11. Britain

Alex felt.... safe.

She was currently staring at the wall, using Britain's chest as a pillow with her arms wrapped tightly around his torso, lightly snoring as he caught up in the hours of sleep he'd lost. Normally she would've gotten up by now, but the events of last night had exhausted both of their bodies, so she just lay there, enjoying the heavy torrents of snow falling outside. Alex loved the snow, at least the way it looked, as it reminded her of happier times. It reminded her of her dad....

December 12, 2014

Alex was happy.

She was with her father. Alex absolutely loved him. Her father was the one person in the world who could make her voluntarily laugh anymore. He was the only person that could get a rise out of her. He was the only person that she truly loved.

The were presently walking through the snow, hiking in the woods. They only did this during the dead of winter, when the snow was plenty and the air frigid. He also took Alex out here when she was depressed. Though she now towered over him, Alex standing at an above average 6'2 compared to his 5'10, she was still his little girl, and he always found ways to cheer her up.

He knew the very reason she was depressed. Her mother had begun trying to repair their relationship. That meant that she wanted easier access to her 17 year old daughter, whom she hadn't seen since was locked in her bedroom. Since then she'd grown. A lot.

Her height had sprouted up from the mere 5'7 she was when she was 15. Since her last encounter with her mother, Alex had taken to weight lifting and boxing to cope with the psychological stress she'd been put through. As a result, she was just as bulky as she was tall. Her hips and chest presented a nice semi-hourglass, her arms and abs showing how much she spent relieving her pent up anger and emotions. She'd allowed her thick hair to grow into curls that tumbled down her back.

Alex walked, making small talk with her beloved father, laughing with him, enjoying his presence.

"Dad, you couldn't have had that much hair".

Alex cackled out loud as her father reminisced the days of his long departed youth.

"I'm telling you I did honey, it's how I managed to snag your mother".

Alex stopped dead in her snow embedded tracks, when she was mentioned. Alex never liked to mention that woman. She had essentially made herself forget about her to prevent her temper from flaring up. She swore to herself that if she ever saw her again, she would make it her business to painfully end her life.

"Baby I know you don't wanna talk 'bout her, but you'll have to some day".

"Can we just keep walking Dad".

He sighed as she dismissed his remark and just kept walking with her. They eventually got to their favorite spot, perched up on a hill. They got there and sat on a cleared rock, taking in the pure white scenery. Alex turned as she heard her father shuffling around behind her. He soon produced an expensive velvet box, holding it out to his only daughter.

"What's this, Dad?"

"I just wanted to give you something . This is the present I wanted to get you first".

Inside was a ring and a necklace. The necklace held a large cerulean blue gem, shining brightly in the white light that surrounded the area. The ring held a similar stone, and inscription on the inside.

Alex smiled and hugged her father tightly. He was appreciative of her reaction, as Alex never showed much emotion any more. They stayed in their embrace, Alex enjoying the father she was glad to have.