Part 7 - Bon Voyage

Sanem POV

Our drive to the airport was silent, Can was driving and glancing over at me every now and then, to make sure I was feeling alright. I smiled back every time just to reassure him that I was fine. We reached the airport, and checked in our luggage and waited to board our flight.

We yet have half an hour to wait do you want some tea or anything? Can asked.

No no, I won't have anything. This is my first time I am going on a plane, and my nervousness and excitement might make me puke.

Oh OK; he replied

Can went to get himself some tea and I walked up to the glass window to see all the huge planes taking off or coming in. The view amazed me. I was in my deep thought when someone poked my arm, I turned thinking it was Can but saw who I least expected.

Osman!! What are you doing here? I asked surprised.

Sany that's rude, no hi or hello not even a hug!! Just a "what are you doing here?" Osman mimicked me.

Sorry, Hi ; I said sheepishly.

Hello to you too; saying that Osman pulled me into a hug.

In a matter of seconds I heard a loud cough and I pulled back only to realize that Can was right behind Osman.

Osman this is Can, my husband; I say as Can walked up next to me putting his arm around my shoulders and handing me a bottle of water.

This is Osman my... Before I could complete Osman interrupted me and said; Sany's first crush!!

I was shocked and Can almost choked while sipping his tea.
I patted his back and asked him if he was alright, he nodded.

Osman is my high school friend; I told Can but he was too buzy scrutinizing Osman, that I was not sure he heard me.

Yes of course, Sany is my friend also; Osman said smirking.

Its Sanem; Can growled and I jumped by his sudden act.

What? Osman asked confused.

Sanem not Sany; Can said again but a little more calmly - just a little.

Oh that, well we call each other pet names always, its Sanem for you but Sany for me just the same as you can call me Osman but only Sany calls me Osy; Osman said.

Osy!! Can growled again but this time looking at me.

We were kids then, now its just Osman.I said to Can
By the way Osman where are you going? I asked to change the topic as Can's face seemed very dangerous right now and Osman smirking wasn't helping either.

I am going to Sydney, where are you two headed to? Osman asked and hearing that Can pulled me by the waist closer to him. I kept mum because I was not sure what to say and plus today whatever I seem to be saying is turning into an argument. So it was better to be silent.

We too are going to Sydney for our honeymoon; Can said and I was pretty sure Can emphasized the word " honeymoon ".

Sany you didn't call me for the wedding. How is Uncle, Aunty and Leyla? Do they yet remember me? ; Osman asked me.

They all are fine. They remember you but now they won't be able to recognize you and about the wedding, it was a small only family wedding; I said all in one go.

Well Sany even I am family; Osman said and Can scowled at his comment.

Can was going to say something when our flight was announced.

We got to leave that's our flight; Can said

Oh too bad we are not on the same flight; Osman said

Thank God for that!!! Can said and intertwined his fingers in mine and took me to the direction of our departure gates.

I turned and waved at Osman to say bye and Can waved at the air, so I assumed Can also meant to say goodbye. After we settled on our respective seats on the plane, Can put my seatbelt on himself even though I told him that I can do it. He seemed to be grumpy, but I was not quite sure why, so I decided to ask.

What's wrong Can? I ask

Nothing; Can replied looking away.

Look at me please; I say as I touch his cheek to make him look towards me, which he did.

What's wrong? I ask again.

He just stared at me and then asked; Do you love him?

It took me a minute to understand who he was talking about and I realized this was about Osman.

No Can I don't love him; I said

But he said that he was your crush; Can replied

Can, yes Osman was my crush, I will not deny it, but what I say is true when I said I don't love him. Osman was my infatuation, nothing more than that, tamam; I said hoping this will clear his thoughts.

Does he like you? Can asked

I don't think so Can... But Can interrupted me saying; I saw how he spoke to you, it did seem that he liked you.

Can!! Osman is a flirt by nature and this is how he behaves with every girl, after he got to know that I had a crush on him, he teases me even more that's all. I said in one breath as I knew it was better Can accept what I say because I was starting to get irritated at being questioned!!!!

But; Can said and I stopped him.

Enough Can! I have told you before that I don't love him. Shouldn't that be enough, Don't you trust me?; I snapped.

Can kept silent and I turned to look outside the window , in our fight I didn't even realize that we had taken off and were now in the air. It took me couple of minutes to cool myself down. I turned around to face Can when I saw that he was already staring at me.

I am sorry, I shouldn't have spoken that way; I said

Can just stared at me, then he cupped my face with his palms and the next thing is I can feel his lips on mine. 

------/////------