A Hero's Return Home

A few minutes later, Kevin was back where he left, which was Wayne Manor. It was now nighttime, and Kevin couldn't see his parents, Damian, Alfred, or Barbara anywhere. "Gee, that fight must've taken longer than I thought..." Kevin thought, looking around. He looked up at Wayne Manor, and noticed the Bat Signal. Kevin then walked to the front door, and knocked on it, mostly out of habit. In less than a minute, someone opened the door. It was Andrea! Kevin smiled and said, "Hey Mom." Andrea then hugged him and said, "Thank God you're alive." Kevin hugged back and said, "believe me Mom, I'm glad to be back." Andrea smiled and kissed him on the forehead. She then let Kevin in, shutting the door. "I take it you saved the day?" Andrea asked as she smiled at her son. "Basically, yeah." Kevin said, "I helped He-Man and his sister stop their evil uncle, and now Eternia is going to be restored to its former glory. You could say I'm Eternia's hero." Andrea tusseled his hair and said, "You're my hero too, Kevin."

Alfred walked in and said, "Master Kevin! So glad to see you've returned." Alfred gave Kevin a warm hug.  "It's good to see you too Alfred," said Kevin, "do you and Mom know where Dad and Damian are?" Alfred looked at his watch and said, "I believe they went on patrol an hour ago." Kevin nodded and asked, "is Barbara with them as Batgirl?" Alfred nodded and said, "Yes, she is. Do you want me or your mother to call your father?" Kevin smirked and said, "That depends... Is that proposal ring still hanging about?" Alfred pulled out the ring and said, "Master Bruce asked me to protect it for safekeeping." Andrea's eyes widened and she smiled, asking, "Are you gonna do it?"

"Now's the perfect time," replied Kevin, "I'll be in the Batcave." Andrea got out her phone, and called Bruce. Speaking of Bruce, he was in his Batsuit, fighting The Riddler. With him was Damian, in his Robin suit, and Barbara, in her Batgirl suit. They had by now finished defeating Nygma. And right on cue, Batman's phone rang. Batman picked up the phone and said, "Batman here." Andrea responded and said, "Hey Bruce." Batman then said, "Andrea. Are you alright? Did something happen?" Andrea responded, "Yeah, something good. Our son came home. He's alive!" Batman smiled a little and said, "That is good." Andrea then said, "Perhaps you could tell Barbara to come home? Kevin has a surprise." Batman nodded and said, "Will do Andrea. Over and out." Andrea then hung up. "Everything alright Batman?" Batgirl asked. "Batgirl, I want you to go to the Batcave," instructed Batman. "But what about Riddler?" Batgirl asked. "Robin and I will deal with Nygma," promised Batman, "besides, there's a surprise just for you." Batgirl smiled, having a good feeling what Batman meant by that. She then got outside, and got on her motorcycle, putting on her helmet.  Batgirl rode on her motorcycle, riding all the way to the Batcave. Five minutes later, she was inside the Batcave, and she took off her helmet. "Hello? Alfred? Anyone?" Batgirl called out, looking around. She walked over to the Batcomputer. The chair then turned around to reveal Kevin. He smiled and said, "Hey Babs."

"Kevin? You're back!" Batgirl said in jovial surprise. Kevin stood up and said, "Surprise." Batgirl smiled and hugged him, kissing him on the lips. "I missed you so much!" Batgirl said. "I missed you too," replied Kevin, "but you were always with me, in here." He then touched his chest, indicating that Barbara was with him in his heart. Barbara took off her mask, blushed, and said, "Oh you..." She smiled at him. "Did you do it?" Barbara asked. "I did," replied Kevin, "and there's something else I want to show you." He then played the song Hero by Enrique Iglesias.

"Is it that surprise?" Barbara asked, smiling. "It is," replied Kevin, "but before I surprise you, I have to know, how much do you love me, Barbara?" He took off her left glove, holding her left hand. "Four years ago, I never thought I could love again after getting hurt," admitted Barbara, "but you helped me love again, and made me happy. I love you with all my heart and soul, Kevin." Kevin smiled and said, "I love you too Barbara. You and my family are my strength. You've been there for me, especially in the most difficult of times. I wouldn't have gotten this far without you. I would be happy to spend the rest of my life with you. And so, I gotta ask..." He got on one knee, pulled out the small blue box, and opened it, revealing the proposal ring. Barbara gasped.

"Barbara Kathleen Gordon," began Kevin, "will you marry me?" Barbara was at a loss for words. She was almost on the verge of tears again. But this time, Barbara was ready to cry happy tears. "Kevin Adam Beaumont-Wayne..." Barbara said, breathing in, "YES! YES! I WILL MARRY YOU!!!!" She squealed in excitement, laughing and crying, hugging him tightly, and smothering Kevin's face with kisses. Kevin smiled and gently put the ring on her ring finger. "Thank you for making me so happy Kevin," said Barbara as she looked at the ring in admiration. She was going to marry the man she loved, and if things worked out, maybe she would have his babies. And she couldn't be more happy. Kevin kissed her and said, "Thank you for being my hero."

The End.