12. Britain

Britain was trying to wrap his head around what Alex was saying

Alex was telling him about her relationship with her mother. But in her telling him, he'd begun to realize that her past was far more emotionally strained than he'd anticipated . He was slowly running circles into the back of her hand as she hesitantly but surely revealed the details of her troubled past. It wasn't that she was devoid of motions as she always to tried to present herself as being, but she simply didn't like showing them, she saw emotions as a weakness which should be suppressed.

"That's why I hate the color pink". Alex shakily let out a breath of air as she continued to share her past experiences, her painful memories, her inner thoughts.

"I swore to myself that I'd never speak to her again."

"Wait, don't think like that!"

"Wha-, what do you mean, she scarred me for most of my childhood, why wouldn't I? I can't forgive her for that. How am I supposed to just push that aside?!" Alex was obviously upset, a vein indiscreetly presenting itself on her forehead, trying to wrap her head around why her boyfriend wasn't supporting the bitter feelings which were lingering in her head.

Alex was obviously triggered by his suggestion, though it wasn't coming from a judgmental stand point. This was simply the first time anyone hadn't joined her in her rant.

"No, I'm not saying just forget about it, but I'm saying that because I can tell that you're letting your anger fester. It's not good to let anger bubble inside of you." Britain was looking at her to see if any sort of understanding. All he was meet with was cold steely eyes and a remark that caught him by surprise.

Get out".

"Wait, what did I"-

"I SAID GET OUT BEFORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN YO' SHIT !!!" Alex pushed him off her and stared at him with the most angry expression on her face. His face initially held a look out sadness, upset that she'd even said any of that to him, but then when he looked up, that face disappeared and was replaced by the bland one that she'd hated before, which he clicks tell was making her even more upset. He did as he was told, starting the walk back to campus that was accompanied by the brisk cold.

Alexandra

Alex watched as his face went from downcast to unreadable. He quickly got out and walked off into the cold dark air, his footsteps crunching on the ground as he acceded to her angry request. Alex smacked herself in the forehead once she realized what she'd done.

She didn't mean to say that, but she'd acted on impulse. It sounded like he was trying to defend her mother's actions, not fully understanding what he said until it was too late. And here she was knowing that her harsh words had done serious damage.
Alex knew he didn't like being yelled at, and was super self conscious and non confrontational. Alex screamed into her backseat as she'd deeply regretted her choice of words. Alex she started punching the seat as she only became madder and madder with herself. But this wasn't the first time her mouth and short temper had gotten her into trouble......

December 15, 2015

It'd been about a year since Alex had last seen her dad.

Alex walked the streets alone, her gauze wrapped hands stuffed in her pockets, the night's earnings stuffed into her pockets. Alex had finally run away in the winter of 2014. She could no longer handle the feelings she had pent up inside of her. She'd nearly committed suicide, overdosing on a bottle of pills. She only lived to walk the other day by the grace of God and her "manager".