Hunk X Reader: Soulmate AU

In this au you can only see the color of your soulmates eyes until you meet them.

WARNINGS: None

Your POV

I was walking down the street trying to enjoy my surroundings, but I couldn't since all I could see was brown. See my soulmate apparently has brown eyes so that's all I get to see. Don't ask me how I learned what the color is when it's all i've seen I just have a feeling it's brown. I'm really sick of only seeing one color which may sound really selfish because a lot of people never meet there soul mate, but I just want to be able to see what the real world looks like. People are always bragging to me about the colorful world. It bugs me so much since there still is a small chance that i'll never see color.

As I was deeply pondering about soulmates I ran into someone.

"Oh my gosh i'm so sorry i wasn't looking......" When I looked up I saw my best friend Lance smirking at me.

"(Y/N) theres no need to apologize I was distracted. The sunset is just so pretty right now..." He kept rambling on about how beautiful the world is now that he can see. The thing about Lance is that he used to be just like me. Both of us would take on the world together. He could only see violet, and I could only see brown. Until recently we would hangout almost everyday even though we lived 25 minutes away from each other. Now what I mean about 'until recently' is that he found his soulmate. He was walking with me at the amusement park when we got in line to ride the ferris wheel. While we were waiting we were being very obnoxious. The guy in front of us turned around and started to get mad at us for being too loud when he locked eyes with Lance. They both just started at each other while I awkwardly stood by them. Soon enough the line was moving forward and they were both looking at each other with there eyes blown wide so I awkwardly coughed into my fist. That seemed to take them out of there trance.

"Hi i'm Keith." The emo guy said quietly reaching his hand out for Lance to shake. Lance looked like he was going to cry. I was still extremely confused until I figured out what was happening. Lance just found his soulmate and now i'll be left in the dust.

Lance wrapped his arms around Keiths neck and snuggled his head into his neck and cried. Keith hugged back and rubbed slow circles into Lance back while whispering cute little sayings into his ear. I admit it was cut, but I felt like a 3rd wheel.

"How about you guys ride the Ferris wheel together! You guys should start to get to know each other so i'll just head home." I started to walk away, but before I could leave Lance called out to me.

"Wait! (Y/N) are you sure? I feel bad that we came to hangout, and now your just leaving."

"It's fine I've got some homework to do anyway. Have fun and stay safe!" I yelled the last part while running. I looked back to see both boys blushing bright red and I chuckled.

Long story short no we don't really hangout because he is always with his boyfriend. I mean Keith is hilarious and I love when he hangs out with us, but I get sad knowing that I may never find my soulmate.

"(/n)...(Y/N)...(Y/N)!" I snapped out of my flashback to see Lance waving his hand in my face.

"Hey are you ok? You kind of just zoned out on me." He stated while pouting.

"Sorry just thinking about somethings so what were you talking about?" I asked hoping he wasn't still talking about the sunset.

"I was asking you if you wanted to come with me to me and Keiths house because we have a few friends over." Yes Lance and Keith do live together even though they've been dating for about a month or so.

"Sure i've got nothing better to do."

"Yay!" He grabbed my wrist and started running to his car while I was practically being dragged since i'm not in shape. We finally stopped at his car and got in.

"We haven't hung out in forever (Y/N)! Why don't you ever respond to my texts?"

"Oh sorry I broke my phone I had to get a new one. I kind of dropped it off my balcony..." I slowly got quieter towards the end embarrassed. Lance started laughing loudly, and I joined.

"Good job (Y/N) Anyway so at my house theres my friends Pidge, Hunk, Shiro, Allura, and of course Keith so be prepared for crazy." I nodded and we talked to whole drive to his house. When I saw his house my jaw dropped. He lived in a freaking mansion!

I followed Lance to his house and when he opened the door I saw a cute Polynesian guy behind the door. My jaw dropped once again. Slowly the brown faded away starting around his and slowly fading throughout the room. I looked around and my eyes started to water. The world was beautiful. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, and just sobbed into his chest. this was the most amazing moment of my life. He hugged back just as tightly. I quickly reached up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hi i'm (Y/N)..." I told him quietly. He softly smiled at me.

"I'm Hunk." I hid my head in his chest again while everyone started to clap.

That night was the start of a beautiful relationship. To this day I still love Hunk, and i'm glad I can go throughout life with him by my side help guiding me through.

Words: 968