Chapter Nine

~Saturday 21st July 2018~

"Doesn't that hurt your hands?" Eryll just about managed to compose himself as he spun on his heel, catching sight of Dove watching him from the doorway to his home gym. Before replying, Eryll took a second to admire the boy, who adorned merely a pair of tight black boxers and a long t-shirt that just about reached the tops of his thighs. He certainly did look ravishing.

"Not really, the bandages tend to absorb the shock. I have a high pain tolerance anyway, it's never really bothered me," Dove nodded, his gaze roaming Eryll's bare chest, at least the two were consistent, "do you want to try?"

"I don't think I'd be very good, I'm not all muscled like you," Eryll chuckled, glancing down at his torso. He had always taken pride in staying in shape, with it beginning as more of an outlet for anger but morphing into a constant aspect of his daily routine.

"That doesn't matter, come here," Eryll positioned the boy in front of him, facing the punching bag, then held a wrist carefully in each hand, "rotate your wrist when before you make contact, make sure your thumb is out of the way, it's easy really. Try it," Eryll didn't manage to suppress the little smirk that flickered over his lips when Dove leant back against him a little more, marvelling at just how well the boy's body fit into his.

Dove attempted a punch, although he didn't use much force, and Eryll shifted to hold his hands a little tighter, guiding him slowly as he instructed him on how to move. The boy picked up on Eryll's teachings rather swiftly, although he did still seem hesitant to put much, if any, strength into his impacted hits, maybe it was because every time he drew back a fist, he would press back further into the man. Eryll didn't even bother to hope Dove couldn't feel his semi through his sweatpants, it was apparent by the blush staining the boy's cheeks that he could.

"How was your date?" Eryll asked casually when he and the boy parted, beginning the arduous task of removing the bandage wraps from his knuckles. At least he had bothered to use them that day, it wasn't often that he did.

"OK, I suppose, I wouldn't make a habit of it though. Made some stupid mistakes," Dove looked a little apprehensive, his gaze shifting nervously for a moment, before it met Eryll's, "would it be easier if I did that for you?" Eryll couldn't help but crack a small smile when Dove spoke so politely, holding out his hand so the boy could finish removing the wraps.

"What kind of mistakes?" Dove sighed quietly, his eyes remaining on his own hands as he tentatively unwound the bandages. When he had finished with the first one, he took a moment to rub his thumb over Eryll's reddened knuckles, applying a little less pressure when he noticed the man grimace slightly.

"Bringing him back here, for one. I shouldn't have done that. I feel like... I don't know, like I led him on. I mean, we've been talking online for months, I've just never had the chance to meet up with him until I moved out here," Dove paused for a second, his bottom lip catching between his teeth, "it's not the same anymore, I think my type has changed."

"And what is your type?" discarding the bandage wraps where Eryll instructed, Dove took a moment before he met Eryll's eye.

"You," Dove said in a voice so quiet it bordered a whisper, looking a little dazed for a moment when Eryll dared to step closer, "men like you," Dove added swiftly, in a voice no louder than the one previous, "y'know, confident but not quite arrogant. Intelligent but not quite condescending. Kind. And, truthfully, I think I like the idea of someone else taking charge, if you get what I mean," Eryll smiled, reaching out and brushing his thumb down Dove's cheek. The velvet skin felt warm to the touch, silken and smooth, a sensation Eryll would never quite get used to.

"I shouldn't be your type, Dove, as much as I'd want to be. You seem to have got me all wrong. You made some correct observations, however, one is most definitely wrong," without conscious thought, Eryll hadn't noticed how much closer he had moved to Dove, listening to the subtle, increasing beat of his heart, "I'm not kind, Dove, I'm the complete opposite, in fact, some would say I'm the devil," as usual, Eryll felt the overwhelming urge to grin as Dove's eyes flickered over his face, intrigue swirling in the bright iris'. He had never quite gotten used to that adorable expression that would weave its way onto the boy's face, it had been a trait that had passed through the many reincarnations, one Eryll was rather appreciative of.