Chapter Twenty-Three

~Tuesday 4th September~

Dove didn't wake in a comfortable position. To begin with, he was alone, with that fact exclusively sending him into a foul mood. Along with that, his back ached from having slept on the couch all night. Expensive clearly didn't mean much in terms of comfort. Pulling the blanket up to his chin, Dove shivered, the apartment having dropped rather cold throughout the night.

"Eryll?" Dove received no response to his call, meaning his lover had likely left already. How pleasant. Dove sat up, raking a hand through his hair, grimacing when his fingers caught in the matted mess. A shower was definitely first on the agenda for that day, or maybe even a bath. Although it wouldn't be nearly as fun without Eryll there joining him.

Had to leave early, didn't want to wake you. Should be back around 5, there's fruit salad in the fridge, throw out that pizza. Not healthy. Love you. E x. Dove blinked rapidly for a few seconds, staring down a the little piece of paper he had lifted from the coffee table, unable to take in the words written there. Bizarrely, he was drawn to the beautiful cursive font of Eryll's handwriting, rather than those two little words he seriously hadn't expected to read. Of course, Eryll had to have forgotten he and Dove had only gotten together days ago, he had to be remembering the love he had for Noah, or anything other recent reincarnation. He couldn't love Dove, not yet, not so soon. It wasn't possible.

Dove: Thanks for breakfast, doesn't make up for waking up alone, hope you have a better day today x. Dove kept his text very simple, with no mention of the little piece of paper he had left on the couch. It would disappear, get lost somewhere in the extensive apartment, and the notion of love wouldn't have to plague Dove anymore.

Bear: Duly noted, I'll wake you up personally tomorrow morning, kitten, I promise. I doubt today will be any better, tedious discussions are a constant on these trips. I might bring you along with me next time, if only for entertainment x. An absent smile curved Dove's lips as he removed the bowl of fruit salad from the fridge, picking through it, leaving anything he wasn't particularly fond of. Sadly, Eryll had some affiliation with oranges, meaning half the bowl seemed to be filled with the heinous fruit. Dove couldn't stand them, he was sure Eryll did it to piss him off.

Dove: By 'entertainment' you better not mean sucking your cock in front of your clients the whole time, I'm shy x. Dove grimaced when he got further into the bowl, finding everything to have an awful lingering taste of citrus. Abandoning the fruit, Dove opted for a far tastier breakfast. Leftover pizza.

Bear: Maybe not all the time ;). I believe I told you to throw out the pizza, kitten x. Dove frowned, glancing around the room suspiciously.

Dove: OK, what witchy security system do you have installed? I happen to value my privacy, unlike the rest of you x.

Bear: No security system, just intuition. Fruit is better for you, and I lovingly prepared that earlier. Eat it x. Dove cringed at that word again, wondering if Eryll was hinting at it with blatant purpose so he would bring it up.

Dove: You know my opinion on oranges, bear, they're gross x.

Bear: They're good for you, eat it x. Dove rolled his eyes, a wicked smirk twisting his face as he poured the rest of the tainted fruit in the trash and finished off his slice of pizza instead.

Bear: Do you not remember the consequences of disobeying me last night, kitten? X Dove grinned, listening to the chiffon robe billow around his bare calves as he strode down the hallway to the bathroom.