Pain Is Gone

Team USA was gathered in their locker room as they were getting ready for their final game of the Games. It had been a rough road for all of them. With a major winning streak in the beginning to losing, and then failing without a coach and arguing as a team, Team USA came a long way since then.

Adam was devastated that he couldn't play, but waking up that morning without any pain in his wrist, he was ecstatic to reveal the good news. He could rotate his wrist perfectly fine in any direction. It surprised him how it just magically became better, unless he wasn't completely healed. 

He walked into the locker room as everyone was half dressed or hadn't started yet. Callie smiled to herself and looked at her best friend who approached Bombay, holding his bag with some gear. "I woke up and the pain was gone." He said with a proud smile, rotating his hand that held the stick.

Bombay was deeply impressed and nodded, taking Adam's wrist and looking at it. "Adam,I'm sorry. We already have a full roster."

Russ started pulling his jersey off and everyone looked over with blank expression, not many knew what to so or how to say it. Charlie raised his hand, stopping Russ and grabbed his jersey. Charlie shook his head and he stepped away from his spot. Callie looked over, standing between Goldberg and Averman.

Charlie walked over to Bombay and Adam wearing all of his lower gear with his black ITECH long sleeve underneath and the straps on his shoulders. Callie crossed her arms lightly, not upset, but curious as to what her brother was doing. "He can have my spot." Both Adam and Gordon looked at Charlie, not sure what he was doing, but Charlie was sure of himself. "It's what I can do for the team." He nods with reassurance. "Let me do it." He looked from Bombay to Adam.

Bombay nods. "Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." He said, placing the clipboard to Charlie's chest, who smiled with a nod and took it.

Callie smiled to her brother, who shrugged kindly with a smile, going to take his gear off.

She had glanced around the room at all the faces and smiles. She was glad Adam was back, but she wished she and Dean wouldn't have had grudges toward the other for as long as they did. As little time as Dean and Callie had spent together looking like actual friends, she kinda wished she would of gotten to know him a little more. After his rough exterior and how he could be slightly annoying, she did not mind him. He often called her Babe or Sweets, but it was something he always said. 

It was a rookie move he made by knocking Charlie and Adam to the ice during their first practice and she couldn't hold it now, it was not fair. They were all getting to know each other and Dean is a defender, he is supposed to knock people and players off their feet. It was his role. She wasn't the best either, she was one of thee players who were supposed to welcome him into their team, but she didn't even do that.

On the ice, Gordon was going to play Callie at center. He knew her strengths and weaknesses. He didn't want Adam to start out first and get a feel of the ice and game before taking on such a role. With his bigger players out on the ice defending, Bombay was confident. Charlie tapped his shoulder before he called lines. "I don't know about Cal doing the face off, Coach."

"Why not, Charlie?" Gordon asked curiously, looking at his mini coach.

He shrugged. "I know what she can and can't do. I just think maybe not the first face off."

"It'll be fine. I know what she's able to do too."

"All right."

"Let's go. Team USA on three...One, two, three."

"Team USA!" His team cheered. The few players he had went on the ice. Callie fist pumped Adam's and gave him a smile, he sent her one as well. Together, they got to their positions and Adam warned her about the face offs, especially with Iceland. She pushed the fear to the back of her mind and remembered how she was relaxed and ready. The terrible smoothie had held her out. She was ready.

When the puck dropped, Callie didn't even get a chance to touch the puck or look at it when Gunnar bull dozed her to the ice. She groaned and pressed her eyes shut from having the wind get knocked out of her. They were all fresh players who had all the strength they could as no one had played yet and no one had grown a sweat.

Behind, Dean Portman noticed and skated over in a hurry. He came up roughly and chest hit Gunnar, where Gunnar fell back.Fulton cheered loudly and then Dean did as well. Guy and Adam took care of the puck, that was in Iceland's possession. Dean skated along and lowered his arm. Grasping Callie's, she didn't get a warning when he pulled her up with ease and she slipped with her skates, but regained her balance and he skated off in a hurry to help Adam.

She smiled to herself. "He is a nice guy." She told herself. 

With her head back in the game, she chased the puck around. No matter how many times she, Adam or Guy were thrown to the ice or into the boards, she continued anyhow and did what she could. She was fearless with the mates she had on the ice. She had their back and they had hers, especially Dean and Fulton. She relied on them the most and seeing Dean's act, she could count on him a lot more than she thought.

She intercepted a pass and ran into a player. They both hit the boards, but she kicked the puck behind the net and Goldberg kept an eye on it. Adam came around swooped in, taking possession of the black puck. He looked for aid and tossed it over to Guy, who went as far as he could, then back to Adam. Adam looked for Callie and waited, when she was in sight, he passed it to her.

Going to the net, she took a shot and the puck rebounded off the post. Adam going for it, but he flipped over when his feet came out from beneath him and Iceland's player laughed, stealing the puck. Callie sighed, she didn't know what had happened and nor did Adam. Now Bombay questioned it too. Iceland didn't play fair, when they did, but USA wasn't big enough to beat them physically, but strategically they could.