Mr.Alsina

"Please don't start this today. I want to at least be able to hold a smile on my face for this interview" I said to my boyfriend over the phone.

"Man whatever" He hung up abruptly. I got up from bed wiping my eyes. I went to my bathroom and observed my face in the mirror. The bruise is slowly fading but it hurts.

I undressed and got in my tiny shower. I live in a small studio apartment above a Korean restaurant. I don't have much at the moment but if I get this job I'll be able to buy more and pay all the late rent.

I got out of the shower smelling good. I put my robe on and dried my hair. Living in New York isn't a joke. I'm in a really bad neighborhood and I can't even sit outside in the evening because some drunk old guy will try to touch me.

I need to make it out of here though. My passion is rapping but I've never told anyone that.

I put my hair up in a bun then got dressed for my interview. I put on a sophisticated black pencil skirt, I tucked a gray button up into it and put on a pair of black heels.

I did my makeup with what I had then took my hair out. I straightened my naturally wavy hair then grabbed my purse. I checked the time seeing that I was almost late. I ran downstairs and outside to the alleyway and ran to the subway.

A man running towards me yanked my purse from my hands and pushed me against the stone wall.

I took in the pain not letting anyone see how hurt I really was. I got on the subway before it left me and sat down. I'm screwed. That man has my wallet, my phone, my keys, and everything else. I always keep a spare key in my shirt pocket but I need a phone so I can report everything stolen and get my cell turned off.

When the subway got to the building I knew I was already 5 minutes late. Without my papers, resume, or credentials. I ran to the elevator anyway catching it right before it went up. A very attractive man stood before me in a black and white suit.

I can't worry about him right now.

"Um excuse me miss" He said with a distinct accent.

"Yes?"

"Your shirt"

I looked down at my shirt turning red. It was unbuttoned halfway down so he could see my bra that was a little too small. I hate being too poor to buy the correct size clothes. I buttoned them quickly.

"I'm sorry about that"

"It's fine. What are you here for today?"

"A job interview. I don't have any hope though because everything I had was stolen on the way here. But I guess I'll try to win the boss over with my personality"

"Hm. You're pretty late"

"How do you know?" I asked looking up at him.

"I'm the boss"

"Oh god. I am so stupid. I guess I blew it already. You could've been my future boss and you seen my bra!" The elevator doors opened and he stepped out.

"Come on" I shook my head while following him to his office. He closed the door and showed me where to sit. I sat down with shaky hands.

He sat down at his desk and smirked at me.

"Win me over"

"Huh? Ok. Well I'm Katherine Bodania. I went to college for a year but I had to drop out. I- I can't do this. I'm sorry but could you give the job to someone who's prepared?" I stood up and ran out of there to the bathroom. I locked myself in a stall and started crying. Not because of what just happened but because it won't ever happen again. I'll never get another job interview.