Condolences

As He-Man, Battle-Cat, Man-At-Arms, and Kevin journeyed to the base where the resistance against Skeletor resided in, Duncan explained to He-Man what happened when Sorceress exiled the sword. She explained how Skeletor murdered King Randor and Queen Marlena, thus conquering Castle Grayskull. "Your twin sister Adora lives," explained Duncan, "as does Teela. She misses you, in her own way. Most of the Masters of the Universe still live, as does the Sorceress. But now that you are alive, you and your sister are the last lineage to the throne."

Kevin's spirit came out of the sword and he said, "I'm sorry about your parents, Adam." He-Man looked at Kevin and said, "I appreciate your condolences Kevin. Casualties in war are inevitable. Especially those in one's family." Battle-Cat whimpered sadly. "Believe me, my parents know what it's like," said Kevin, "my dad's parents were murdered by a mugger. And my mom lost her mother in a car accident and her father was murdered by a hitman. So yeah, they know what it's like to lose a family member." He-Man looked down and said, "Skeletor will pay for their deaths, mark my words... When the battle is won, if it is won, only then will I wear the crown and consider myself king."

"I guess you feel like you need to earn it, huh?" Kevin asked. "Yes, I feel that I must earn my place as king," said He-Man. "That's pretty honorable of you He-Man. I like that," said Kevin. Much later, the four of them made it back to the base of the resistance. Everyone that Man-At-Arms mentioned was there, glad to see Adam was there. Adora, otherwise known as She-Ra, hugged him and said, "Oh thank Grayskull you're alive, brother!"

"I'm glad to see you as well Adora," replied He-Man as he smiled at his twin sister. "Teela truly missed you," said Adora. "Yeah, sure I did," Teela sarcastically said, trying to look away from He-Man. "I missed you the most Teela," said He-Man as he held her hand, "I was afraid I'd never see you again, my love." Teela blushed a little, smirked, and then said, "Well then kiss me like you miss me, your majesty." Kevin's spirit came out of the sword and he said, "Okay, I'm going to have to stop you there. That's my body, and if you kiss He Man, I feel like I'm cheating on my girlfriend since it's my body that your boyfriend is occupying. I mean I guess you could do a friendly hug, but well..." Teela crossed her arms and said, "Who says I'm a hugger? Who's your ghost pal, Adam?"

"This is Kevin Beaumont-Wayne, my vessel," explained He-Man, "Kevin, this is Teela, daughter of Duncan and The Sorceress, and my betrothed, my beloved." Teela playfully ribbed He-Man and teased, "Now don't get soft on me now, He-Man. I've known him since we were kids. Who's this girlfriend of yours, Kevin?" The spirit blushed and said, "Well, her name is Barbara, and you look and sound like her." Teela chuckled and said, "Well I'm flattered, Kev. Guess he's got good taste for redheads also, Adam." Kevin smiled a little. Much later, He-Man, his allies, and The Masters of the Universe were hatching up a game plan in their upcoming war against Skeletor. "Sorceress, did you or the Masters find anything out in my absence? Any weaknesses we could use in our advantage?" He-Man asked. "Skeletor has a staff that contains the power of Hordak and Orko," explained Sorceress.

"What if that staff is imprisoning your Orko friend?" Kevin asked. Others gave fascinated glances at Kevin. "You may be onto something Kevin," said He-Man. "What if, without the staff, your uncle will lose his source of power?" Kevin asked. "Sounds a little unrealistic boy," said Man-At-Arms. "No, he could be onto something Duncan," said Sorceress. "Yes, if the staff is destroyed, Orko could be freed, and Skeletor can be weakened," said He-Man. "And then you can defeat him!" Kevin said optimistically. "I have to side with Dad on this one," said Teela, "it's unrealistic and working on optimism, even if it might be logical. He has an army. And facing Skeletor alone is suicide, Adam. I won't lose you again Adam, I mean, we won't lose you again." She blushed a little. "He won't be alone," said She-Ra, "Kevin's contribution in this plan is logical. And if we really are working on optimism, then I'm optimistic our Twin Power Swords can subdue Skeletor."

"Masters, Skeletor's army is supposed to be outside Castle Grayskull," said He-Man, "we will fight his army there if need be." Kevin looked at He-Man and asked, "Adam, is there a way I could help?" He-Man smiled and said, "you have contributed much in our game plan, friend Kevin. I'll have Sorceress transition your spirit into Cringer's body if you wish to fight with us." Cringer gave a look that said, "Oh dear, I'm not going to enjoy this..." It was settled then. Everyone had the perfect game plan. "Before we go into battle, can we hold a memorial service for your parents?" Kevin asked. He-Man nodded and said, "Yes, perhaps it would be appropriate to honor our king and queen. We may not have any other chance."