USA Interview

After washing up and putting their fresh clothes on, the kids from Team USA walked down the aisle following their coach to the podium as they went up for an interview. With their first game of the Games, they were already in a top slot with Iceland and Canada, but there could only be one winner in the end. Wearing matching track suits again, team USA stepped up on the podium together. The girls stood at the front of the group with boys behind and next to the them. Gordon took his stance at the taller piece of the podium and adjusted the microphone.

Callie stood nervously as they stood together in front of a very large crowd. Reporters shot question after question, it started to confuse the poor girl a little bit. She wasn't one to do anything like this. She is very outspoken with her teammates because she's known them for so long, except for her new teammates, that they were used to one another. She adored all of her new teammates, except Dean Portman. He got on her nerves and he found it funny and fun to tease and annoy her.

Bombay started answering the first few questions since they were directed to him, whereas the later ones were for them. Callie often glanced away and thought in her own world. She imagined what it would be like if they won the Games and what would come next. She really didn't want to see Bombay leave after the Games because she and her brother were too attached to him. She became close to her mother since coming back with her and her father left. She used to be close and attached to him. She had promised herself that she wouldn't ever become attached to anyone ever again, but then Bombay showed up and with time, she saw him as a father figure.

"Coach Bombay, the Vikings from Iceland is the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed them victory. How are you gonna handle them?" A reporter asked.

Callie glanced up when she felt something touch her heel. She looked down to see what it was, but nothing was there, other than feet that belonged to her teammates. "Umm...Hard work." Gordon answered truthfully with confidence and his players nodded as well, in agreement with him and some already disliked Iceland. "I think our team is ready to go up against the best of the best in the world. We're not worried about 'em. Iceland may be tough, but we're Team USA and we're going all the way."

They all cheered. Callie smiled and clapped her hands together, exchanging looks with her brother.

Again, something touched Callie's foot, but this time it was the back of her knee and she about fell, but Dwayne managed to keep an arm out and help her. She thanked him and looked behind her to see Dean speaking with Fulton. At first she didn't think anything of it, but when it about happened a third time, she acted first and turned pinching the back of Dean's bicep, where he turned with furrowed brows, feeling some pain, but didn't show anything. She raised a brow, wanting him to know who was boss and she turned back around. 

As shy as she could be, she was not shy with this douche bag because they both had set their territories and capabilities straight. Besides, she had Charlie and the rest of the Ducks on her side, and Bombay and Miss MacKay, who currently stood among the people in the seating area as she watched the interview.

 "Thank you very much, everybody!" Bombay smiled with a wave, his players waving as well as they turned. Callie flipped her hair behind her, making sure she smacked Dean and he shook his head, annoyed with her reactions. 

"Team USA's going down." Someone spoke sternly. Halfway down the steps, she stopped. The entire team looked over, some stared with fright in their eyes and other tried portraying a strong look.  "That's where you're going." Stansson spoke.

He scared a lot of kids and players because there were many rumors about him. He was tough, strict, and mean, but he meant well most of the time. He and his team were tall lean men with great strength and communication. With looks, they scared and terrorized people. Adam Banks saw him as his old coach, Coach Reilly, who worked his team hard but they always won. Adam shook off the feeling, shivering at the thought and followed his friends off the podium.

"What happened to freedom of speech?" Stansson asked after many spoke about his and USA was about to leave.

"That's his team? Those guys are huge!" Ken blurted, frightened by them and he was the smallest on the team and lacked the strength that Fulton and Dean had.

Callie joined Connie and Julie once they got into the hallway. Gordon was pulled away from Tibbles to have a conversation and the players were left to do their own things for the rest of the afternoon since their game finished and they had practice tomorrow. "They're really big, do you think we could take them on?" Callie asked, not daring to look back at them.

"They are big, but we're small and fast." Julie said.

"We're Ducks, we're goin' all the way!" Connie cheered, grabbing a hold of the railing as they headed upstairs.

Dean and a few of the boys followed behind. Portman smirked, tearing apart a pan-flip he'd been given, as well as the team, for the interview. He crumbled the small pieces and started throwing them at the girls. Adam looked up as he saw small pieces of paper on the steps and then glanced over to Charlie, who shrugged.

"I can't wait to hit the sac. Gosh, I'm tired." Callie yawned.

Julie looked back after feeling something hit her. Dean hid the paper out of sight and she looked back, making Connie and Callie a little confused. But they continued walking upstairs. Grabbing his paper again, he tore more pieces and aimed them at the girls, more specifically Callie since she annoyed him the most. She was small, she was 5'5 and skinny, with an attitude problem who stole the show and seemed to have everything go her way. That was his opinion about her.

She whipped around so quickly that she surprised herself when she didn't fall down the stairs. With raging eyes and an annoyed mind, she stared around the stairs at the boys. She had a hunch, but when her eyes scanned Charlie's, who told her who it was by eyeing them, she glanced over and crossed her arms.

"What is your problem?" She asked Portman.

"You." He told her. Averman choked on his laugh. "You're my problem, Sweets."

"Don't call me that ever again."

"Or what?" He shrugged.

Fulton brought a hand to Dean's shoulder, wanting him to stop and leave her alone before things escalated too quickly. "Just stop, Man."

"No, go on. Keep going, there isn't much for him to argue about because he can't think that far."

He scoffed. "Yeah, right. You're just a follower, like the rest of us. So, mind keeping your mouth shut, Sweets. Your voice annoys me half to death." He waved her off, pushing by her as he walked up the steps. 

She lowered and grabbed the pan-flip he left behind. Crumbling it up, she threw it at him with a good aim and he stopped, feeling it. "Don't underestimate me, Portman. You're just a player." 

She shook her head, walking by him with Connie and Julie, who remained quiet. A few boys were laughing and some were serious. Charlie worried for his sister, but he knew what she was able to handle and she clearly showed all f them who was boss there. Definitely not Dean Portman. 

She made that clear.