7. Alex

Alex was happy. Really happy.

It was one of the first days in which she was truly happy. Usually Alex was always tense or angry, but today was different, and she even had a small grin on her face. As she walked along, taking in the oddly warm autumn air, she got something that kinda messed up her happiness, but also made her feel loved. It was a message from Brit.

"Did you take your medicine today".

Alex HATED taking her medicine. It was disgusting and it made her lethargic and hungry. But over the last few weeks, Alex and Britain were helping each other with their "things". Britain finally prodded and blank face her until she would finally agree to talk about her temper. And in turn, Alex always to
be informed of anything that made Britain uncomfortable or that would help him function better. Alex found that one of these was a pair of sensory gloves with glowing finger tips and a stuffed  Eevee.

This would happen or he would punish her. Alex hated being punished. It wasn't hitting, but simply meant that he would either refuse to speak with her or there was no physical contact between them. Alex absolutely hated that😐.

B

Britain was currently reading. That was one of his favorite things to do, especially after a long and stressful day. As he turned the page of his reading material, he was surprised to feel his phone vibrate sharply in his pocket. It was rare that people texted him, especially if they didn't want anything from him. He quickly dismissed those thoughts and turned his attention to the blue bubble above a digital keyboard

Are you free? - A

Yea, why?  - B

Where are you? - A

In your room- B

Stay put- A

Britain quickly tossed his phone to the side, taking note of the last message, although personally he didn't like the tone of the message. That's the one thing Britain couldn't get past, her blunt way of speaking. Britain appreciated the attentiveness, he just wasn't used to people barking or demanding orders of him.

Britain just put down his phone, turning bacl to the book which had previously occupied his attentions.

Alexandra

Alex walked back to her room enjoying her day of happiness, not letting her past emotions get her down. She walked back up to her room and when she opened the door, she was meet with a pleasing and surprising sight.

Britain was presently reading, his hand supporting the left side of his head and staring down at the book. Alex liked this picture because he seemed...... attractive. That that he was extraordinarily beautiful, and neither was he terribly ugly.

They sight that she was liking was just him. Someone that she could relate to her and who could reciprocate her feelings. Someone that actually took the time to tolerate and understand her.

She immediately knocked on the door frame, watching as the  guy on her bed glanced over at her, a look in his eye which she wanted to keep there, and that was peace. The one thing she loved about this whole situation was that he seemed peaceful. Usually she found intense looks of anxiety or consternation plastered on his face, but today it was one of sincere rest. Tranquility, if you will.

"Hey Brit"

"Hey Alex"

Alex slowly kicked off her shoes and preceded to the bed, and to her surprise, Britain lifted the covers for her to get in. She simply took the silent gesture and got in.

Britain

You ever just admire something?

Britain was. Here was a girl, and she was remarkable. Her hair was tied up in her usual bun, and had this really nice look on her face. Lol her face was nice period. Her plump lips complimented her face perfectly, her lashes just the right length. Britain's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his stomach signaling his desire for food.

"Alex, you wanna get some food."

Alex looked up, but it was odd. The look in her eye was rather...... glad. It was rather odd seeing it. Britain didn't know what it was, but he knew there was something wrong. But instead on a negative answer, she simply smiled and nodded.

They quickly got dressed and walked out, Britain hungry and curious and Alex happily content with herself.

..............

They set out to go get whatever's they wanted, finally deciding on Cookout. While they were waiting for food, Britain couldn't help but feeling a pair of eyes staring down the back of his head. He turned to see a very pretty girl staring at him intensely. The look said, "Fuck you lookin' at fat boy". He turned around obviously embarrassed.

"Uh, I'm gonna go to the bathroom".

"Ok".

Britain got there and just heaved a heavy sigh. Why was she looking at him like that. Had he done something wrong?

Once he'd gained his composure, he stepped out. What he saw next made his heart sink and blood boil.

The Alex girl was really close to Alex, slipping her number in her pocket. As the girl turned to leave, she winked at Alex and gave the Britain the coldest mean mug he'd ever received.

Alex

Alex was content. She'd felt happiness before, but now she felt...... satisfied. Like this is how she wanted to spend life. Or at least this was the person she wanted to spend life with.

Alex was patiently waiting for their food, when Britain went to the bathroom. She was standing there enjoying the high when she noticed a really pretty girl staring at her. She brushed it off, seeing as she wasn't Alex's type.

She seemed like the type of girl that needed constant attention and maintenance. Alex hated needy girls like that. Plus she'd seen her around a few times, with different guy or female every week. Definitely not her type. Alex just stood there as the girl approached her, obviously looking to flirt with her.

"Hey Papi, whatchu doing here by yourself ". The girl slowly ran her hand down Alex's arms, trying to incite her into a mutual affection.

Alex just stood there, not responding to her touches at all. She hated girls that threw themselves around to everybody. She just stood there while the girl had begun to annoy her.

"My name Chalayna, how bout' chu Papi?"

This girl was really starting to piss her off. Her accent was horrible. As if she had no command of the English language whatsoever. She just stood there, her happiness now disturbed by the illiterate ding-bat standing in front of her.

"Take my numbuh, Papi".

Alex was officially blown. If anyone could see her face, they wouldn't dare approach her, yet this girl kept going.

She just stood there as the illiterate girl slipped a piece of paper in her pocket. The girl winked at her and then turned and made the ugliest face in the world, finally leaving the restaurant and Alex the hell alone.
When the girl left, she casually tossed the piece of paper into the trash. Britain then walked back over to her with a look obvious dismay and irritation.

"Who was that?" She could here the venom and jealousy in his voice when he said it.

"I don't know...... her breath smelled like sour milk and fish though".

When she said that she got the desired result which was a giggle from Britain.

"That's not nice and you know it".

"Her breath is what's not nice".

She earned herself another laugh from B, and it made her laugh too. His laugh was infectious, pulling her into a laugh even if she hadn't wanted to. While they were laughing, they'd finally gotten their food and left, Alex trying to gain back her initial bliss.