Back To Gotham

The next morning, Kevin and Barbara woke up, and they decided to pack up immediately. They put everything back into the truck, including the sword, and drove out of Higgins Lake, heading back to Gotham. Kevin then decided to call Alfred. The butler picked up and asked, "Wayne Residence, how may I help you?"

"Alfred, it's Kevin," said Kevin on the phone as Barbara drove. "Master Kevin," said a surprised Alfred, "I didn't expect to hear from you so soon. Did something go wrong during your camping trip?" Kevin shook his head and said, "no, nothing went wrong." Alfred asked on the phone, "Did you get to propose to Barbara, or did she decline?" Kevin blushed, nervously chuckled, and said, "Ix Nay on that part, Alfred. I haven't asked yet. Barbara and I stumbled onto something rather important. Like, it's world-changing. We're headed to a diner 30 miles away from Gotham for breakfast, and then we're headed back to Wayne Manor to show Dad what's going on." Alfred asked on the phone, "should I tell the commissioner and your mother what is going on and tell them to come to Wayne Manor also?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea Alfred," said Kevin. "Very well. We'll see you soon Master Kevin," said Alfred. "See you soon Alfred," said Kevin as he hung up. Barbara looked at Kevin curiously. She wondered what he wanted to ask her. But then she decided to dismiss it for now. A few minutes later, they made it to a diner that was 30 miles away from Gotham. This diner was the type of diner that truckers would stop at to eat at random hours. Barbara parked the truck, and she and Kevin went into the diner. Once they got a table, Kevin and Barbara sat down to look at the menus. A blonde waitress in a pink uniform walked in and asked in a deadpan nonchalant voice, "good morning. Hope we didn't keep you waiting. What would ya like ta drink?" Barbara looked at the waitress and said, "Coffee, cream and sugar." Kevin nodded and said, "yeah same for me." The waitress wrote that down and said, "Alright, that'll be just a few minutes." She then left to get the coffee. While Kevin looked at the menu to see what was to eat, Barbara decided now was the time to address the elephant in the room. This elephant in particular was mostly just her curiosity as to wonder what Kevin was going to ask her. "So Kevin..." Barbara said to get her boyfriend's attention. Kevin put down the menu and said, "Yeah Babs?"

"What were you going to ask me?" Barbara asked. "To eat?" Kevin asked obliviously. "No, I overheard you saying that you hadn't asked me something to Alfred yet," said Barbara, "and you were very hush-hush about it." Kevin soon realized what Barbara was talking about. The postponed surprise proposal. "Oh that..." Kevin said in realization, nervously chuckling, "it's nothing." Barbara smirked and asked, "Oh really? I saw you blushing Kev. It's that same nervous blush you gave me when I unmasked myself to you. The blush of a young man who had a crush on me. You never were that good at poker faces." Kevin chuckled, remembering that time. Before Kevin could justify anything, the waitress came back with the coffees. "Oh, thank you," said Kevin. "Have you two decided what you'd like to eat?" The waitress asked. "I'll have the buttermilk pancakes with a side of bacon," said Barbara. "And I'll try your signature breakfast combo," said Kevin. "What kinda toast would ya like?" The waitress asked. "Sourdough," said Kevin. "Alright, your orders will be ready in a couple of minutes," said the waitress as she took the menus and left. Kevin sipped his coffee. "So what was it you were going to ask me?" Barbara asked. "Well, I was going to surprise you with something," explained Kevin, "but I guess it'll have to wait until after Skeletor."

"Guess He-Man ruined your plans to surprise me?" Barbara asked. "Much as I hate to admit it," admitted Kevin, "and if I told you now, it would ruin the surprise." Barbara nodded and said, "I understand. Is the surprise a good surprise?" Kevin nodded and said, "Yeah, it is. Trust me." He sipped his coffee. "If it's all the same to you, I had a surprise for you," said Barbara, "before you and He-Man go to Eternia, can I tell you the surprise I had for you?" Kevin nodded and said, "Sure." Barbara breathed in and said, "Okay, here goes... I talked to my doctor recently, and my doctor told me that I'm able to have babies." Kevin gave a look of surprise and said, "Barbara, that's great! I'm so happy for you!" Barbara smiled and said, "I knew you'd like that surprise." A few minutes later, the waitress came back with their breakfasts. Kevin and Barbara then ate their breakfasts. After they finished, Kevin took a turn driving back to Gotham. An hour later, Kevin and Barbara were back in Gotham, and drove all the way to Wayne Manor. They soon parked at their usual parking spot, and saw that Bruce, Alfred, Andrea, and Commissioner Gordon were outside.

Kevin and Barbara got out of the car and saw their family there. "Hey guys," said Kevin as he smiled at his family. "Is everything alright Kevin?" Andrea asked, concerned for her son. "Yeah, everything's fine," assured Kevin as he smiled at his mom. "You said that you and Barbara stumbled onto something world changing," said Bruce in his billionaire playboy voice. The reason he did so was because Commissioner Gordon was the only one in the group that did not know that Bruce Wayne was Batman. "We sure did," confirmed Barbara, "want to show them?" Kevin nodded and got out The Sword of Power. "That sword definitely looks like something out of a science fiction movie," said Jim as he looked at the sword. "Souvenir?" Andrea jokingly asked. "Not exactly," said Barbara. "It's known as The Sword of Power," explained Kevin, "other names include The Power Sword and The Sword of Grayskull. It contains the soul of a mighty warrior known as He-Man. He's from the planet Eternia, and he's a superhero where he's from. Watch this."

Kevin then lifted up the sword in the air and shouted, "By The Power of Grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER!" Lightning struck the sword, and the magic from the sword came back, covering Kevin until he transformed into He-Man, shocking everyone but Barbara. "Holy Hannah!" Jim said in shock. "Greetings, I am Adam, Prince of Eternia," said He-Man. "Kevin, are you still in there?" Bruce asked, looking at He-Man. "Yeah, I'm inside the sword," Kevin's voice said. "Can't you come out?" Andrea asked. He-Man lifted the sword and said, "Let the Power show the vessel's spirit." And that's when Kevin's spirit went out of the sword. Kevin looked at his spiritual appearance and said, "huh, this is new. Hey Mom remember when I was a kid and I was a ghost for Halloween?" Andrea couldn't help but chuckle. "Can you explain how this happened?" Bruce asked. "Of course," replied He-Man, and he explained how everything happened. Once finished, He-Man concluded, "And that is why Skeletor must be stopped. When my allies find me, they will take Kevin and I back to Eternia." Before anyone could ask any questions, Damian ran in and said, "Guys, there's something on the TV you may wanna see! Wait... Kevin, are you a ghost?"