Chapter Thirty-Three

~Friday 21st September 2018~

Not long after Dove and Eryll hadn't gotten into a relationship, the boy realised his favourite place to be was in his boyfriend's arms. He felt so safe, so secure, when curled up against Eryll's side, embraced in his arms. He liked the warmth that radiated from Eryll's chest, liked to listen to the slow beat of his heart, lulled to sleep quickly anytime he listened intently. It was peaceful, welcoming even; and Dove couldn't have asked for anything better.

That particular morning was no different. Dove awoke in a good mood, snuggled up with his back to Eryll's chest, one of the man's arms draped over his waist, his fingertips drawing absently lines over the boy's bare stomach. Dove didn't move for a moment, wanting to savour the feeling of being so close to Eryll, their bodies moulded together perfectly as if they had been sculpted to fit one another.

"Watcha looking at?" Dove murmured drowsily, squinting at Eryll's phone that the man was scrolling through. Dove gave up trying to read whatever was on Eryll's phone, instead pressing himself back against him, resting his head on the man's bicep, pressing a few kisses to the smooth muscle.

"I'm trying to decide which applicant to have as my PA," Dove adored Eryll's early morning voice. It was low, and gruff, and gravely, dripping with fatigue, sending shivers down Dove's spine with every word.

"Can I see?" Eryll moved his phone closer to Dove, allowing the boy to scroll through the two applicant's information. Jasper Lawlynne and Trent Iryss, both nice looking guys from their pictures, in fact, more than nice looking. They were gorgeous, like models, and immediately Dove felt anxiety knotting his stomach.

"Um, I don't know, either of them," Dove muttered, hoping Eryll would take his dismissive nature as boredom, not anything else. Of course, he didn't, Eryll was far too smart to have not picked up on the change in Dove's demeanour.

"What is it?" Dove remained silent, staring across the room, his eyes flickering over the three slumber husbands strewn over pillows and blankets in a mess of tangled limbs, "Dove, talk to me, please," Dove sighed, rolling onto his back, noting the concern in Eryll's eyes.

"Can't you have ugly employees?" Eryll chuckled quietly, pressing a long kiss to Dove's lips, one that was tender and sweet, more compassionate than lustrous.

"I have eyes only for you, kitten, don't ever think I could ever see anyone the way I see you. You're my soulmate, why would I give up what we have for a quick fuck with someone who wouldn't even begin to compare to you?" Dove felt his cheeks flush, a small smile curving his lips.

"Stop," he whispered, covering his face, only feeling the blush increase the longer he gazed up at Eryll.

"I'm serious, kitten, I love you and only you. I'm not employing some boy as a cover for me to have a mistress," Dove couldn't suppress his smile as Eryll peeled his hands from his face, peppering kisses gingerly over the boy's skin.

"OK, OK, I believe you," Dove giggled, cupping Eryll's cheeks, forcing the man to still, "I love you too," he whispered, still eliciting that bewitching grin on his lover's face every time he said those three words.

"I should hope so," Eryll glanced over at the pile of the three husband's sleeping peacefully, undisturbed by their conversation, "how about we go for a shower before they wake up?"

"Can we have a bath instead? I'm still a little sore from last night," Dove regretted his admission when Eryll's brows furrowed into a frown, "good sore, bear, nothing too bad, don't worry," Dove assured, thankfully convincing Eryll enough for him to drop the topic. The two ventured into the bathroom, with Dove trying his best not to wince, or at least not when Eryll was looking.