10

❤️❤️❤️
Donghyuck was traumatized. His body ached in pain and bruises were beginning to form. Donghyuck didn't notice the bruises but they were obvious after all he'd been through that day. He didn't mean to ruin his parents business deal. He accidentally cancelled the airline and accused the business partners of scamming but could you blame him, they were asking for credit card details. As he bravely picked himself off the floor, Taeyong stood beside him and supported him with an arm around his waist.
"Stop it!" Taeyong yelled at his parents. He was hurt seeing Donghyuck in pain. He would much rather be hurt than see Donghyuck hurt but that was it. His parents hurt Donghyuck more, just to get to him and hurt his feelings.
His father grabbed Donghyuck's shirt and punched him to the ground. Donghyuck felt a familiar metallic taste flood his mouth and he coughed up the liquid onto the ground. His father repeated to kick him in the stomach, a little harder each time, until Taeyong couldn't hold back his anger any longer.
"I told you not to hit my brother!" He yelled. He launched himself forward, knocking his father on the jaw, sending him stumbling backwards into a wall.
"How dare you." His mother attempted to slap Taeyong but he grabbed her wrist before the impact came.
"Don't ever touch me." He growled and his mother was quite scared at his change in expression. It was blatantly obvious that he could kill her if he wanted to and so she backed away. He picked the limp Donghyuck off of the floor and carried him out of the house. The boy still squirmed in pain and Taeyong didn't know what to do.
So he knocked on his neighbours door.

❤️❤️❤️

Taeyong knocked swiftly on the door and expected Mark to answer the door but to his surprise it was Chenle and Yangyang.
"Where's Mark?" He said in shock.
"I-inside." Chenle stuttered after seeing Donghyuck in such a weak state.
"What happened hyung?" Yangyang asked but before he could get a response Taeyong rushed into the living room. Donghyuck was beginning to slip out of consciousness and when Mark saw him he felt his heart stop. The other boys where shocked and confused. Words couldn't describe how sad they felt seeing Donghyuck in this state. They'd always known him as playful and lively but know he was hurt and lifeless.
The boys shared a confused look but Mark felt the worry for Donghyuck almost suffocating him. He lead Taeyong upstairs to his room, where he lay Donghyuck on the bed. Jisung without question ran to get some tissues. Donghyuck glanced at Mark with eyes only half open. He then moved his gaze to the others. The looks of worry painted on their faces. Mark looked at Donghyuck, mouth slighlty agape and panting heavily, every now and again hissing in pain. Taeyong wiped the blood from Donghyuck's lips and forehead.
"What happened?" Jaemin asked.
"Who hurt him?" Jisung was also curious.
Taeyong and Mark shared a look that all of the boys noticed. Mark bit his lip and glanced at Donghyuck again.
"I'm gonna tell them." Mark whispered loud enough for them all to hear.
"N-no." Donghyuck struggled to speak.
"I don't - Want to worry anyone." He spoke. The suffering was clear in his voice and Mark almost teared.
"Tell them, they deserve to know." Taeyong sided with Mark.
"Please tell us. Were worried!" Jeno said shakily.
Mark took a deep breath. He was about to speak but hesitated when he felt Donghyuck's touch on his arm. He took another deep breath and pushed Donghyuck's grip off of his arm.
"It's his parents." He announced and their eyes filled with horror mixed with sorrow. No one dared to speak up and the melancholic atmosphere died away when Renjun spoke up.
"Elaborate." He said and Mark explained everything to them with the help of Taeyong. Not missing a single detail and by the end they were all in tears.
"Why haven't you reported this yet?" Yangyang questioned.
"If it was up to me, I would've. Donghyuck wanted me to stay quiet. He didn't want to cause trouble and he didn't think anyone would understand either." Mark hung his head low and let the tears drop.
Donghyuck leaned forward and squeezed his hand tight.
"Hyung, don't cry." He mumbled.
Mark looked up, only to look away again, he couldn't bare the sight of him in pain. Donghyuck sat up and scooted closer to Mark, which only caused him pain.
"Hey, don't move you'll get hurt." Mark spoke.
"But I wanna sit next to you." He stated making the boys smile. So mark scooted closer and wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist but he winced in pain upon contact. Mark retreated his arms and worry took over him again.
"Take off your shirt." Taeyong told Donghyuck. The boys widened their eyes in shock.
"We have to treat your bruises.". Taeyong clarified.
"Why?" Donghyuck groaned.
"We're all guys here anyway, just take it off." Taeyong informed.
"Correction. We're all gay guys." Donghyuck explained, seemingly a lot better.
"Whatever take it off." Taeyong helped Donghyuck pull off the top and the boys gasped when seeing his lower abdomen covered in dark blueish bruises.
"Hyuck..." Mark stared in horror. The anger was slowly consuming him and all he wanted to do was report the incident but he held back again for Donghyuck and Taeyong.
"If someone doesn't hold me back, I might commit murder." Renjun spoke.
"Amen to that." Jisung agreed.
Donghyuck laughed at the two of them but they shot him a look showing that they were serious.
"Sorry but It's fine, I feel a lot better now." He said.
"It's only been 30 minutes." Jeno told him.
"Nobody recovers from injuries that quick. So lay back down." Jaemin scolded.
Donghyuck obeyed, not wanting to oppose them any longer. Taeyong left and soon came back with a steamed towel and small bucket of hot water. He passed them to Mark and the boys took seats around Donghyuck. He dipped it in the water and wrung out the excess water before pressing it to Donghyuck's bruises. Again, he winced in pain and Mark looked away not wanting to witness his suffering.
"Jaemin, you do it." He told before stepping out of the room.

❤️❤️❤️

He walked around the house and couldn't help his thoughts from trailing back to Donghyuck.  He sat silently on the doorstep with a bottle of his parents vodka for some fresh air and gazed intently at the house next door. It confused him a lot. How could someone hurt their own child? He took a huge gulp of the alcoholic beverage and sighed.
The concept was scary to him. Like a disorder even. The fact that people could bring themselves to commit such acts of contempt and insolence.
He took another gulp as he tried to imagine Donghyuck's pain but not even Mark's imagination could do the trick. Making their own blood feel this much pain and hatred in themselves, it was a vile crime. Soon the bottle was finished and Mark threw it to the side. He was now more curious as to what kind of life Donghyuck's parents must have had to make them this way.

So, maybe it was the alcohol running through his bloodstream or maybe it was the anger pulsing with his heartbeat or maybe it was the feelings he felt for Donghyuck, that lead him to act in this way.

But there he was, knocking on the front door of Donghyuck's house, hoping his parents would answer the door...
❤️❤️❤️