15. Alexandra

"You should try going to therapy."

Alex was quickly taken aback my such a suggestion. The thought of going to an office where an old man or a middle aged white woman would try to coax you into airing out your inner feelings to them was unappealing to her. She had enough trouble allowing Britain to know her inner feelings, why should she tell anyone else.

"Why, that's dumb."

"I think it'd be good for you."

"How and I'm barely able to let you in on things that upset me."

"They would be a medically trained professional, and in any event, they'd provide you with better coping mechanisms."

Alex and Britain stood there for a while, Alex's face clearly stating that she wasn't going while Britain's held the exact opposite, taunting her with the unspoken statement, "You're going".

Alex was becoming annoyed, not that he was telling her that she was going, but because she hated the idea of going to a therapist.

If only Britain knew.........

March 11, 2016

Alex was really intimidating.

One thing that Alex recognized but refused to change about herself was her stature. With her height and build, Alex didn't really seem approachable, and it was exaggerated and more effective when she did it intentionally.

So here she was currently attempting to control her frustration as she sat in front of the middle aged white man who was presently staring at her an almost deceptively condescending look, seeming to display sympathy but in reality seeing her as simply a patient, occasionally glancing toward the clock, watching as the long hand of the clock slowly wound it's way from one part of its circular confines to the other.

She hated therapy because it made her feel stupid. For years she'd been going because of the anger issues she had, but she often ducked going, and eventually her dad and her school councilors took away her choice as to whether or not to attend.

What she got was a plethora of people who essentially ignored her own feelings, regardless of whether or not she was right or wrong, and made it seem like she was always wrong, when a lot of the times she actually wasn't.

It would leave her in a state of angst and in floods of tears after each appointment which left Alex, who was not equipped to deal with the things she'd struggled with, to swallow whatever it was into a deep well of pent up emotion, the concoction being anger, resentment, sadness, and a few a others which she couldn't put into words.

"So Alex do you have any siblings." Alex's response was a annoyed stare, desiring to display her displeasure at being in the therapy session.

"How's school going for you?" Her response was to stare back at him, her eyes now stating, "Why do you care?"

"How's Mom doing?"

Alex's hand gripped the arm of the chair she was in and broke it off, all while looking at him with that face of hers, causing the older man to look at her her apprehensively, obviously afraid and uncomfortable as one of his office chairs was now broken and his person was threatened.

"I think that's e-enough for today. See you next week."

Alex got up with a huff, staring daggers at the man who'd touch a sensitive subject and who really didn't want to get beat up that day.

Completely Attachedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें