Chapter Four

~Monday 25th June 2018~

Dove had been branded a lot of things, but not a clutz. Usually, he paid very close attention to his surroundings, not wanting to get in other people's way. However, that day, at that particular moment, he was trying desperately to follow the google maps instructions to get to the stupid interview that he was already late for. He had taken three wrong turns previously and was on the verge of simply giving up. Actually, that was what he should have done, then he wouldn't have walked straight into some angry-looking businessman and spilt his entire latte down the poor guy suit.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry," Dove gasped, trying his best to dab at the deep-set stain that covered the man's charcoal suit jacket, "shit, I-I'll pay for dry cleaning, I'm so sorry," Dove's voice cracked as the frustrations and the guilt built up too high, the foundations crumbling and causing a tear to slip out over his cheek. The man didn't speak as Dove tried desperately to remove some of the stain, although he was probably only making it ten times worse. He simply couldn't think of anything else to do.

"Ollie?" Dove's hand stilled, his eyes rising to meet the man's for the first time, somewhat shocked at what he witnessed. The man had heterochromia, with his right eye a vibrant amber and his left a dull steel grey. It was pretty breathtaking, in fact, the man in his entirety was. With long hair that fell in gentle waves over his shoulders, a short beard that lined his lips and a very muscular physique that could be seen even through the suit he was wearing.

"N-No, sorry," Dove stammered, dropping his hand when he realised how long it had been resting on the man's chest, "I think you have the wrong person," Dove felt a little perturbed as the man continued to stare for a moment, a bemused frown contorting his face. Abruptly, he blinked rapidly a few times and a warm smile spread over his face.

"Of course, sorry, don't worry about the coffee, it was my fault. I should have been looking where I was going," Dove tried to interrupt, to assure the man that he was, in fact, at fault, but there wasn't even chance for him to, "look, how about I buy you another and we'll call it even?" Dove was a little taken aback, having not expected the man to ask him out so suddenly.

"Um, I would love to," Dove lied, his voice a little stiff, "but I can't. I'm running late for an interview and I'm totally lost," the man's flawless smile didn't falter for even a second, a little unnerving.

"Well, at least let me give you a ride there. I know the area like the back of my hand, I can even explain why you're late personally if you would like," Dove's lips parted, his eyes wide at the kindness the man was displaying, "where it is you need to go?" the man asked, without even giving Dove an option to say no to his offer. He seemed like the type who didn't take no for an answer, stubborn yet considerate. Dove passed his phone to the man, chewing on his bottom lip as he mulled over agreeing to get in a car with the stranger.

"What's your name?" the man inquired, scrolling over the map to follow the highlighted route to the destination, a brief chuckle drifting from his lips when he found it.

"Dove."

"It's wonderful to meet you, Dove, my name is Eryll. Please join me for coffee," now, that probably was supposed to be a very smooth line. Eryll likely expected a little giggle, maybe even an exaggerated groan and a blush. Not Dove dissolving further into tears, the venomous thoughts of having fucked up his interview and making a fool of himself in front of the man infecting his mind. What a great way to meet the man who possibly could have been his future boss.

Dove sat quietly in the cafe, sniffling occasionally, staring down at his lap with a frown. His cheeks still hadn't lost the rouge shade that stained them, the embarrassment of his outburst remaining fresh on the surface of the boy's mind. Eryll had been so caring, he had escorted Dove to his car, calmed him down and was currently purchasing him another latte, even though the boy had insisted it wasn't necessary. He would have been pleasant to work for, too bad Dove screwed up any chance of getting the job.