Forward

Well, after much dilly-dallying, here's the third story in my Kevin Beaumont trilogy, something I never thought I'd do. This is obviously a He-Man/DC crossover due to the cover drawn by Bruce Timm. I'll admit, I've grown up around He-Man. Or should I say, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. My dad thought it was cool back in the 80's, and I thought it was cool. The idea of a prince turning into a mighty warrior sounded appealing to a young boy like me. I was 6 years old when Cartoon Network released the 2002 reboot. The original Filmation cartoon may not hold up, but it's clearly left an impact on people. My favorite version of He-Man was DC Comics's run on the character. It's like the folks at DC looked at this character and his universe, and they said, "Alright guys, let's actually put some effort into this, and let's try and tell an actual story all while paying homage." And I think they succeeded with flying colors. I may as well say I like the comic more than the cartoon. It made me imagine what it would be like to be He-Man. Even before I did the sequel to A Gotham Christmas, I wanted to do a story where Kevin becomes He-Man. The story was also inspired by The Sword in the Stone, and several other comics like Captain Marvel from Marvel Comics. In the comics, there was a time when Captain Mar-Vell had a connection to The Hulk. Whenever each one summoned each other, Mar-Vell would land on Earth, while Hulk was fighting monsters in The Negative Zone. This is kind of like that. Very spiritual. It's an ambitious crossover, but ambitious crossovers are what I like to do. By the Power of Greyskull, I hope you like this crazy crossover!