Work Out Argument

It was hot outside on the warm day. After a day's rest the day before, most of the players from Team USA seemed to be better and awake. They weren't in pain from their Iceland game, but they were still upset with the lost and only one shot left to make it to finals. Callie on the other hand didn't get as much asleep because she had too much on her mind. She wished she hadn't been there when Jesse and Averman were speaking about Dean because slowly she was putting pieces together and believing them.

Her side was a little sore and her slight limp had disappeared. Not many had noticed, but those who knew her real well had noticed. She never liked complaining unless it was necessary and if she was injured, they knew she would play until she was unable to. She was the female version of Adam Banks. They always competed for first place and as close of friends as they were, they always were nice to the other no matter who won what competition.

In the outdoor field, the hockey team was together getting some exercises since they had a game later that day. They figured they could at least do something to better themselves and get in shape without help from their coach or Miss MacKay.

Hunched forward as they brought their hands to their foot and stretched their arms, legs and core muscles, Dean Portman was controlling the exercises and leading everyone through them. Callie remained by her brother as they were quiet and followed the leader's lead. "And hold, two, three-"

"Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" Connie asked, letting go of her position as she stood up straight, bringing her hands to her hips and winced her eyes from the sun blinding her slightly.

"We have to workout."

"I say mutiny. Who's with me?" Greg asked, glancing around at all the familiar faces.

Dwayne raised his hand, not because he agreed with Goldberg, but to signal that he was going to speak. "Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny."

"Come on, Guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning." Julie rolled her eyes, not understanding why they simply couldn't do a stretch or two without complaining.

"Speak for yourself, Babe." Dean said, looking her up and down.

Adam got up. "Her name's Julie, not babe." He stood up for her. Callie smiled. That was something she liked seeing in a guy. It didn't surprise her that Adam had spoken up, he was kind to everyone ever since he joined the Ducks and they accepted him for being a Cake-Eater.

Now, everyone was standing on their feet and gathered around, waiting to see what they were doing next. "Don't tell me how to talk, Rich Boy!" Dean shouted back, pushing Adam back with two hands placed on Adam's chest. Callie gasped, it was happening again.

"Hey, Portman, chill!" Fulton called, cutting in before Adam could take a push at Portman.

"Hey, you want a piece of me?!" 

They were all arguing. Charlie came in with Fulton, Adam, and Guy to prevent the chaotic argument. Everyone else gathered around, separating all of them from one another. Julie shook her head at the mess if was causing. Connie and Callie on either side of her, wondering how they couldn't go a day without fighting now. It was pathetic since they were a team. With all the shoving, someone interrupted them.

"Yo, Team USA, what're you gonna do today? A million jumping jacks?" The boy on roller skates by the entry laughed, making fun of the entire team he'd been watching since day one of the Games. They all stopped for a brief moment to listen to the kid, but Dean had to speak first.

"This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him." He turned back around. "Look, Fulton!"

"I gotta do something." Callie shook her head.

"A girl in a fight with boys? I don't think so, Cal." Connie nodded her head side to side, weighing the pros and cons about Callie's idea.

"Me neither." Julie agreed.

"It's just going to get worst from here, trust me." She walked off, pushing herself into the group and headed for the middle. She tugged Luis away and he stumbled back into Ken. She got to the middle and stood between Fulton and Portman. She faced Fulton and looked up at him. "Come on, drop it." She told him. 

"Oh, great." Portman said.

"What?" Callie turned, crossing her arms. "Go on, tell me why you're so unpleased to see me."

"There's nothing to say, Sweets." She bit the inside of her lip. Charlie kept a watch on her in case he needed to stop the argument. "Don't be surprised. I'm sure someone else could tell you how awesome you are, but sadly, it won't be me." He smirked.

"I still think you're very selfish...Now break it up. We're all making Team USA look like a bunch of fools."

"Hey, Man, I'm getting sick of you." Jesse said as everyone continued talking.

"I'm gettin' sick of the USA represented by a bunch of whining babies." The boy answered, shouting over to them. Everyone stopped arguing and started listening in on the conversation.

"Too bad you can't back up that mouth." Jesse spat, the rest of the team standing behind him without a word.

"Me and my boys can take you anywhere anytime."

"I don't see no boys."

"I got 'em waiting."

Callie scoffed. "Like he's got any." She whispered to Connie and Julie, who smirked and giggled quietly, earning some faces from the rest of the boys.

"Gab your gear and let's play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride."

He was cut off when a security guard questioned him. "You got a pass?"

"Come on, it's not too far, you little wimps. Come on. Hey, get off me. You comin' or not?" He hollered, being escorted off the field. Team USA looked at one another and Jesse was first to lead the way and grab his bag, so the others followed in two.