He-Man's Story

Kevin and Barbara were back at their camping spot, The Sword of Power in hand. Kevin and Barbara sat near an unlit campfire, observing the sword. "What did you see after I disappeared?" Kevin asked. "I saw you transform into some muscular barbarian that looked like a cross between Fabian and Chris Hemsworth," explained Barbara, "and he mistook me for some person named Teela. He also said he wasn't our enemy..." The Sword then glowed. "I think the sword contains the soul of that guy you saw," said Kevin, "it... He... Is telling me that he isn't our enemy, and he wants the both of us to touch the sword."

"I don't trust that thing," said a skeptical Barbara. "He says he can be trusted," said Kevin, "I trust him. Trust me on this one, Barbara." Although reluctant, Barbara sighed and held Kevin's hand. "Only because I trust you and I love you," said Barbara. She and Kevin then touched the handle of the sword. The sword then glowed, causing both of their eyes to turn white. Suddenly, Kevin and Barbara found themselves in unfamiliar territory. It was almost like a dream version of aurora borealis. "What is this place?" Barbara asked. "I don't know," said Kevin, "but when you saw that Barbarian, I was in this place for a few minutes. It almost felt like an out-of-body experience." Suddenly an unfamiliar voice said, "you are in The Spirit Realm."  Kevin and Barbara turned to see the source of the voice that said that. The voice belonged to a young man around Kevin and Barbara's age. He almost looked like a thinner version of He-Man. "Are you the guy in that sword?" Kevin asked. "Yes. I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of Castle Grayskull." The young man responded. "And I am Kevin Beaumont Wayne, just a regular Gotham guy," replied Kevin as he sheepishly shook Adam's hand. Adam chuckled and said, "I'm pleased to make your acquaintance Kevin."

"Oh, and this is my girlfriend Barbara Gordon," said Kevin. "Hi," said Barbara, "sorry for my hostile attitude earlier." She awkwardly shook Adam's hand. "It is alright," replied Adam, "you were simply protecting Kevin. You are like my beloved Teela. She looks and sounds like you. You even have her fighting spirit." Barbara nodded, understanding what he meant when he mistook her for this Teela. "What was with the barbarian look?" Barbara asked. "Well, extraordinary secrets were revealed to me the day I held the sword in your hands in the realm of your earth," explained Adam, "when I said the words, by the Power of Grayskull, I have the power..."

Adam then transformed into He-Man. "I became He-Man, the most powerful warrior in the universe," he explained, "it is my suit. My breastplate harnesses my powers. So it's more than just for show." He smirked at them. "That's very interesting," said Kevin, "how come your sword is in the middle of Higgins Lake? I was about to pro... Never mind..." He didn't want to let Barbara know of his intentions just yet. The proposal was meant to be a surprise. Barbara looked at Kevin, confused. "It is a long story," said He-Man. Kevin was relieved that He-Man changed the subject. "We're willing to listen," said Barbara. "For years, I have fought with my allies, the Masters of the Universe against the forces of evil," explained He-Man, "these evil forces were commanded by my treacherous Uncle Kendor, now known as Skeletor. He has sought the secrets and powers of Castle Grayskull for many years to try and conquer and rule Eternia. And for many years, I have defeated him. But when the people of Eternia found out that Prince Adam and He-Man were one and the same, Skeletor used it to his advantage. He absorbed the power of his old mentor Hordak, and he absorbed the power of my friend, Orko."

"Who's Orko?" Kevin asked. "Oh, Orko was a Trollan. His kind have magical powers. He was our silly jester who always wanted to be a helpful sorcerer," explained He-Man, "but with Skeletor using Orko's powers for evil, and the power of his old mentor Hordak, he became a dangerous force to be reckoned with. And he nearly killed me. Before I was at death's door, I put my soul and essence into my sword, and Teela's mother the Sorceress cast my sword into your earth. The Sword would only be lifted up by someone who is pure of heart. And you, Kevin Beaumont-Wayne, are pure of heart, worthy enough to lift my sword and revive He-Man." Kevin and Barbara were astounded. "But why me?" Kevin asked, "Adam, your alter-ego is the equivalent to a superhero on your world. Me? I'm not a hero. Dad and Barbara, they're more like heroes than me!" He-Man laid his hand on Kevin's shoulder and said, "The Sword has looked into your heart and soul, and it judges that your heart is indeed pure. You remain loyal and kind to your beloved, you have compassion and humanity for others, and you are always willing to make sacrifices for the ones you care about to protect them. My father once said that a hero is not defined by their powers, but by the strength of their heart." Barbara nodded and said, "Adam's right Kevin. You were willing to sacrifice your private personal life to save Jason. If that's not brave, I don't know what is." Kevin smiled at Barbara and Adam.

"Okay, another question... How do I become... You?" Kevin asked, confused. "Ah yes," said He-Man, "you must lift my sword and say the words, By the Power of Grayskull, I Have the Power! You must shout it like you mean it! Your soul and consciousness will transition into the spirit realm within my sword, and your body will turn into He-Man, and I will regain control of the vessel, thus becoming the mighty warrior. When I am He-Man, I will be able to telepathically communicate with you. And Barbara here witnessed how to transform back. I simply say the words, Let the Power Return, and thus my spirit goes back into the sword and you will be back on your realm." Kevin nodded and said, "Sounds simple enough. I'll try to be a cooperative vessel for you Adam." He-Man chuckled and said, "I know you will. My allies should soon learn I live again. They will take you and I back to Eternia so that Skeletor can be stopped. If I must kill Skeletor to protect Eternia, then I will."

"I understand," said Kevin. "You and Barbara have my permission to leave this realm and return to your realm," said He-Man, "and remember Kevin, if you ever need my guidance, I will be there to help you." Kevin and Barbara gave He-Man a respectful nod, and suddenly, there was a bright light. In less than a minute, Kevin and Barbara were back at their campsite. "Wow..." was all Barbara could say. Kevin replied with, "I know, right? What a trip."