3. Alexandra

Alex let her head flop onto the cool side of her pillow, staring up at the ceiling as she thought about Britain.

Britain. She smiled slightly as the butterflies she was so familiar with fluttered up in her stomach again, distinct from the fullness she felt after recently eating. She could finally put a name to the face she had been thinking about for so long, and she'd actually gotten to speak to to boot.

Rolling over, she thought about how she could try and talk to him again, especially since they'd finally spoken to each other in person. Alex sat in thought, wondering how she'd do it.

Britain

Britain stared at the Chick Fil A cup, still half way filled with Sprite from when Alex had given it to him.

Alex. The name kinda fit her aesthetic, though he doubted that the long form of her name was masculine in origin. Reaching over sip from it, he sat on the edge of his bed thinking.

How would they meet again?

Would they ever meet again?

Does she even want to meet again?

How could a woman make men and women sweat like she did?

Britain peeped a lot of people looking at Alex when she walked out, and he was pretty sure he could guess why.

Britain could feel himself going into a spiral he wasn't ready for tonight. Definitely not tonight.

He could feel his eyes getting heavy and involuntarily closing, and the worst thing that he could start doing right now is overthinking about something he really couldn't control. After saying the Our Father prayer and lying down, the weight of his blanket fell over him, helping him decompress as he fell asleep. As the minutes ticket by, Britain slowly slipped into an 8 hour rest, but not before thinking:

'I wish this blanket were a person.'

Alex

Alex was about to burst, if that made sense.

Her morning started out nicely enough, especially since it was Friday and she could sleep in today. Instead of being up by 7:30, she politely slept til 9, after which she didn't have class until 1:30. Picking up the ball she used yesterday, she lightly dribbled the ball on her way to the campus' gym since they weren't practicing that day.

Plus her hand didn't hurt today.

Walking into the gym, she enjoyed the silence of the rec late in morning, as no one was there to comment, watch, or interfere in what she wanted to do. Standing on the 3 point line, she shot and caught all net, smiling and feeling the need to release all the energy she now had pent.

After 2 and half hours by herself, she looked at her Apple Watch, noting that she needed to hurry up if she wanted to be on time. Grabbing her ball and bag, she went back to form to bathe again and change before she went to class.

Today was quite peaceful.

Making her way to her 1:30 and walking through the door was a pleasant surprise. Sitting in the back row away from everyone else was the boy she thought about quite frequently lately, his midnight blue hoodie pulled over his head as he scrolled on his phone waiting for class to start. She slowly walked over without hesitation, her first reflex being to take an opportunity when it presented itself. Then her thoughts took off.

Should I sit next to him?

Does he even want anyone next to him?