Russia VS USA

"What do you mean he's out?" Callie asked her brother.

"I mean he's out. He can't play. Coach is benching him." Charlie replied.

"What? He can't do that." She shook her head.  "We need Adam. I need Adam." 

"Look, with Adam out, we have a spot to fill-"

"So, we just pick someone off the street or what? We don't know anyone else around here." She told her brother, unsure of what his plan was. He had a plan and it would definitely show Gordon how good he could be at leading his team and possibly becoming captain, or coach, in the future. He followed Bombay's lead all the time and watched what he did, now he was following the tracks slowly that were set for him.

"No. I've got an idea and he won't be a forward, but defenseman." 

"He who?"

"Remember Russ Tyler?" She nodded. "Well, I'm going get him and bring it up to Coach that he can replace Adam. We'll have a full roster then and we can still be strong during games. Besides, Russ has been to every one of our games and he knows how we play and how the other teams play as well. He's the right fit."

"You're the leader, Charlie. I only follow. So, I'll follow you on this one."

He nodded, side hugging her and she brought her arm around him as well. "Thanks." He smiled.

"No problem." She smiled back.

"USA leading Russia two to one here in the third period." The announcer spoke.

In the stands, Russ' brother and friends sat there, being his biggest and loudest supports, as well for team USA as well. Callie skated around, not trying to waste time, as she tried finding someone open to help her out. Portman and Fulton were busy, putting their strength to good use. Once second Connie was up and the next she wasn't. One second Ken was open, then he wasn't and she didn't know where to send the puck.

"Shoot it, Cal!" Bombay hollered from the bench, then turned and looked at the clock. He needed some new power on the ice and quickly too. Callie looked back and without hesitating, she spun around and headed for the net. With one player after her, she pushed herself to skate faster and go harder than before. Portman noticed and decided to help her out, only kidding abut leaving her alone to fend for herself on the ice. She even notified him that he was the reason she hadn't been injured yet or hadn't missed many shots.

Approaching the net, the player behind her was tossed to the ground when Dean came and hip checked him away. She swiftly turned on her skates and stopped abruptly, shooting. Scoring, everyone joined together and cheered. Dean smacked the top of her helmet a few times and she winced with how hard he'd hit her. "All right, Runt!" He called. 

"Good job." Connie cheered.

"Way to go, Callie." Fulton smiled.

"Portman!" Bombay flagged. The boy turned as everyone made their way back to center ice for the face off. Russ Tyler was brought on to the ice and Callie looked back, giving him a nod of approval and reassurance.

"Does he remember the plan?" Luis asked.

"He does." Bombay said. "Callie will help him out, trust me."

Adam sighed, wanting to play badly and to know he'd been replaced had pained him. Hockey was his life, but he knew without taking time off to heal, he could potentially jeopardize his entire hockey career and future. As much as he wanted to play, he knew what he was doing now was the right choice. He found it so much different on the bench than playing. Sitting, he could observe all the mistakes and strengths from not only his teammates, but the kids on Russia's team as well.

Callie leaned forward, eyeing the large dot on the ice where the puck would soon be. With her hands low on the stick and mouth guard in, she took a deep breath to recompose herself better. When it did drop, she fought for it roughly, but was pushed back after Connie swooped in and took the puck. The Russian player fell on top of her and already she ruined the beginning of the play by being flat out on the ice.

Getting the player off her, she scrambled to her feet and grabbed her stick. Skating off, she got herself open and tapped her stick against the ice. When she received the puck, she awaited for Russ to get into his open position at the blue line. With a special stick tap, she sailed the puck back and then remained near the boards, not wanting to get hit. It was the same with Fulton's shot, no one wanted to stand in his way.

Russ flipped the puck and smartly took his shot, aiming precisely. She watched in awe how one could do something so amazing with the puck. It soared across the ice, making one's eyes go crazy and the goaltender was unable to keep track of it.

"Russ Tyler, Team USA's newest member from Los Angeles shoots... He scores!" The puck entered and the goalie looked around to find where it had went and sadly for them, it had entered.

All together, they cheered and joined one another. Callie smiled over to her brother, believing his idea was marvelous and his cheeks grew red.

"All right!" Callie and her teammates hollered.