2. Alexandra

Alex was so happy that she didn't have to wear a heavy coat today.

The thought flitted through her mind as she tugged on the end of her hoodies strings, her attention divided between listening to the lecture about black political activism in the 60s and 70s and the pretty one she saw yesterday. She chuckled to herself everytime she thought of him as being pretty.

She quickly turned attention back to her laptop, typing up notes after the professor shot her a few looks more than once, indicating that she knew Alex wasn't paying attention. Opening her laptop, she figured taking was better than getting called out in class.

But still, that loc filled head still occupied her mind as the community activism of Huey P. Newton was jotted down into several bullets points within her notes. Though interesting and well within her interests, the lecture was running a it long, which wasn't really good for her since she started to bounce her right leg uncontrollably and she clicked the pen in her pocket almost compulsively.

'Alright that's it for today. Remember to do your blackboard assignments BEFORE the next time I see you.'

Huffing a sigh of relief, Alex dashed out of the room, the building's exit right in front of her.

Britain

Britain went to the edge of campus to read. Reading was the escape he found solace in when he felt overwhelmed, anxious, or even bored. It was great that the wind wasn't blowing today so he was able to sit outside and read with little interruption or distraction. He also came out here to pray.

He found that praying was easier when he did it nature, so he quite often silently prayed as he walked or sat down a did it as he read. Britain's faith in God was quite important to him, so being out here was something he took time to do everyday.

Finishing his finally thoughts, he looked up and spotted her again, this time a computer bag slung over her shoulder as she walked in the direction of the girls dorms. I guess they must've both had a great sense of awareness, because she nearly came to a halt when she caught Britain's gaze.

He was still confused by how a woman could be handsome. Or at least pretty in the most masculine sense of the word.

Forever seemed to pass by as their eyes met, waiting for one another to break the uneasy silence that stood between them. Eventually Britain reached up to push one the locs out his face and waived awkwardly, not knowing what to do. When the greeting was returned he shank reflexively as his self consciousness kicked in.

To his surprise, the face across from his stretched into a broad grin, adding a new attraction to that prett-...... handso-..... what ever it was Britain liked it. Noticing his awkwardness the woman across from him raised her head as if in triumph and gave him a wink, turning to go in the direction she meant to move in before she'd stopped

Britain sat in thought, wondering who she was and why he liked her.

Alexandra

Alex sat on the edge of her bed, her homework getting done at an uneven pace throughout the evening, distractions popping up all around her as she tried to reply to these Blackboard posts. But that guy kept popping up.

Fuck this.

She put on a warm sweatsuit and grabbed the basketball in the corner, dashing down the stairs to the basketball court next to their dorm room. Although it was cold, she didn't mind cause that meant that nobody else would be outside to disturb her or ask to join in.

After about an hour, she felt way better. Moving her body felt natural despite the 40 degree weather, and she almost didn't notice until her knuckles started to radiate that dull paint again. Sometimes the cold exacerbated the pain, which was the one thing that finally got her to stop.