They looked at the two as if they were a happy couple, but neither of them were slightly close to that. "Why do they keep looking at us?" She asked.

He shrugged. "Maybe because we're walking together."

"So? That doesn't mean anything."

"Maybe it does here, Babe."

"Well, stop. That makes it all the more worst."

He turned and looked down at her, raising a brow. "I've always called you names, I ain't stopping now, Sweets."

"I might as well call you something awful."

He laughed. "Like what?"

"I don't know." She shrugged with a sigh, he continued laughing. Down the street they went and turned, not too sure what they were going to do. Neither of them had an idea, but she still hated the fact that people stared and she started getting a clue as to why they stared: they looked an adorable couple. Especially for two people who never get along. "Dean?"

"What?" He asked, checking out a woman's ass and spun around, keeping his eyes on it until the ass left.

"Why'd you do what you did yesterday? At practice? When Iceland was there?"

He was lost for words as he was in his own world. Not lost at her words, but drooling over that woman's fine booty. He hadn't seen anything like it and he's seen many butts. It was LA, why wouldn't there be any. Why couldn't he stare at them? She tapped his arm and looked to see what he was looking at and then sighed. "Huh?W-what?"

"That's gross." She told him. "Anyway," She started and brought a piece of her hair behind her ear. "What'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Help me yesterday?"

He shrugged. "It's Iceland. They're nasty and I want sweet revenge at today's game. Besides, we're teammates, we have to stick up for each other and look out for the other as well." He said blankly, continuing down the street. 

"Not because of other reasons, right?"

"Nope." He popped the 'p'.

She felt her stomach turned and brought her hands to her belly. She looked around and knew what was happening. Seeing a garbage can, she ran over in a hurry and he watched her from the short distance away he was. She leaned over, a hand on her stomach and the other held the bucket. She let it all out and threw up. People have her disgusted looks and some were worried, but figured since Dean stood next to her that she would be just fine.

"Maybe we should go back now." He said, patting her shoulder weakly, not wanting to be infected by her vomiting state. She was not contagious because it wasn't a sickness, but her decision to drink a mix of bad things in a smoothie.

When she finished, he helped her and they walked back to the dorm building. Stopping twice so she could continue throwing up and he had bought her a bottle of water while they were at it.