13. Britain

Britain wasn't always fat.

July 3, 2012

A 13 year old Britain was running around on the play ground. He was currently enjoying himself, despite being shunned by most kids. He didn't have many friends, and he sometimes enjoyed it. But he sometimes hated the ostracism, especially since most kids found his peculiar ways strange.

Britain loved cartoons, especially old ones. He'd spend all day watching Boomerang just to watch the comical misadventures of Scooby Doo and the patriarchal attitudes of Fred Flintstone and George Jetson. Britain would often take these things to heart, his mind not fully taking in the cartoonish and fictional actions of his cartoon idols.

Britain could often be found imitating the expressions of these animated figures, using phrases like "Ooba Dooba" and "Wilma!!!", when he was frustrated. But his favorite was Zoinks!!!, quoted after Scooby-Doo and Velma. Britain could often be found trying to imitate how they ran, spoke, and behaved, his actions being comical and fun in his eyes.
Britain was in his own world, playing, and running.

Yes, running. Britain hadn't yet packed on the pounds of his teenage years. His belly generally flat, maybe a little bloated from what he ate, but generally still slim. Britain continued running and becoming lost in his own world, when he was hit with a rock.

"Ow! Who threw that?!" Britain scanned the area with his glass covered eyes, his glasses providing the perfect view of.... nothing. But his ears picked up snickers. High pitched snickers. Once they died down he turned back to what he was doing, only to be hit with an even larger stone.

"Staaaaaahp!!!", Britain yelled. But his yell was only received with another rock to the head. When he turned around, he found someone bigger than him who pushed him from his standing position, forcing his glasses to fall off of his face.

"Whatchu' you doin' over here, man?" A boy who was bigger than him posed the question to the now sight impaired Britain. He was bigger than him, obviously not friendly towards people who watched cartoons, and he looked older than him.

"I w-was just playing".

"That wasn't playing, you was ova' here bein' and lih punk. You a punk, ain't you?"

"N-No I'm not".

"Yea, whatever, you can't even say it without stutterin'. Britain hated confrontation, which cause him to stutter a lot, as his mind was moving faster than his mouth could.

"L-Leave me alone, I just like c-cartoons".

"Oh you like cartoons, which ones, pussy boy".

"Oh, Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, The Fint"-

Instead of a positive response, Britain was met with a torrent of rocks that were repeatedly thrown at him, hitting him repeatedly. Britain could only plead with him to stop, as the boy repeatedly threw rocks and stones at him.

"Hey! Stop".

"Stop it, now!"

"Staaaaahp, please?!"

Britain's pleas for mercy were only met with more rocks as he realized that more boys had joined in with the boy, pelting him with more and more rocks. Eventually his initial antagonist stepped up and picked up jus glasses, chucking them far away.

When they were finished, Britain was trying to hold back his tears, on the ground, not understanding what he'd done wrong. He sat there trying to recollect himself, letting tears fall until he realized that his glasses were missing.